/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am ugly and unsellable

Perseveranze
03-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Sharing a beautiful hadith post -

There was a man from the desert people whose name was Zahir. He used to bring gifts from the desert to the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم), and in return the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) would provide him with whatever he needed when he went out to fight. The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "Zahir is our man of the desert, and we are his town-dwellers." The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) loved him very much, and he (Zahir) was an ugly man.

One day the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) came to him whilst he was selling some goods. He embraced him from behind. The man could not see him, so he said, "Let me go! Who is this?" Then he turned around and recognized the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم), so he tried to move closer to him once he knew who it was. The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) started to say, "Who will buy this slave?" Zahir said, "O Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم), you will find me unsellable." The Prophet ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "But in the sight of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) you are not unsellable," or he said, "But in the sight of Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) you are valuable."

- Reported by Imam Ahmad from Anas (رضي الله عنه)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Subhanallah,im jealous,how lucky this man was and how Noble and kind our Prophet Muhammad SAW is :statisfie

Thanks for sharing.

Periwinkle18
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM
SubhanAllah beautiful :)

Who Am I?
03-21-2012, 06:20 PM
:sl:

Nice story. There have been times in my own life when I thought that I was ugly and useless, and that nobody would ever want me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Asalaamualaikum. I am going through that right now. This was perfect to keep me focused.

Ramadan90
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Beautiful story.

Marina-Aisha
03-21-2012, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
:sl:

Nice story. There have been times in my own life when I thought that I was ugly and useless, and that nobody would ever want me.
me too.more ulgy then useless to be honest but thats understandable as i was abusive relationship...but in the end i had the courage to leave then i met the love my life and found islam so allah has plan for all of us.

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 07:21 PM
marina28...I have been where you came from.

Marina-Aisha
03-21-2012, 07:23 PM
i guess we have more in common then :p

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
:smile:

~Zaria~
03-21-2012, 07:45 PM
JazakAllah for sharing this Akhi.

You know, its easy to make yourself feel 'inferior', 'unattractive', 'useless'......even when the rest of the world differs on this.

I often feel worse about my life - when I am surrounded by those who seemingly have 'more' in life.
And we feel better and more grateful, when we spend time with those who appear to be tried harder and are facing many more battles than ourselves.

There is a hadith that speaks of always looking at the one who has less than us, not more.......and in this way, we are reminded of just how fortunate we are, to be blessed with all that we have.

No matter what our 'deficiencies' may be - there is still sooo much to be thankful for......

You may not look like a super-model - but does it matter, when you have been blessed with the best gift of all - your imaan?
And in this way, Allah may have protected you from using a physical blessing - as a means that may have led you towards the fire.

Just remember, no matter who you are or what you look like,

"the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you......" (Surat Al-Hujurat)

:wa:

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Zaria...the ugly we deal with is not always our physical appearance. It can be that we feel worthless in other ways. I dont need material things and do not have worries about my physical appearance. I struggle with wanting more knowledge of Islam and feeling inadequate in my learning. I study everyday, but learning from books is not easy for me. I am shy in meeting new people and that makes it hard for a new Shahada to enter the community. I do feel unsellable in that being a mature woman and single, men look for young women to marry

marwen
03-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I love the hadeeth. Jazak Allah Khayr for sharing.

ILuvAllah
03-22-2012, 12:00 AM
oh I love my Prophet (pbuh) very much. :)

ardianto
03-22-2012, 02:31 PM
All of my relatives and friends who called "ugly" now have been married. While some of my relatives and friends who classified as "the average", now still unmarried. So, it's not true if "the ugly" are unsellable.

How could those "ugly" people 'be sold'?. They knew, they had no chance to get someone with their beauty. So, they developed their personality became a person who acceptable by someone who was looking for live-partner.

Also, "the ugly" are not fussy. They do no have high criteria of expected spouse. What they expect just someone who can accept them and treat them well. And they have good ability to accept someone disadvantage.

Different than some of "the average". They have physical beauty that actually better than "the ugly", but they always compare themselves with "the beautiful", and feel jealous. It's makes them lost their confidence, and do not have motivation to develop their personalities.

While some other of "the average" 'price' themselves too high. They assume they can be persons who expected by many people like "the beautiful". It's makes them so picky, and demand high criteria of expected spouse. But they forget, with the same 'price', people will choose the better.

So, are "the ugly" unsellable? or more salable than "the average"?.

:)

Who Am I?
03-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Expect nothing... and then you will never be disappointed. ;D

ardianto
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
Expect nothing... and then you will never be disappointed. ;D
Don't expect anything from someone who loves you. Let her loves you with her own way. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!