/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question - Istikhara Prayer

biz
03-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Salam. I have many decision i want and need to make and i dont know how it is going to end or if it is good for me. So i decided to make istikhara prayer.

My question is can i make 2 rakah istikhara and then pray for all my decision or do i need to make 2 rakah for each decision?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Good question...

anyone know? I will ask someone and get back inshaaAllaah.

Or it is better you ask a Scholar or student of knowledge you trust, just incase you get mixed opinions and get confused....

biz
03-19-2012, 08:23 AM
i will inshaAllah :)

Signor
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Bro,Ask this to Imam of mosque in your locality

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nidayaqoob1230
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
thank you its really important question, thanks to turn our attentions to this issue, i will ask now must

fahim kamran
04-26-2012, 04:10 AM
The istikhara prayer may be made for a specific matter or be made for a general seeking of all that is best. Some scholars, including Imam Abd al-Wahhab al-Sha`rani and Ibn `Arafah before him saw this kind of istikhara prayer as being superior. Others, including Shaykh Ibn al-Arabi, recommended performing a general istikhara prayer for all that is good every day, ideally at the time of the Duha prayer (after sunrise).

Imam al-Nawawi mentioned that before the istikhara prayer, one should seek advice (istishara) from those whose knowledge, wisdom, and concern one is confident. Ibn Hajar al-Haytami and others mentioned that one of the benefits of this is to further distance oneself from the desires of one's own egotistic inclinations.
It is recommended to open the dua of istikhara [below], with praise of Allah and sending blessings on the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace), and to close it in this manner, too.
Like other duas, it is recommended that one face the qibla.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!