/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Make Bradford 'British'

Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Salaam

I searched for this topic but didnt find anything...sorry if i opened a duplicate thread. But I think its a good one to talk about [even though it is slightly old news now]

This programme was to promote integration, but as Muslims we remain Muslims no matter where we go. We do not integrate, rather we encourage others to integrate into Islaam.
And anyway, no one in the programme [or elsewhere] actually defined what it means to be british.... so what exactly are we mean to integrate to?

Check this video out for a brief feedback, forward if you find it beneficial:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV-tjZjGYJU&list=UU5F8uVYleswpdRzYf5S3i6g&index=1&fea ture=plcp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
03-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Salaam,

I hate Bradford. Ugh so cold.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-18-2012, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

I hate Bradford. Ugh so cold.
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

England is cold :/

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu.Yusuf
so what exactly are we mean to integrate to?
To get along with each other as fellow human beings. First priority should be recognizing that were all humans we all have differences and will always. To submit all to the will of Allaah SWT together, if we did that inshaa'Allaah we'd all be united. What I mean by this is that as muslims if we continued to implement the sunnah of RasoolAllaah Sallaahu 'alaayhi wa salam, we'd be fine inshaa'Allaah.

CosmicPathos
03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
UK is cold, and kinda sucks. You guys have weird heaters, my feet were consistently frozen no matter how much heating was turned on! Heck even the sink is weird, hot and cold water have different taps ... what if you wanna wash your face? you have to collect water in bucket ... so with one hand I'd sprinkle cold water onto my face and with other the hot water ... ya great.
i dont feel like integrating into such a place

*end of rant*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
lol what is this thread turning into

format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
To get along with each other as fellow human beings. First priority should be recognizing that were all humans we all have differences and will always. To submit all to the will of Allaah SWT together, if we did that inshaa'Allaah we'd all be united. What I mean by this is that as muslims if we continued to implement the sunnah of RasoolAllaah Sallaahu 'alaayhi wa salam, we'd be fine inshaa'Allaah.
It was actually a rhetorical question, but alhamdulillaah your comments are right.We would all be united if we submit to Allaah and follow the sunnah - the brother in the vid did mention that if everyone submits to Allaah then there would be peace and harmony on earth.

What the Disbelievers in Britain fail to do is define what it means to be british and what its core values are...hence its a bit absurd to ask someone to integrate before explaining what they want us to integrate to...

CosmicPathos
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
just spicing things up bro :D

nah, i loved the architecture in Oxford.

Scimitar
03-18-2012, 09:07 PM
it's better in cambridge...

Scimi

CosmicPathos
03-18-2012, 09:10 PM
can you do punting in cambridge? naaah ....

Scimitar
03-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Yes you can... Oxford and Cambridge have the punt-off once a year :)

Scimi

CosmicPathos
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
daim, didnt know that. only thought it was in oxford.

Scimitar
03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Oxford and Cambridge, lovely architecture - though I liked Cambridge more. And the jacket potatoes in the market square were the best I ever tasted. YUM nom nom nom. :p

Scimi

EDIT: They wanna make Bradford British.... I say we make Ox-Birdge, Muslim :D

Scimitar
07-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Remember Rashid from Make Bradford British?

Check out what he's been up to:

...:D what a guy :) Masha-Allah

Scimi

EDIT: found this one too:

aadil77
07-07-2012, 11:35 PM
don't know why he trimmed up, hope it wasn't because of 'integration'

Scimitar
07-07-2012, 11:37 PM
maybe it was just itching :) it did look better, longer though.

Abz2000
07-08-2012, 01:34 AM
I quite liked Bradford for the few weeks I stayed there,
You can hear the adhan on loudspeakers echoing from all the mosques, and I found the youth - even the misguided ones - had a deep respect for Islam.

Islam is a way of life that fits in with the good aspects of any local culture, the Muslims do almost all the things that are done in the local cultures where they move to or accept Islam - minus the decadent practices that may be pushed on the people.
What I think they mean by "integrate" is becoming sodomites and transvestites and things, and their women getting drunk and getting on her knees before some drunk savage in a pub toilet.
And of course, to take any new decadent fad the mass media pushes at them as fashionable and a must in order to be accepted.
And of course, obey politicians as gods.

Prophet Lut (as) was the type of person who refused to integrate, a badge of honour when they say that actually,
Shows we must be doing something right in Allah's sight.

And their purpose was to tempt thee away from that which We had revealed unto thee, to substitute in our name something quite different; (in that case), behold! they would certainly have made thee (their) friend!

And had We not given thee strength, thou wouldst nearly have inclined to them a little.

In that case We should have made thee taste an equal portion (of punishment) in this life, and an equal portion in death: and moreover thou wouldst have found none to help thee against Us!
Quran 17:73-75

Ali137
07-14-2012, 06:02 PM
very intersting topic and as muslims we should intergrate but on a islamic level.

Eric H
07-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Abu.Yusuf;

I know a lady in her seventies who lived in Bradford, and sadly she felt intimidated, by the Muslim youth living nearby.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith understanding.

Eric

GuestFellow
07-15-2012, 04:51 PM
^ I think it is normal for people to be afraid of youths in groups, especially if they are loud.

Personally I'm sick of youths hanging around in groups, being very loud and causing a disturbance. ----

جوري
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
^ I second that..I was in the park a few days ago and a bunch of vile teenagers started harassing an elderly man walking his dog- They were loud and obnoxious and headed for the playground but the park security stopped them.
I can't stand teenagers vile nasty stinking things that they're! :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!