/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the house

KDhieb
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM
:sl:

Recently over the span of the past couple of months, I literally find myself homesick whenever I leave the house.. for whatever reason it may be; going to class, the grocery store, visiting a friend.. Within a little while of leaving, I find myself anxious to return home ..

Do any of you experience this as well ?

(P.s. I am not complaining, I rather prefer this way of being as opposed to my previous lifestyle)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah sis,

Did something happen to trigger this anxiety? It might have been a long time ago? Or are you more aware of the possible dangers than before, and that's making you anxious?

There is a dua you can read before you step out. Insha Allah you will remain safe until your return home.

What to say when leaving the home

"بِسْمِ اللهِ، تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللهِ، وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ".

16. Bismillaahi, tawakkaltu 'alallaahi, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata ‘ illaa billaah.

In the Name of Allah, I have placed my trust in Allah, there is no might and no power except by Allah.
Reference: Abu Dawud 4/325, At-Tirmithi 5/490. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/151

"الَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَضِلَّ، أّوْ أُضَلَّ، أَوْ أَزِلَّ، أَوْ أُزَلَّ، أَوْ أَظْلِمَ، أَوْ أُظْلَمَ، أَوْ أَجْهَلَ، أَوْ يُجْهَلَ عَلَيَّ".

17. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika 'an 'adhilla, 'aw 'udhalla, 'aw 'azilla, 'aw 'uzalla, 'aw 'adhlima, 'aw 'udhlama, 'aw 'ajhala 'aw yujhala 'alayya.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I misguide others , or I am misguided by others , lest I cause others to err or I am caused to err , lest I abuse others or be abused, and lest I behave foolishly or meet with the foolishness of others.
Reference: Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasa'i, At-Tirmithi. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/152 and Sahih Ibn Majah 2/336

And when you return, make this dua before entering the home insha Allah:

What to say when entering the home

"بِسْمِ اللهِ وَلَجْنَا، وَ بِسْمِ اللهِ خَرَجْنَا، وَعَلَى رَبِّنَا تَوَكَّلْنَا".

18. Bismillaahi walajnaa, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa, wa 'alaaRabblnaa tawakkalnaa

In the Name of Allah we enter , in the Name of Allah we leave , and upon our Lord we depend [then say As-Salaamu 'Alaykum to those present].

Reference: Abu Dawud 4/325. Muslim {Hadith no. 2018) says that one should mention the Name of Allah when entering the home and when beginning to eat; and that the devil, hearing this, says: "There is no shelter for us here tonight and no food."

For more duas from the Quran & Sunnah go to: http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/

Salahudeen
03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Did you stay in the house for a really long time without going out? What you described happens to me when I spend a lot of time at home, to get out of this mode I have to go out more often and not sit at home. There's a name for this disorder I think when a person feels afraid to leave the house. Try going out more even if its just to the masjid the change of environment will get you used to going out more. You have a really good place to go when you go out, the masjid you can spend as much time there as you want and do good things.

KDhieb
03-16-2012, 04:55 AM
jazak Allahu Khairan sister! very much appreciated

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!