/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fasting query

anonymous
03-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Salaam. I'm fasting today and after I closed my fast I noticed some white stuff at the top of the edges of my teeth. Now I saw this but didn't bother removing it. If you swallow this does it break ur fast

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-12-2012, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam. I'm fasting today and after I closed my fast I noticed some white stuff at the top of the edges of my teeth. Now I saw this but didn't bother removing it. If you swallow this does it break your fast

Rulings of Fasting - http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?id=303

It's important to keep the teeth clean as poor oral hygiene leads to bad breath, tooth decay, gum disease, and even cardiovascular disease. No wonder Islam has placed great emphasis on oral hygiene.

The Prophet sallahu alayhi wa sallam said,
"IF IT WERE NOT TOO MUCH A BURDEN ON THE BELIEVERS, I WOULD PRESCRIBE THAT THEY USE THE SIWAK BEFORE EACH PRAYER".

Abu Umamah (Radhi Allahu anhu) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
"Use the Miswaak, for verily, it purifies the mouth, and it is a Pleasure for the Lord. Jib-ra-eel (Alayhis-Sallam.) exhorted me so much to use the Miswaak that I feared that its use would be decreed obligatory upon me and upon my Ummah. If I did not fear imposing hardship on my Ummah I would have made its use obligatory upon my people. Verily, I use the Miswaak so much that I fear the front part of my mouth being peeled (by constant and abundant brushing with the Miswaak)." [IBN MAJAH]

Advantages of the Miswaak:

1. Miswaak strengthens the gums and prevents tooth decay.
2. Miswaak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further increase of decay which has already set in.
3. Miswaak creates a fragrance in the mouth.
4. Miswaak is a cure for illness.
5. Miswaak eliminates bad odors and improves the sense of taste.
6. Miswaak sharpens the memory.
7. Miswaak is a cure for headaches.
8. Miswaak creates lustre (noor) on the face of the one who continually uses it.
9. Miswaak causes the teeth to glow.
10. Miswaak strengthens the eyesight.
11. Miswaak assists in digestion.
12. Miswaak clears the voice.
13. The greatest benefit of using miswaak is gaining the pleasure of Allah.
14. The reward of Salaah (Prayers) is multiplied 70 times if Miswaak was used before it.

Times when usage of Miswaak is Sunnah:
1. For the recitation of the Qur'an.
2. For the recitation of Hadith.
3. When the mouth emits and odor.
4. For the learning or teaching of virtues of Islaam.
5. For making Dhikrullah (Remembrance of Allah, meditation).
6. After entering ones home.
7. Before entering any good gathering.
8. When experiencing pangs of hunger and thirst.
9. After the signs of death are evident.
10. At the time of Sehri.
11. Before meals.
12. Before undertaking a journey.
13. On returning from a journey.
14. Before sleeping.
15. Upon awakening.

Ahadith indicate that the Miswaak was the "Sunnah" or practice of all the Ambiyaa (Prophets of Allah)—Peace be upon them.Hazrat Abu Ayyub (Radhi Allahu 'Anhu) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Four things are amongst the practices of the Ambiyaa —circumcision, application of Itr (perfume), Miswaak and Nikah (marriage)." [AHMAD AND TIRMIdhi]

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/foru....asp?TID=11612

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!