/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Our food

Sunnie Ameena
03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I know this may sound like a silly question, but are we suppose to say grace for our food before we eat it. As a Christian I said thanks to God for my food, and asked for it to be blessed. As a Muslim, do we do the same thing? Sunnie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Predator
03-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Recite: Before meals
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ وَعَلَى بَرَكَةِ اللَّهِ
In the name of Allah and with the blessings of Allah I begin (eating)".
On forgetting to recite Bismillah at the beginning, recite:
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ أَوَّلِهِ وَآخِرِهِ
"In the name of Allah in the beginning and end".
After Meals
Recite:
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي أَطْعَمَنَا وَسَقَانَا وَجَعَلَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
"All praise belongs to Allah, who fed us and quenched our thirst and made us Muslims".

Sunnie Ameena
03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Thank you so much Predator.

real islam
03-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Jajak Allah.
For the reminder.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DiscoverIslamUK
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
But remember buying halal helps Muslim businesses and at these current times we all need to do our bit to help each other.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!