/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

White Rose
03-14-2012, 01:27 PM
It annoys me when my mother tells me to just make friends out of no where by just going out. I tell her that it is ok because I don't feel like making friends out there who have no guidance. Also, most friends you find here just text in front of you when you are talking to them. I do have friends but they are not the type of friends that would care about you. Isn't it true that Allah SWT is the best of the friends? But if I said that, she would think I am crazy. I notice this problem starts when I complain about something. imsad

What should I do in this situation? imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Assalamualaikum

Many parents worry if their children just stay at home without ever hanging out with friends, because the parents are aware, in the future their children should live a life in society. If their child does not have the ability to socialize, so their children would be excluded from society, even the most likely not going to get a life partner. That is why many parents encourage their children to socialize with fellow friends.

Young sisters, there are two things I think need to be 'repaired' from your view on friend.

First, you said you don't feel like making friends out there who have no guidance. Yes, there are many youth who have no guidance. But all of them?. Of course not. So, do not generalize.

Second, you said your friends are not the type of friends that would care about you. young sister, no one would care about you if you do not care about someone else. No wonder if your friends just text when you were talking to them. Those who avoids socialization usually have a low sense of caring.

Try to build sense of caring by participating in social activities. This will raise your sense of caring for others, and in turn, other people will care about you.

White Rose
03-15-2012, 03:33 PM
^Thanks for your reply brother.
It's just that I am busy with studies so I don't get time to go out and meet new people. Plus it is really hard to find people who are the right kind.
Also, its not that I try to avoid my friends. For some reason, I am mostly initiating the conversation.

ardianto
03-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Your welcome.

Sorry if my advice heard like I accuse you as anti-social. But I felt something wrong after I read your friends just text when you are talking to them. I just try to help you become a person who will is no ignored again.

Young sister, you are busy with your study. But why don't you invite your school mates to study at home after school hour?. You can do it at your home, or in your friend's home. This is a good activity that suggested by teachers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!