/* */

PDA

View Full Version : tafsir surah Al Baqarah

ILuvAllah
03-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I was reading the tafsir of Surah Al Baqarah by Ibn Kathir. There I found a hadith which says that the Prophet (pbuh) said, "Do not argue nor affirm with the people of the book when they narrate to you." So when they claim Jesus(pbuh) was crucified, that he was son of God and the whole trinity thing, then shouldnt we speak out about it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I think that hadith is about stories related by the people of the book that are not against the Islamic teachings nor have theybeen approved by some verse of the Quran or hadith of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم . as for stories that are against the Quran, you don't accept them. The Quran clearly states that Prophet Jesus was neither killed nor crucified and that he was neither God nor the son of God so you have to believe the islamic teachings about Jesus عليه السلام and when you get a chance, to preach with wisdom to the people of the Book about this. you can show them the story of Prophet Jesus in Surah Maryam and Surah Ali Imran, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!