/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help my friend is possessed !

ILuvAllah
03-18-2012, 11:45 PM
My freind who is a very pious Catholic Christian is being disturbed by evil jinn. She said she cant sleep at night. I gave her a Quran couple of weeks back but she said she is having hard time to recite the Bible or the Quran. She told me has become so weak that she cant find the strength to even touch the Divine scriptures. She wants to try Muslim prayer to get rid of those evil jinn cause she strongly believes that Muslim prayer is very powerful. I dont know how to help her. She cant read Arabic that I'd tell her to recite the ruqyah on herself but I have an english book on jinn and exorcism which has the ruqyah in English. So, I was wondering I'd tell her to read from that. does this sound good? what do you think? please advice me what can I do to help her?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-18-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...e-solomon.html

جوري
03-18-2012, 11:50 PM
16:100 His authority is over those only, who take him as patron and who join partners with Allah.

She should become Muslim first no?

:w:

ILuvAllah
03-19-2012, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll

I think she has the potential to become Muslim but I want her to accept it first rather than me telling her to become Muslim otherwise she might think I am trying to make her Muslim. Maybe she would become Muslim someday soon InshAllah coz she has interest in Islam but now she is too sick to think about it. she has to be healed first.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-19-2012, 01:46 AM
but her state of kuffr is what is causing her sickness so how will she get better first save for getting out of the state of kuffr to a state of iman for surely Jinn and devils have no sovereign over believers..
Also has she seen a psychiatrist? I'd rule out a medical cause first and when they can't find anything wrong would I move in that direction of ruqya..

ILuvAllah
03-19-2012, 01:49 AM
but her state of kuffr is what is causing her sickness so how will she get better first save for getting out of the state of kuffr to a state of iman for surely Jinn and devils have no soverign over believers..
Also has she seen a psychaitrist? I'd rule out a medical cause first and when they can't find anythin wrong would I move in that direction of ruqya..

Yes she has both psychiatrist and priest. she was in mental hospital for 3 months. anyway, so how should I approach her to accept Islam?

جوري
03-19-2012, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iluv♥Allah
Yes she has both psychiatrist and priest. she was in mental hospital for 3 months. anyway, so how should I approach her to accept Islam?
Well, I think you should ask her if she's serious about a cure? and if you had something that would sure rid her of her malady if she'd fully submit to it and then I'd get a real scholar if she accepts not a quack and not a pretend for money person so I don't know where you'd find such a person..

and Allah swt knows best,

CosmicPathos
03-19-2012, 02:46 AM
well we cant say she is possessed. If she has a psychiatrist and if she is hearing voices then she probably has schizo or other psychosis. How can you say she is possessed, espcially when we dont know what has the pschiatrist said? Does she take any street drugs? Such as cannabis, LSD?

Though I agree that even if psychiatrist diagnoses her with schizo or other psychosis, it does not rule our jinn possession since a psychiatrist cannot do any diagnostics test to determine if the problem is organic (let me know if we have ways to detect jinns!) or psychiatric.

ILuvAllah
03-19-2012, 02:47 AM

Well, I think you should ask her if she's serious about a cure? and if you had something that would sure rid her of her malady if she'd fully submit to it and then I'd get a real scholar if she accepts not a quack and not a pretend for money person so I don't know where you'd find such a person..

and Allah swt knows best,

Ok I will ask her InshAllah. What if she says 'Am I not allowed to make a Muslim prayer without becoming Muslim?' How should I answer this?

CosmicPathos
03-19-2012, 02:49 AM
how are you sure that she has jinn possession? :S

جوري
03-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Ok I will ask her InshAllah. What if she says 'Am I not allowed to make a Muslim prayer without becoming Muslim?' How should I answer this?
Guess it depends on the intention? I really don't know how to answer that..

جوري
03-19-2012, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
how are you sure that she has jinn possession? :S
She should indeed rule out a medical cause.. however psychiatry was invented as a substitute for religion to explain 'scientifically' some of the more esoteric happenstances that people suffered.. If you really get down to the nitty gritty do you know why someone is schizophrenic or has a Hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucination? Sure they'll measure catecholamines and tell you this dude has too little dopa and that guy has too much dopa but do you know why too little or too much in this particular person is being secreted and even if you say genetics do you know why they have those kinds of genetics.. get down to the last why you'll find out that some of the best scientists were occultists .. Psychiatry is interested in treating the symptomology but it has no explanation for etiology in most cases unless you get into neuropsychitry .. I don't unfortunately have alot of respect for a field that amends its already subjective finds every couple of decades based on lobbying..

CosmicPathos
03-19-2012, 03:25 AM
you are right sister. usually we are told that if there is no organic cause then refer the patient to psychiatry. even psychiatric problems are due to organic causes, its just that we dont know what they are. for example 3rd ventricle is dilated in schizo patients along with atrophy of different areas. so it is very much an "organic" cause but still is referred to a psychiatric problem. Or hearing voices due to high dopa in mesolimbic areas. compared to functional diseases where there is no organic cause at all.

it is very possible that jinn could cause changes in these brain areas. I think a hadith tells us that they flow in human in blood.

and yea, even if psychiatrist gives a diagnosis of an axis I disorder, still does not rule out the fact that jinn could have brought havoc.

جوري
03-19-2012, 03:34 AM
^^ you should read in entirety if you have the time the lecture on Jinn I translated and linked above...
and if you have the time books by David Burns M.D specifically 'when panic attacks' it has nothing to do with jinn but he'll delve a bit into some of the Quackery and pharmaceutical influence on diagnosis and treatment in Psychiatry and the so-called clinical trials and comparative outcome by the NIH which goes unreported..
One day soon with any luck you'll be able to sort through the crap and be one of the lucky few and realize how much this is just a business like any other and that there are no quick fixes and what we've a grip on is far and in between in spite of what the atheists will have you believe..

Abz2000
03-19-2012, 08:32 AM
There is a narration which I recall reading a few years back where the the companions of the messenger of God pbuh were passing through a locality and the people weren't hospitable to them,
When they were resting someone came to tell them that their chief had fallen ill and whether they had any knowledge of what to do, one of the sahabahs (ra), confidently said he could do it but would only do it for a large payment, they agreed and he recited Surat al Fatihah upon him and the kafir wretch was healed,
When they came back and related it to the messenger pbuh, he laughed and asked how he knew it would work, (i don't remember the answer), but the prophet pbuh was pleased and said, save a cut of the bounty for me too.

Will get the actual Hadith and update inshaAllah.

Edit: Endimion got it and posted it on the next page, thanks sis! :)

~Zaria~
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
My freind who is a very pious Catholic Christian is being disturbed by evil jinn. She said she cant sleep at night. I gave her a Quran couple of weeks back but she said she is having hard time to recite the Bible or the Quran. She told me has become so weak that she cant find the strength to even touch the Divine scriptures. She wants to try Muslim prayer to get rid of those evil jinn cause she strongly believes that Muslim prayer is very powerful. I dont know how to help her. She cant read Arabic that I'd tell her to recite the ruqyah on herself but I have an english book on jinn and exorcism which has the ruqyah in English. So, I was wondering I'd tell her to read from that. does this sound good? what do you think? please advice me what can I do to help her?

Assalamu-alaikum sister,

If your friend is showing an interest in Islam and has intentions of reverting, then Alhamdulillah - you should focus on this first.

Giving her a translated copy of the Quraan is a good start.
Perhaps you can also provide her with information about Islam, the prophet (sallahu alaihi wasalam) - either by means of simplified brochures/ booklets, as well as discussing with her the beauty of this deen.
Also mention to her that in Islam, we believe in the world of jinn - and that the cure for this is by means of Quraan and prayer.
However, to be able to use these means, one needs to give up actions that 'attract' jinn to oneself ......engaging in, and the consumption of that which is haraam and harmful to us, for example.

We can try all sorts of ruqyahs, but if the affected person does not solidify his relationship with Allah Taa'la, and distance himself as far as possible from those activities that Shaytaan loves, then this will be to no avail.

With regards to psychiatry:

It is true - the basis for mood/ psychiatric disorders have not been adequately established.
Having said this though, so have many other medical conditions - e.g. autoimmune conditions such as SLE, RA (what causes the body to attack itself? - genetics?, viruses?, ?) - the list is endless.

Yet, despite lacking this knowledge, we are, by the qoedrat of Allah, able to assist these patients - perhaps not in terms of cure, but instead relief.

And in many instances, the same applies in psychiatry.

The person who was initially swinging from the railings and attacking all those who approached him/her - Alhamudlillah, actually do respond to an extent to anti-psychotic agents and mood stabilisers, often without religious intervention being adopted.

As mentioned, we can not exclude jinn as being the cause of a persons psychotic symptoms.

So, in cases such as these, it is worth finding someone who is trusted in this field of jinn - to read for them and see if there is something of this nature affecting the person.
(Often the hardest part is finding someone trustworthy, and who are not engaged in witch-craft themselves. Perhaps contact your local ulama and imams to gain advice on this.)

May Allah reward you for being the means of dawah to your troubled friend, and insha Allah, this trial that she faces, becomes the road that leads her to Islam and shifaa'.
Ameen.

:wa:

Endymion
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
There is a narration which I recall reading a few years back where the the companions of the messenger of God pbuh were passing through a locality and the people weren't hospitable to them,
When they were resting someone came to tell them that their chief had fallen ill and whether they had any knowledge of what to do, one of the sahabahs (ra), confidently said he could do it but would only do it for a large payment, they agreed and he recited Surat al Fatihah upon him and the kafir wretch was healed,
When they came back and related it to the messenger pbuh, he laughed and asked how he knew it would work, (i don't remember the answer), but the prophet pbuh was pleased and said, save a cut of the bounty for me too.

Will get the actual Hadith and update inshaAllah.
Sahih Bukhari Volume 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 632.
Sahih Bukhari Book 71. Medicine

Narrated By Abu Said Al-Khudri : Some of the companions of the Prophet came across a tribe amongst the tribes of the Arabs, and that tribe did not entertain them. While they were in that state, the chief of that tribe was bitten by a snake (or stung by a scorpion). They said, (to the companions of the Prophet), "Have you got any medicine with you or anybody who can treat with Ruqya?" The Prophet's companions said, "You refuse to entertain us, so we will not treat (your chief) unless you pay us for it." So they agreed to pay them a flock of sheep. One of them (the Prophet's companions) started reciting Surat-al-Fatiha and gathering his saliva and spitting it (at the snake-bite). The patient got cured and his people presented the sheep to them, but they said, "We will not take it unless we ask the Prophet (whether it is lawful)." When they asked him, he smiled and said, "How do you know that Surat-al-Fatiha is a Ruqya? Take it (flock of sheep) and assign a share for me."

ILuvAllah
03-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Today I told her that if she wants to do ruqyah she has to think like a Muslim. Then I advised her to talk to the tutor about it because he is also a Muslim. then our tutor told her that she has to become a Muslim if she want to do ruqyah, otherwise it wont work. So she said she will think about it. May Allah guide her to the truth InshAllah.

ILuvAllah
03-19-2012, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum sister,

If your friend is showing an interest in Islam and has intentions of reverting, then Alhamdulillah - you should focus on this first.

Giving her a translated copy of the Quraan is a good start.
Perhaps you can also provide her with information about Islam, the prophet (sallahu alaihi wasalam) - either by means of simplified brochures/ booklets, as well as discussing with her the beauty of this deen.
Also mention to her that in Islam, we believe in the world of jinn - and that the cure for this is by means of Quraan and prayer.
However, to be able to use these means, one needs to give up actions that 'attract' jinn to oneself ......engaging in, and the consumption of that which is haraam and harmful to us, for example.

We can try all sorts of ruqyahs, but if the affected person does not solidify his relationship with Allah Taa'la, and distance himself as far as possible from those activities that Shaytaan loves, then this will be to no avail.

May Allah reward you for being the means of dawah to your troubled friend, and insha Allah, this trial that she faces, becomes the road that leads her to Islam and shifaa'.
Ameen.

:wa:
Yes I always give her dawah. Everytime she comes to visit me in my house I tell her about Islam. She even watched the movie on Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) with me at my house :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!