/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Culture and Islam

Revert 2010
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Salaam,

It's been a while since I have posted, I wondered why people may put there culture over their deen. Is it wrong/Haram in Islam to marry someone who is not from the same background. Just wondered what peoples thoughts were. Thanks : )

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

It's not wrong and it's not haram.

Sometimes people prefer marrying someone from their own culture with the goal of there being less chance of conflict arising (due to there being less differences).

On the other hand, some marry from the same culture for a more racist, bigoted reason.

ardianto
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Assalamualaikum

It's not wrong and not haram to marry someone from different background. Also it's not wrong and not haram if we or our children prefer to marry only with people from same background.

But we should not forbid our children to marry their own choices just because their own choices are coming from different background.

'Abd-al Latif
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert 2010
Salaam,

It's been a while since I have posted, I wondered why people may put there culture over their deen. Is it wrong/Haram in Islam to marry someone who is not from the same background. Just wondered what peoples thoughts were. Thanks : )
It's not haram. Sometimes it's not even the culture that prevents interracial marriages, it's just the insecurity of not knowing if the person from a different culture is going to live like a family. Some members of my family have married reverts and at first there was the initial worry if there are going to be cultural clashes, if differences can be put aside etc but in the end its turned out pretty good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!