/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When did you realise that Islam was the truth?

Ramadan90
03-10-2012, 12:15 PM
ASA,

We all had our moments when we questioned ourselves why we followed Islam(I believe?), we thought that Islam had too many restrictions and rules when we were younger but we did not realise that this is only good for us.

Today I am 20(21 this year) and last year when I turned 20, my life felt so empty. I had everything that I aspired for and worked very hard for it, I got into med.school, got the body I wanted, good relationship with my family, few friends that I could trust and still there was always something that I missed. That was when I started to question myself what the purpose of life was and why I felt so empty despite the success I had for myself. Luckily, I was not attracted to clubs, alcohol, weed and those kind of stuff, I was never into those kind of things because of my introvert personality.

Anyway, I started to look for the purpose of life and wanted to learn about all kind of religion. I started with the religion I was born in, Islam. It filled the void in my life and I am so happy today and content. Alhamdulilah.

Just because you are born into Islam does not mean that you are born with Iman. That is something that I have also learned.

Please share your experience.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
User29123
03-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I have not.. maybe someone can convince me, I always get this religion feeling if they are true or not..

Ramadan90
03-11-2012, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
I have not.. maybe someone can convince me, I always get this religion feeling if they are true or not..
Dont you feel "this feeling" which I would describe it as a contentment/happiness feeling when you pray salah, reading quran or doing dikr? It was this way I realised that Islam was the truth. And there are many other things that made me realise that this is the truth.

TrueStranger
03-11-2012, 12:56 AM
I never questioned Islam, as much as I've questioned myself. I grew up in war ravaged city, so depending on people was out of the equation before I reached the age of six. Maybe it was because I saw the weakness and fragility of humans, including those I looked up to and that allowed me to be dependent on God. It 's really difficult to explain, but gratitude does inspire a sense of taqwa. I think that in the course of our lives, life puts as in a situation where we have to do something solely for God's sake, even thou, you really do not want to or have difficulty doing so. The idea is to realize that Islam is a package that is essential in this life and the hereafter. The procedure is not completely easy, but afterward, you just know that Islam is the TRUTH. Alhamduillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KDhieb
03-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Allah has provided us with countless things to show us the Islam is the right religion. It is just up to us to do our part. After living in the western world, I was exposed to seeing people live their life so blindly, seeking such foul things and making even more foul things their priorities. Seeing how corrupt and how filthy some individuals are certainly brought me closer and made me realize that without a doubt, just like I can state the sky is blue, Islam is the right religion.

serena77
03-11-2012, 02:04 AM
I"m still a fairly recent revert... and while i took my time... maybe too much, and read, and studied etc.. I was sure islam was the true path long before i was sure I was worthy to follow it.
Serena

جوري
03-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Post 911 I did alot of study since I wasn't practicing before hand and then Allah swt did the rest...

transition?
03-11-2012, 04:45 AM
I really don't remember how I started except by the grace of Allah (swt). SubhanAllah. I was always a very sad child because I was very idealistic. I sought perfection and purity and alhamdullilah, while the world and its people did not rise to those standards, Islam did.

MariamMababaya
03-11-2012, 05:37 AM
We all know that Islam is the only true religion from the Only True King and God Allah. It is the only religion that makes sense.

Islam is all about worshiping only One God, not:
worshiping three gods or one god in 'three', or many gods, or a god with many limbs or heads etc.
nor worshiping Shaytan who is in actuality your enemy who wants you to abide in Hell with him.

User29123
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't question Islam I question religion in General, I have this feeling sometimes, about if religion is real or a myth, but then something keeps me from changing my mind and saying religion is got to be true..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!