/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding pressure on water

Al-manar
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
peace

once I was sitting thinking ...a question came to my mind

what if an amount of water was put in something thick made of steel and airtighted and it started moving from all side putting pressure from all sides to the water ,letting no chance for the water to escape...

the question what is going to happen to the water ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
:sl:
its bcm more dense (d=m/v) so by decreasing the volume the density will incerase. but u need very high amount of pressure.

Al-manar
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanx tigerkhan ...

that means as long as the process of pressure (of very thick steel) continue , the water gets more dense ...what will be ultimately happen?

first :what will be the shape of such condensed water?

second: would such condensed water stop the pressing movement (which has the most extereme power imaginable) of such hard steel ?

thanx

Alpha Dude
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
second: would such condensed water stop the pressing movement (which has the most extereme power imaginable) of such hard steel ?,
I believe so, due to Newton's third law?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-manar
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I believe so, due to Newton's third law?
If true,that would be amazing ....

peace

tigerkhan
03-21-2012, 11:19 PM
solids has more density than liquids but water in form of liquid is more dense than ice. when water bcm ice its volumes increses.
so 1 thing is clear u need a huge amount of pressure to make water more dense. the distance btw molecules bcm small bcz of pressure and maybe it adopt the shape like oils, honey etc...but as u remove the pressure, again the molecular movement will increase and that increase the volume resulting in drop of density to its previous value.
the question which will be more powerfull, actually its related to physical properties of materials. we can make water like steel by increasing pressure but if we exert a huge amount of pressure on water, it will be stored in form of energy in it. as we remove the pressure, again it gain its previous form.
the permenant change in properties of material cant be made by physical change (change is Temperature, P, etc) but a chemical change (in which a new molecule is formed).

Al-manar
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM
thanx bro tigerkhan

If we can make water like steel by increasing pressure ,what do you think is going to happen then ? would that water hard as steel stop the other pressing steel? will it be merged inside the steel?

thanx

tigerkhan
03-22-2012, 12:04 PM
bro we cant change the properties of material by physical changes (i.e by changing Pressure). i mean unless there is a chemical reaction (atom+atom=a new moleclue), it not possible that water adopt property of steel.
compression is a difficult and costy process. we need compressor for it. such a huge compression that convert water density equal to steel is not posible.

Al-manar
03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
thanx bro tigerkhan

so we can conclude that the outcome of such idea is not clear exactly unless we do it practically , which is not possible and never done before ....

tigerkhan
03-22-2012, 11:43 PM
i think so..lol

Dagless
03-23-2012, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
thanx bro tigerkhan

If we can make water like steel by increasing pressure ,what do you think is going to happen then ? would that water hard as steel stop the other pressing steel? will it be merged inside the steel?

thanx
I think you're trying to ask what would happen if you kept going indefinitely. You can't do that with steel but if hypothetically you could, I think you'd end up making a black hole (and maybe losing your cool steel compression machine).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!