/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can a Muslim tell another Muslim they won't enter paradise?

wildatheart
03-14-2012, 10:57 PM
When I was 13/14 years I used to attend mosque but I sorta was a "rebel" in that I always use to mess about and be disrespectful to the lady that teached us (answering back and stuff) ,I also used to start fights with girls and be rude.The mosque lady called her husband who is an imam to have chat with me and he was sweet to me and telling me I should behave.I carried on messing about so she told the imaam to have talk with me again and this time he was really angry he said something along the lines of "a type of girl like this could not go to jannah".

These words have haunted me ever since especially because he was an imam.Does this mean he cursed me and I won't go heaven? This really upset me and got me worried that an imam said that about me.It made me think I'm not a good person and maybe I will go to hell especially coming out of an imam's mouth.So I have asked Allah for forgiveness because I know it is wrong and a major sin to misbehave in a mosque and I feel really bad for it.

BTW I am not that bad.I have never drank alcohol, I don't smoke,never been clubbing,I've never had a boyfriend, I wear a headscarf and dress modestly.I live in the UK where its easier to get into these things.The only problem is that I need to learn to control my tongue and I lie quite a lot.

I feel like an awful person and a bad Muslim and wondering if his words had any truth in it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
:sl:

He obviously was very upset and angry at you for making a living hell for his wife, but in reality only ALLAH knows your fate in the hereafter. I think personally you should let it go.

Allah knows best

TrueStranger
03-15-2012, 12:28 AM
I think he was really upset if he actually said that to a young teenager. Don't take it to the heart sis. He might be an imam, but he is not prefect either.

Specific statements referring to people by name, stating that a particular person will be in Paradise or in Hell. This is not permissible except in cases where Allaah or His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have informed us of it.

Snowflake
03-15-2012, 12:34 AM
:sl: sis,

Only Allah decides who goes to Hell. And no harm can befall a person except by the will of Allah. The imam did not curse you sister. He said that people with the type of behavior you'd been displaying cannot go to jannah. While that is not strictly true, it is sinful to cause pain and harm to others for no reason, and does indeed make Allah angry with a person. And if a person continues with this behaviour and doesn't repent and make amends, then there's a chance they may not be entered into Jannah because of it. This was bascially the message the iman was giving you albeit angrily. But he doesn't have knowledge of the unseen. Nor does he have power to decide your fate. Only Allah does.

If you can, ask for the forgiveness of the people concerned, and make tawbah. Al hamdulillah, Allah is All Forgiving and Kind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!