/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you approach anyone?

anonymous
03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
:sl:
=
-
=
-
+
I have this problem talking to girls when I have to call them to salat or talking to them in general. The situation is as follows: 'Should I look at her face when I talk to them or look down to the floor or maybe look at the background' I don't really know the best way. The second situation is as follows: Me:Soo uhhh what's for homework. My mind:*Heart beating fast* *Is she going to reply?* *What if she doesn't?* *Dude you shouldn't have asked her a question!*. Her: Emmm we have homework for Maths on page 42. Me: Thank you! *Legs starting to move harder after talking to her* *Did she just talk to me!!?*. Well this doesn't actually only apply to girls, it also applies to people who have like a high status that asks me to do something or asking the boys that I'm not really friends with to do salat or something but I do say my salam.. sometimes. Could this be related to my self-confidence and self-esteem? I don't know! The reason I posted here is to hope that people who comment on it gain benefit from it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Relax. This is just typical teenage behaviour. You'll grow out of it inshaAllah.

جوري
03-31-2012, 12:07 AM
:lol: Just say :sl: I am so and so.. always start a conversation by introducing yourself and the purpose of your conversation ...

Alpha Dude
03-31-2012, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
:lol: Just say :sl: I am so and so.. always start a conversation by introducing yourself and the purpose of your conversation ...
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...fectively.html :skeleton:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-31-2012, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...fectively.html (How do you introduce yourself effectively?)
:haha: touché--however, you can't put in the same categories a group of surgeons focusing on your achievements for a job with a bunch of giggling teenage girls...

btw that place (which I left on bad terms in feb.) left me with such a bad taste in my mouth I'd rather forget it all together, but I do have enough to blackmail them individually and make a load of money selling stories..

Insaanah
03-31-2012, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I have this problem talking to girls when I have to call them to salat or talking to them in general. The situation is as follows: 'Should I look at her face when I talk to them or look down to the floor or maybe look at the background' I don't really know the best way. The second situation is as follows: Me:Soo uhhh what's for homework. My mind:*Heart beating fast* *Is she going to reply?* *What if she doesn't?* *Dude you shouldn't have asked her a question!*. Her: Emmm we have homework for Maths on page 42. Me: Thank you! *Legs starting to move harder after talking to her* *Did she just talk to me!!?*. Well this doesn't actually only apply to girls, it also applies to people who have like a high status that asks me to do something or asking the boys that I'm not really friends with to do salat or something but I do say my salam.. sometimes. Could this be related to my self-confidence and self-esteem? I don't know! The reason I posted here is to hope that people who comment on it gain benefit from it

To add another perspective, it could be a blessing that you feel like that.

If you are a guy, it's not your job to approach girls to call them to salaat.

If you missed the class and don't know what homework was set, ask one of your friends instead of the girls.

Don't feel that it's a fault, but that it could be keeping you away from approaching bad deeds. Just stick to those boys you feel comfortable with for now, continue saying salaam to those you don't know so well, and ignore the girls unless there's a reason you absolutely have to talk to them. Remember Islamically it's not a fault not to talk to girls, or to feel shy/uncomfortable talking to them, no matter what the norm in society is, so please don't think you have an issue, or that you need to change.

Over time, inshaa'Allah you'll become more confident talking to other boys who you don't know so well at the moment.

May Allah make all good things easy for you, and protect you from all bad, ameen.

aadil77
03-31-2012, 01:53 PM

consider it a blessing cause you're not meant to be talkin to girls anyway, it will save you a lot of trouble in your young years

and you'll grow out of it as you get older

Scimitar
03-31-2012, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Wa alaykum salam,

Relax. This is just typical teenage behaviour. You'll grow out of it inshaAllah.
What he said ^ oh yes, dont forget to say Bismillah.... and don't forget to...breathe

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!