/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination?

Jalal~
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Anyone know the best way to tackle this problem? I find myself putting off major assignments such as research paper or studying for tests the day before, and it's really bothering me. I simply CANNOT start doing an assignment unless it's absolutely the day before. My friend has given me a pep talk about how I could have the whole weekend off if I had finished my research paper friday, and i was really inspired, but i still didnt start. And now its due tomorrow, and i know i can finish it, but im just angry that i can't do my work ahead of time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
03-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I have the same problem.

Jalal~
06-27-2012, 04:02 AM
bump....I did well on the research paper! But seriously, can someone help??

dysphoricrocker
06-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Get someone, a good, hardworking friend to force you into studying?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Zainab
06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Check out this thread I posted a while ago - "The Five Minute Rule". I hope it will help you.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134312134-five-minute-rule.html

Al-Mufarridun
06-27-2012, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jalal~
bump....I did well on the research paper! But seriously, can someone help??
:sl:

jellybeans
06-27-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't recommend getting a friend to help with assignments because a) it takes longer to get things done and b) you will become dependant on your friend -- this is not good because you will never learn how to manage time.

One strategery that works for me is routine -- without routine I would be doing homwework the entire day! (Even on holidays I have a routine -- so I can complete all my holiday goals because if I don 't I get depressed. )Yes I agree with your friend--if you work on Friday you CAN have the weekend off, so I advise you that you make Friday part of your working routine.

So how exactly do you develope a routine? First write down everything that you have to do in your day
Be flexible, and change times around when you think you need to.Don't forget to include SHORT breaks after every dorty minutes. Before you take your work break you have to conduct a quick progress check e.g. Ask yourself am I getting anywhere with this maths -- if not then come back to that task later. Remember that leaening for tests comes first -- no matter how much work you have, learn for a test first or else you will struggle to study later in the day and get tired.

Did you know that almost every phone created has an amazing feature that comes with it that so many people don't use? It is called... the Calandar! This is such a powerful tool that has helped me a lot! So be sure to make todo notes on your phone and and make sure alarms are turned ON wo your phone will ring everytime you have to move onto the next task.

If you forget about homework tasks yo should get a notebook and use it as a homework diary. At the end of every day you should open yilour homework book, scratch out all completed tasks, and on a seperate piece of paper you should write down each and every task that hasn't been yet completed--then think about when you are going to do these tasks. You should break a project into small tasks that will be completed each day -e.g. today - research, tomorrow - paraphrase, the next day presenatation..etc.

Distractions are dangerous -these are procrastination triggers-- so if you are studyibg, take your sim out of your phone --then you have sall your todos but you won't get calls. When researching try your best to go to a library and get books --although the internet is large and full of useful informatio n --trust me, books save so so so much easier! If you use the internet, then yoh have to discipline yourself and not go on facebook and forums (even this one). If you fall prey to these distractions you are only fooling yourself.

Here is a great homework site I found w w w.soshiku.com (remove spaces by w w w). I made an account but I haven't used it yet --but it looks really useful so you can try it out. It makes sure you see what tasks you have for today, tomorrow and in the week.

Whatever happens,don' t give up -- this is your goal.

"Idleness is the enemy of the soul " To work is to pray " --saint Benedict.

I saw someone on another thread say something like "wasting time is not part of Islam. You will regret not having used your time to do good deeds."

I hope you will really work hard at this, and make it a goal --it is NOT a burden, it is a goal that will help you now and later in life. Think of it as "this goal will help make me a perfect Muslim ".

I wish you all the best. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!