/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missing asar prayer

anonymous
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Assalam-o-alaikum
I miss my Asar prayer on week days because I've to go attend my classes and I'm unable to offer it because when I reach home it's time for Maghrib prayer. So I just wanted to ask what can I do about it? Can I offer it alongwith Zuhr prayer when I'm certain that I'll not be able to perform it on time. Please help me. Jazak Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
03-14-2012, 10:28 AM
:sl:
u will do it even its near to magrib.
Allah SWT knows the best.

Hamza Asadullah
03-19-2012, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalam-o-alaikum
I miss my Asar prayer on week days because I've to go attend my classes and I'm unable to offer it because when I reach home it's time for Maghrib prayer. So I just wanted to ask what can I do about it? Can I offer it alongwith Zuhr prayer when I'm certain that I'll not be able to perform it on time. Please help me. Jazak Allah.
:sl:

Asr prayer is one of the most important prayers of the day:

Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Whoever misses the ‘Asr prayer (intentionally), then it is as if he lost his family and property.”
(Volume 1, Book 10, Number 527)

Narrated Abu Al-Mahh:

We were with Buraida in a battle on a cloudy day and he said, “Offer the ‘Asr prayer early as the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Whoever leaves the ‘Asr prayer, all his (good) deeds will be annulled.” (Volume 1, Book 10, Number 528)

Allah says in the Qur'an regarding the importance of Asr prayer: “Guard strictly (five obligatory) As-Salawat (the prayers) especially the middle Salat (i.e. the best prayer – ‘Asr).” [Al-Baqarah: 238]

So there is no doubt of the special importance of the Asr prayer as it is the prayer that may often be neglected as it is in the middle of the day, but in fact it is one of the most rewarding and important prayers. So special emphasis needs to be put into making sure that this prayer is not missed.

You have two options:

1. Inform the teacher that you are going to be 4 or 5 minutes as you have to do your prayer. No teacher, manager or supervisor should stop us from establishing prayer.

2. Just as people go to the toilet even if they are in class and take around 5 minutes anyway, you can go and do the prayer which will take the sae amount of time. So you can just walk out and go and quickly do your prayer.

The prayer can be done anywhere where there is no visible dirt or impuritys. If there is no allocated place for prayers which there should be nowadays seeing as there are more and more Muslim students in schools then Just go and do it in the corner of the corridor or near a stair case or empty classroom. Anywhere there is sufficient place to do sajda (prostration). If you have time after class then you can pray the Asr somewhere after the class before leaving for home. In any case it all comes down to making a little bit of effort. If one makes the effort then one can find ny place to pray regardless of what they are doing whether they are at work or school.

Remember just like food, drink, work and school is necessery then so is the 5 times prayer and there is no excuse for us to miss it.

May Allah enable us to realise the importance of ourpayers and help us to establish our prayers regardless of where we are and what were doing. Ameen

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Akhi/uktee..can you not ask permission from your teacher during class to let you pray? Salaah only takes around 5+ minutes, so they should allow you..do they not allow you permission to use the restroom? if they do, then they should allow you for prayer..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!