/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sisters section

serena77
03-09-2012, 09:26 PM
salaams
i applied to the sisters section back in jan. I haven't heard anything yet... if i had not been accepted wouldn't i have gotten notification?
thanks
Serena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sis muslimah
03-09-2012, 09:54 PM
^^^ same here :)

White Rose
03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
I wish they would lower the number of posts required to apply :(

Sunnie Ameena
03-11-2012, 10:08 PM
I agree with you arjmand. I don't always post, but I enjoy reading, so my post numbers don't rise fast. So I would love to join the sister's section, even if it is just to read and post occasionally. It seems to me, that it will take me a very long time to get to 300. :( Peace, Sunnie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
White Rose
03-11-2012, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
Re: sisters section
I agree with you arjmand. I don't always post, but I enjoy reading, so my post numbers don't rise fast. So I would love to join the sister's section, even if it is just to read and post occasionally. It seems to me, that it will take me a very long time to get to 300. Peace, Sunnie
Yes same here. It would take me probably 4 years to get to 300 posts. ;D

KDhieb
03-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I know that feeling! lol

Al-bint
03-12-2012, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
Yes same here. It would take me probably 4 years to get to 300 posts.
might take even longer for me...!

wasalaam

Sunnie Ameena
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Maybe we need to keep posting to each other about our lives and such, and then we can help each other raise our post numbers. lol. Just a thought. ^o)

White Rose
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Maybe we need to keep posting to each other about our lives and such, and then we can help each other raise our post numbers. lol. Just a thought.
;D Good idea.

Sunnie Ameena
03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Well, here is some stuff about me. I converted last year on my 52nd birthday, in August.

Tilmeez
03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I converted last year on my 52nd birthday, in August.
Subhanallah! Subhanallah! You are too young:omg:.... I mean only 7 months old, Mashallah.

Maybe we need to keep posting to each other about our lives and such, and then we can help each other raise our post numbers. lol. Just a thought.
Not sure about your age sister but sure this won't work with the sister who is on guard of Sisters' Section. How about sending her PM? Did you try it? Yes? Nevermind send another :X Don't worry She can read English, I know:hiding:
Another thing is if you know some oldtimers here? If yes then ask them to vouch for you

Ramadhan
03-13-2012, 03:38 AM
:sl:

Yep, sending messages is a good way :X
I kept sending messages to the mods/admins before they finally admitted me to the brothers section :statisfie

Sunnie Ameena
03-13-2012, 01:48 PM
I look forward to the day that I reach my 300th post. ;D

White Rose
03-13-2012, 04:15 PM
So we should keep sending her pms until she accepts us? ;D

Al-bint
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Well, here is some stuff about me. I converted last year on my 52nd birthday, in August.
Masha Allah! May Allah bless you with jannah!

salaam!

me too! :exhausted
So we should keep sending her pms until she accepts us? ;D
try it. if it helps then tell me too :statisfie

wasalaam!

إحسان
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I wish they would lower the number of posts required to apply :(
Me too :( I'm not the type to post much, usually just roam around. I've been on this forum for nearly a year and I've only gotten like what... 100 posts? :hiding:

Sunnie Ameena
03-14-2012, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *dua
Me too :( I'm not the type to post much, usually just roam around. I've been on this forum for nearly a year and I've only gotten like what... 100 posts? :hiding:
I too only have just past 100. I like roaming around, there is always something new to read and learn from.

peace_maker
03-14-2012, 11:31 AM
So, I'm not alone, am I? :hmm: BTW, I heard they are making some upgrades in sisters' section, that's why we haven't been accepted yet?

Snowflake
03-14-2012, 11:47 AM
The grass is always greener... :hiding::p

Sunnie Ameena
03-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Wow Dying Rose, you have over 7000 posts, that is amazing and awesome.:sunny:

Snowflake
03-14-2012, 05:26 PM
^Shhhhh sis Sunnie... there's nothing amazing and awesome about having countless embarrassing posts scattered around the forum lool :embarrass

Who Am I?
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM
I feel your pain, sisters.

I applied twice to the Brothers' Section and was denied both times. There will not be a third time...

Endymion
03-14-2012, 06:40 PM
tch tch tch...

:giggling:

Sunnie Ameena
03-14-2012, 06:48 PM
So basically if I achieve my 300+ posts, then that does not mean they will nessacarily accept me? If that is the case, then I will not worry about rushing to get mine. I will just enjoy posting to others out here where everyone can see what I post.

AabiruSabeel
03-14-2012, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
I applied twice to the Brothers' Section and was denied both times.
I don't remember receiving your application... You can still go there and create a thread if you like.

So basically if I achieve my 300+ posts, then that does not mean they will nessacarily accept me? If that is the case, then I will not worry about rushing to get mine. I will just enjoy posting to others out here where everyone can see what I post.
It depends on the sister in-charge of that section. It would be better if you enquire directly from her.

Sunnie Ameena
03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank you AabiruSabeel, I will contact them. :statisfie

sister herb
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
So, I'm not alone, am I? :hmm: BTW, I heard they are making some upgrades in sisters' section, that's why we haven't been accepted yet?
I hear that too but it was at January and sister moderator told me it takes just few weeks...

^o) and now it is March.

joyous fairy
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Just a few posts to go.

:O imagine I get rejected. Lol. A guy called 'Joyous fairy' is defo one Id like to meet ;D

Who Am I?
03-15-2012, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
I don't remember receiving your application... You can still go there and create a thread if you like.
This was a long time ago, so you probably don't remember it. It would have been June or so of last year when I last applied.

It's really not important anymore... as I said, there will not be a third time.

ardianto
03-15-2012, 05:31 AM
I am sure they will not accept me in sister section. :p

Marina-Aisha
03-15-2012, 07:33 AM
I've just applied so proberly be while until they answer me.

joyous fairy
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Ya7ya
Sister mods in charge of that section are a bit slow, please bear with them. They can take months to go through a single application.
In that case you should put all the sisters that are commenting in this thread straight through and make them mods of that section :p

Wait, Admins can do that, right?? RIGHT :?

Periwinkle18
03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Sister mods in charge of that section are a bit slow, please bear with them. They can take months to go through a single application.
heyy our sis mod isn't slow i guess shes just a lil busy...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
heyy our sis mod isn't slow i guess shes just a lil busy...
Your right, i believe the sister mods are busy at the moment as i've not seen them online/active for a while..

inshaa'Allaah they'll get back to you sisters's when possible.

peace_maker
03-17-2012, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I hear that too but it was at January and sister moderator told me it takes just few weeks...

^o) and now it is March.
I know... :hmm:

joyous fairy
03-19-2012, 01:10 AM
:ooh: I just realised I have 300 posts (with this). Now what? Am I an official member of the 'gang'?

Sunnie Ameena
03-19-2012, 01:23 AM
WOOHOO you are officially past 300 posts. Congratulations!!!!;D:awesome:

~Raindrop~
03-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Or maybe they've just been really busy with non-Internet-related things! :exhausted

Gulp. Looks like all the members I've been keeping away from the SS have joined forces :(

Lol just messing... I'm really sorry for the delay, haven't been active for a while now as I've been extremely busy with work-related activities and I've not had much spare time. Please forgive me for any anguish/anxiety/depression caused. :unsure:

I was supposed to sort it today but it's late and I'm tired so... This week, inshaAllah.

If you have any complaints, please send them to the LI Complaints Officer, otherwise known as Abu Yahya. I'm sure he'll be very happy to deal with them :)

Periwinkle18
03-19-2012, 07:19 AM
^ aww dw sis im sure the sisters arnt mad at u :)

Sunnie Ameena
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Asalam Alaikum,
Periwinkle18, I agree with you, I am sure none of the sisters are mad at the mods. I'm definitely not mad, because I know that the mods have their own lifes. I am almost half way to the big 3 0 0. :bravo:Sunnie Ameena

Al-bint
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
I just realised I have 300 posts (with this). Now what? Am I an official member of the 'gang'?
i still have a long way to go .... huh!

wasalaam!

Cabdullahi
03-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I think they should shutdown the entire sisters section! and then reopen it

Al-bint
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
I think they should shutdown the entire sisters section! and then reopen it
why is the 'and then reopen it' in white? i couldn't see that till i by chance highlighted it ^o)

wasalaam

SFatima
03-19-2012, 03:00 PM

greetings sunnie, you know I'd looked forward to that day too with great anticipation ,ahem but dont worry you can find us all outside the section too, and talk to us in code words :omg:

Sunnie Ameena
03-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Code words sounds cool. lol

Who Am I?
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
:ooh: I just realised I have 300 posts (with this). Now what? Am I an official member of the 'gang'?
You haven't heard? You have to pass the intiation test before you can join the gang.

What is the initiation test? Well.... you'll have to ask around for that. It's a bit of a secret...

joyous fairy
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
You haven't heard? You have to pass the intiation test before you can join the gang.

What is the initiation test? Well.... you'll have to ask around for that. It's a bit of a secret...
Ok, can I ask you?

~Raindrop~
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
^he failed. Mainly because he's not a sister.

(And can we please stop with the free-posting in this thread now?? :exhausted)

ardianto
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Can I make a thread in sister section?

~Raindrop~
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
^no, but you can apply for access to the sisters section. :)

Of course, it should be noted that you'll receive a 99-point infraction and a few days ban :X

ardianto
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Okay, okay. I was kidding with make a thread in sister section.

Sunnie Ameena
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Asalam Alaikum,
Good morning sisters. Well, after thinking about it for a bit, I decided not to try and join the sister's section when I do achieve the 300 posts required. It just seems like there is too much to accomplish in order to join. I am not sure what "free posting" is, but I am hoping that I am not doing it. If I am, I hope someone tells me, because I do not want an infraction. Well, off to read the forum's, see everyone there. Peace, Sunnie Ameena

Marina-Aisha
04-06-2012, 02:47 PM
well ill be accepted soon?

Tilmeez
04-06-2012, 06:23 PM
On the serious side, to all sisters who want to join, Please look on it from your (sisters') point of view:
a. Its purely for your security.
b. When you are in sister section it means only sisters can see it, Inshallah.
c. We, Actually sister Mods, are trying our (their) best therefore you are requested to bear with them. And allow them to work on their own pace.

Jazzakallah o khair.

format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie Ameena
I am not sure what "free posting" is, but I am hoping that I am not doing it.
Rest assured you are not doing it.
once your inside the sisters' section, the limitation will be lifted and you will be free. :p

Sunnie Ameena
04-06-2012, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Originally Posted by Sunnie Ameena I am not sure what "free posting" is, but I am hoping that I am not doing it. Rest assured you are not doing it.
Thank you very much for letting me know. I did not know what it was, so I was afraid I might be doing it. Sunnie Ameena

asiya45
04-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I am waiting as well :(

....trying to be on the good side of sister AISHA :statisfie

asiya45
04-17-2012, 02:30 PM
:hmm: Why do Brothers section only need 200 posts? :nervous:

asiya45
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
I am almost there :D 300 here I come ;D

dqsunday
04-23-2012, 03:23 AM
What confuses me is why 300 posts are needed? I don't see how that makes it any more secure or safe for us Sisters. Afterall, why would brothers only need 200? Is that implying sisters are expected to post more often then brothers? It really makes no sense to me.

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
:bump: applied nearly a week ago...no reply yet?

Marina-Aisha
07-27-2012, 09:43 PM
seriously wots the hold up! am i being refused??lol

MuslimahBarb
07-28-2012, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
seriously wots the hold up! am i being refused??lol
Sis I don't think the Sisters Section is active any longer. Sad really because it was a good place for the sisters "meet."

Qurratul Ayn
07-28-2012, 02:41 AM
^ Hold ya horses there, my dear Sister MuslimahBarb!

It was active just at the beginning of Ramadhaan, but I think all the wonderful Sisters are winding down for Ramadhaan (including meself, ya know) and focusing their heart, mind and soul on supplication to the Lord :D

But if any of y'all (Sisters) are having trouble applying, just let the one of the Sister Moderators know and Insha'Allaah they will sort it :D But same goes for them, they may also be winding down for the blessed month :D

Plus... Patience is a virtue :) Isn't that the truth, eh, Sister marina-hadeya??? ;D

:salamext:

Muslim Woman
07-28-2012, 02:52 AM

normally it takes time to get 'entry Visa' for this section. Have patience sis . Allah loves those who show patience :statisfie

MuslimahBarb
07-28-2012, 03:18 AM
ah ok...must be something with my computer. I get the message the entries are closed for clean up and only my own threads there are displayed.

glo
07-28-2012, 04:54 AM
I thought the sisters section had been closed for a clear-up for quite a while ...
Perhaps I got that wrong.

Marina-Aisha
07-28-2012, 09:11 AM
sersiously wait longer then 4 months?are u serious?sure i know i can have alittle in patient but its been a long time

Insaanah
07-28-2012, 10:07 PM
:sl: sisters,

Nobody has been accepted into the sisters section for quite some time now (many months), due to important but unavoidable reasons, hence the delay, which is why entries were closed, and for a clean up. Apart from this, the sister moderators in charge of the sisters section have sometimes due to other reasons not been able to work on things as much as they would have liked. They are away for Ramadan, and it will still be quite some time after Ramadan before anything gets dealt with. I can't put a timescale on things, but it will definitely not be in the period immediately after Ramadan, and there will still be a wait. I appreciate you have waited some time already, but please bear with them and thank you in advance for your continued patience and understanding. Please remember them in your duas.

I apologise for this delay and all affected sisters please note that it's nothing personal but just that there are unavoidable reasons for the delay, which is affecting all applicants, not just any one person.

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Marina-Aisha
07-28-2012, 10:21 PM
thanx for the update..i guess more waiting hahaha no problem sis

joyous fairy
10-16-2012, 07:04 PM
What is up with the sisters section?

I'm a bit confused because I can't seem to reply to any threads in the advice section because I am not a member of the sisters :hmm: I applied months ago.

glo
10-16-2012, 07:07 PM
The sisters section has been closed for quite some time now, fairy. I don't know why.

joyous fairy
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM
^ thanks :)

The rules about posting in the advice section should be changed then, imo.

glo
10-16-2012, 07:43 PM
^
I suggest that you post to the mods in the helpdesk section and make your case there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!