/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Android mobile app to find mosques

FindMeAMosque
03-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Asalama alaikum.,

I have written an app that runs on Android phones which allows you to find the nearest mosques, either to your current location using your phones GPS, or you can enter an address or city name etc and it'll give you the nearest masjids to that location. It'll even show you on a map and give you driving directions to the masjid.

Currently has masjids in the UK, USA and Canada.

Here is a link the to app on the Official Android Market. It's free and I did it in my spare time.
(oops, seems I can't add links since I'm new on the forum; you can click on my username on the left and click 'Visit Homepage' to take you to the official Android Market link)
or from your andoid phone, search for Find Me A Mosque
play.google. com/store/apps/details?id=com.soheb.findmeamosque

I hope you like it and leave positive feedback.

Mod's/Admin, I hope I'm allowed to post this, if not please let me know and I can remove it.

Also if anyone has mosque data for other countries that is free to use, please let me know so that I can include other countries too.

Kind Regards
Shazad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!