/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to help someone who thinks they dont believe in Quran

anonymous
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Salam alaikum.
I was very shocked to hear a close family member say she doesnt believe in quran. She was also crying at the time. Shes only a teenager.
How do i help her? Anything i tell her about Islam and the truth of the Quran she says im biased so how should i help her?
JazakAllah khair

I posted this in family forum but i would rather put it here please mods. Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Wa Alaaykum AsSalaam

You should do your best in conveying the message and the rest is for the sister to decide.
Speak to her about Allaah, ask her about her view on a creator, about death etc. Perhaps ask her why she doesn't believe in the Qur'aan, that should be helpful in maybe in understanding, perhaps she has some doubt regards to something that needs being explained. And Allaah knows best.

I hope someone can provide a good response inshaa'Allaah..

Perseveranze
03-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

I am guessing she's hanging around with bad company, something you should find out about.

Otherwise I would suggest you find out what issues she has with Islam and then give her proper dawah. Her being young isn't going to be helpful, especially if she keeps calling you bias. Just as long as you use authentic Islamic quotes from well learned Scholars, you can't be biased, especially when no one would know more about Islam than Islamic scholars would.

As her if she would go to a football player to find information on how to do a surgery.

CosmicPathos
03-19-2012, 07:13 PM
w salam,

how old is she?

was she ever practicing?

how is her family environment like? are father and mother abusive towards her? or at least does she perceive them to be?

what sort of friends she has? is she hanging out with atheists? hedonists? feminists? homosexuals? does she has self-confidence issues? insecurity about her body?

why does she not believe in Quran? Did you tell her if she is also being biased for her disbelief in Quran?

Let us know how it goes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
03-20-2012, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salam alaikum.
I was very shocked to hear a close family member say she doesnt believe in quran. She was also crying at the time. Shes only a teenager.
How do i help her? Anything i tell her about Islam and the truth of the Quran she says im biased so how should i help her?
JazakAllah khair

I posted this in family forum but i would rather put it here please mods. Thanks
:wa:

What are her doubts regarding the Qur'an? What do you think caused her to thnk in such a way?

- Qatada -
03-20-2012, 08:52 AM
:salamext:

Watch Nouman Ali Khan videos on youtube with your cousin :) he shows how the Qur'an is a miracle.

Maybe she'll be convinced by that. You just have to watch with her :) he's a really cool talker for youth too.

ardianto
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Assalamualaikum.

One important thing about Qur'an that not every Muslim knows, and even forgotten, is "Asbabun Nuzul", the event that cause revelation of an ayaah in Qur'an. (Asbabun=the cause of, Nuzul=revelation).

Without know the Asbabun Nuzul, someone could be confused when read an ayaah in Qur'an. I give an example.
"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people." (Al Maidah 51)

I have found question from youth in the west, "is it true Muslims are not allowed to have a friend from Christian or Jew?". This is an example of confusion that caused by read Qur'an but ignore the Asbabun Nuzul. If they know the Asbabun Nuzul behind this ayaah, they would know why Allah ordered Muslims like this. Asbabun Nuzul is the base of Tafseer (interpretation).

One common mistakes among Muslim youth (especially in the West) that I often heard is, they learn Qur'an without teacher, or they learn Qur'an with teacher but hesitate to ask the teacher when they have question about ayaah in Qur'an.

Probably this is the cause that made the OP cousin doubt about Qur'an.

SFatima
03-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Tell her that If she herself was comfortable with this " truth ' of hers, it would never bring tears to her eyes, her own body is defying her words, If it indeed was true( what she believes in ) it would bring her comfort , inner peace and joy, which is so not the case. Comfort her a lot, try to spend more time with her and answer to her queries via scholarly guidance.

May Allah guide her and turn her away from the position of disbelief and bless her with eeman, tel her the same, If she wants true guidance, she has to ask for it herself from Allah swt,sincerely; guidance has to be desired for it to be accepted. And if one's heart is oblivious of asking for guidance, it is quite clear that the person has submitted to the voice of satan inside of them, because he's the only one who did not want to be guided and wants all humanity to disbelieve & disobey as he himself did, why follow an accursed being who's her staunch enemy and leave the way of the guided? console her and find out whats bothering her.

anonymous
03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
w salam,

how old is she? 16

was she ever practicing? She fasts and prays in Ramadan

how is her family environment like? are father and mother abusive towards her? or at least does she perceive them to be? Mother is strict practising muslim since three years father is not practising at all. Father is from Pakistan, typical desi type bollywood fan.

what sort of friends she has? is she hanging out with atheists? hedonists? feminists? homosexuals? does she has self-confidence issues? insecurity about her body? Mostly non muslim friends. Shes very shy but that is probably cos her mum has always been the same.

why does she not believe in Quran? Did you tell her if she is also being biased for her disbelief in Quran? The main thing she pointed out was her friends say why does islam say you have to wear hijab etc (even though she doesnt wear hijab)

Let us know how it goes.

anonymous
03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
BTW This all came out when she was asked why she doesnt pray?

anonymous
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

Watch Nouman Ali Khan videos on youtube with your cousin :) he shows how the Qur'an is a miracle.

Maybe she'll be convinced by that. You just have to watch with her :) he's a really cool talker for youth too.
I love his talks mashaAllah. InshaAllah I will show her. Are there any in particular you can recommend?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!