/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Home Employee Arrested For Allegedly Molesting A Corpse

جوري
03-22-2012, 05:16 PM
A family has been protesting outside a funeral home in Toledo, Ohio, after they were told a parttime employee sexually assaulted their loved one's corpse. They want the place shut down. "I'm having nightmares about it," her mother, Ann Lemprecht, told WTVG. "I can't imagine someone touching my daughter."
Brenda Shular-Cameron (pictured), a 51-year-old Chrysler employee, who loved horseback riding, camping and anything outdoors, died of multiple organ failure at a hospice in Northwest Ohio earlier this month, reports The Toledo Blade. She was taken to the H.H. Birkenkamp Funeral Home, which has been caring for the deceased for over 150 years.

Soon after, the funeral home manager, Susan Birkencamp, met with Shular-Cameron's two children, Marc Nail and Amber Thebeau-Tunison. She told them their mother's body had been "mistreated," Nail told The Blade, and that another employee had witnessed his coworker Lawrence Clement "fondling" the corpse. If they didn't go to the police, and thus make the incident public record, Birkencamp allegedly said, she would dismiss the $11,000 cost of the funeral services.
Lisa Marshall, a spokeswoman for the funeral home, disagreed with that description of events and said that if the business was interested in covering up the story, it wouldn't have even told the family about the alleged abuse. Marshall wouldn't tell The Blade whether 57-year-old Clement, who is employed part-time and is not a licensed funeral director or embalmer, had regular contact with corpses at the facility.

The funeral home fired Clement, and contacted the Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors, which oversees the state's funeral homes. A police investigation followed.
Clement, who does not appear to have a criminal past, soon gave himself up to authorities, and was arraigned on the federal charge of abusing a corpse. He paid his $50,000 bond, and is now waiting for a grand jury. He should be indicted early this week.
"We can't even bury her now," her mother, Anne Lamprecht, told The Blade. "We can't make funeral arrangements. We don't know if the police will hold her body. She didn't deserve this. None of the family deserved this."

But Shular-Cameron was buried, a week later than planned, at a different Toledo funeral home.
This isn't the first time these charges have besmirched the name of the H.H. Birkenkamp Funeral Home. Twenty-four years ago, two former employees were found guilty of gross abuse of a corpse. One was sentenced to a year in prison, and the other was given limited immunity as part of a plea bargain.
"I want Birkencamp out of business," Ann told WTVG. "This has happened before, and it continues to happen, unless people do something about it. We have to inform the public so that the public knows what's going on."
If the Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors find the charges to be valid, they could revoke the license of the home or its director. They can't discipline Clement himself, because he's unlicensed. But the courts can.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/03...ting-a-corpse/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh why won't they give necrophilia a chance the way they do homosexuality? Maybe in the next 20 yrs or so...

GodIsAll
03-22-2012, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by مهرة
Oh why won't they give necrophilia a chance the way they do homosexuality? Maybe in the next 20 yrs or so...
(stifling gag reflex)

Who Am I?
03-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Only if it is straight necrophilia. Because if you're going to have relations with the dead, at least do it properly.
:hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
03-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Molesting a corpse? Sigh.. May we be protected from such filthy acts..

Muezzin
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't know whether I've ever seen a necrophiliac.

But that guy looks like a necrophiliac if ever I saw one.

Ramadan90
03-22-2012, 06:30 PM

-->

--->

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Salaam,

I doubt it. There is no consent involved for necrophilia. Diseases could be spread too, though I'm not sure.

جوري
03-22-2012, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

I doubt it. There is no consent involved for necrophilia. Diseases could be spread too, though I'm not sure.
is consent the magic word? :haha: yes I forgot.. well what if the deceased consented verbally before would that make it alright? We honor verbal consents in medicine.. Also dead people don't feel harm I mean they're dead so what's the harm? The dead won't worry about contractng an STD I mean what's the worst that can happen? ;)

:w:

Alpha Dude
03-22-2012, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I don't know whether I've ever seen a necrophiliac.

But that guy looks like a necrophiliac if ever I saw one.
;D

Salaam,

They could leave it in their will. 'I bequeath my dead body for my necrophilic lover. He has my consent'.

جوري
03-22-2012, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
;D
There was a really sick dude a couple of years ago who would frequent morgues and do his thing, they finally caught up with him in a major university hospital and took him to the mental institution which I don't get I mean it was his preference...

They could leave it in their will. 'I bequeath my dead body for my necrophilic lover. He has my consent'.
True dat and you know the earliest recorded case that I found related to that was a guy who couldn't let go of his fiance who died of TB.. neither the TB nor the fact that she was a rotting corpse acted as a deterrent.. but I think most necrophiliacs like to sample.. why commit to one dead person?

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Salaam,

Interesting, but I doubt it. Someone that has sex with a corpse could carry many diseases and may spread it to other alive human beings through sex.

is consent the magic word? yes I forgot.. well what if the deceased consented verbally before would that make it alright? We honor verbal consents in medicine.. Also dead people don't feel harm I mean they're dead so what's the harm? The dead won't worry about contractng an STD I mean what's the worst that can happen? ;)
Consent is the magic word. Homosexuals are able to give consent to have sex, otherwise it is rape.

A corpse is unable to give consent, unless they have stated it in their will. Verbal consents are not sufficient here. It must be communicated through a document. Most people would not like people to have sex with their dead body.

The harm is the spread of diseases. If a person has sex with a corpse and then has sex with other people that are not dead, then diseases can spread.

TrueStranger
03-22-2012, 09:12 PM
LOL! The only thing that is keeping this thread sane is all the hilarious posts in it.

The Green River Serial killer used to re-visit his dead victims too. A necrophiliac serial killer. These men are seriously disturbed.

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Salaam,

I can't find this funny at all. It's too disgusting for me.

جوري
03-22-2012, 09:18 PM
A corpse is unable to give consent, unless they have stated it in their will. Verbal consents are not sufficient here. It must be communicated through a document. Most people would not like people to have sex with their dead body.
So if they give consent n their will that would make it ok?

The harm is the spread of diseases. If a person has sex with a corpse and then has sex with other people that are not dead, then diseases can spread.
That works with live humans too but they don't make folks disclose what socially unacceptable diseases they've unless it is one that's reportable to the CDC...
Ask any pathologist and they'll assure you that dead people are far less harmless than live ones so that's not an excuse unfortunately ...

TrueStranger
03-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Salaam,

Interesting, but I doubt it. Someone that has sex with a corpse could carry many diseases and may spread it to other alive human beings through sex.

Consent is the magic word. Homosexuals are able to give consent to have sex, otherwise it is rape.

Come'on you are against necrophilia on the basis that it spreads diseases? So does homosexuality, but I guess the other magic word is "protection".

جوري
03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Come'on you are against necrophilia on the basis that it spreads diseases? So does homosexuality, but I guess the other magic word is "protection".
The dead are far less harmless than the live ones and that's a fact but yeah they can always spring for protection ...

TrueStranger
03-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Salaam,

I can't find this funny at all. It's too disgusting for me.
I just can't envision some perverted dude messing with corpse without laughing. It's beyond disgusting. ;D+o(

TrueStranger
03-22-2012, 09:23 PM
The dead are far less harmless than the live ones and that's a fact but yeah they can always spring for protection ...
Hmm...are you suggesting that necrophilias engage in safer sex than homosexuals?

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Salaam,

Possibly because diseases can spread.

So if they give consent n their will that would make it ok?
From a legal perspective, yes. However, from a medical perspective, diseases can spread, so no.

That works with live humans too but they don't make folks disclose what socially unacceptable diseases they've unless it is one that's reportable to the CDC...

Ask any pathologist and they'll assure you that dead people are far less harmless than live ones
so that's not an excuse unfortunately ...
I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm speculating arguments that could arise for and against necrophilia. The argument for necrophilia is consent. The argument against necrophilia is diseases. Pure speculation on my part. Thought I make that clear before members start to make assumptions.

I'm speaking from a legal perspective, the law based in most western countries. The government does not care what people do in their sexual lives. As long as sex does not result in the spread of new STDs and there is consent involved, I suppose it is legal. People can even harm themselves in sex and this is not illegal, as long as there is consent involved.

Okay.

I just can't envision some perverted dude messing with corpse without laughing. It's beyond disgusting. ;D+o(
Okay...

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Hmm...are you suggesting that necrophilias engage in safer sex than homosexuals?
Salaam,

I doubt it. I mean dead bodies are rotting away and may be full of diseases. Then again, I'm not an expert on these issues, so I could be wrong.

TrueStranger
03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Salaam,

I doubt it. I mean dead bodies are rotting away and may be full of diseases. Then again, I'm not an expert on these issues, so I could be wrong.

The experts on this issue are mainly in straitjackets.

Brother, don't take everything I say on this thread seriously.

جوري
03-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Salaam,
:wa:

Possibly because diseases can spread.
Not really, disease has never deterred anyone from doing anything.

From a legal perspective, yes. However, from a medical perspective, diseases can spread, so no.
Again not really. Most bacterias and viruses and helminths need a live host to thrive so again less likely to contract something from the dead than the living. It is safer in fact.. for even if the critters are still live you're already missing major routes of transmission such as respiratory droplets. They are not breathing at ya are they?
I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm speculating arguments that could arise for and against necrophilia. The argument for necrophilia is consent. The argument against necrophilia is diseases. Pure speculation on my part. Thought I make that clear before members start to make assumptions.
Well like I stated if consent were given prior would that make it OK? I hope I have clarified about the diseases.. It isn't an excuse for the living and certainly not the case with homosexuals who are at higher risk for many more diseases especially anal cancer.

I'm speaking from a legal perspective, the law based in most western countries. The government does not care what people do in their sexual lives. As long as sex does not result in the spread of new STDs and there is consent involved, I suppose it is legal. People can even harm themselves in sex and this is not illegal, as long as there is consent involved.
Who says? and what 'new' STD's are there with the dead that are unbeknown to us?

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
The experts on this issue are mainly in straitjackets.

Brother, don't take everything I say on this thread seriously.
Salaam,

I thought you were serious.

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM

Not really, disease has never deterred anyone from doing anything.

So diseases cannot spread? O_o

Again not really. Most bacterias and viruses and helminths need a live host to thrive so again less likely to contract something from the dead than the living. It is safer in fact.. for even if the critters are still live you're already missing major routes of transmission such as respiratory droplets. They are not breathing at ya are they?
If that is the case, then I suppose it could be legalised if consent is given through some sort of documentation. Again, I doubt this will happen. It is likely most people would be against this.

However, I would like to ask a question. If a person is less likely to contract a disease from something that is dead, does it affect the severity of this disease? By severity, I mean is it life-threatening or does it cause deformities?

Well like I stated if consent were given prior would that make it OK?
It depends.

Personally, I'm against it because Islam prohibits this.

I hope I have clarified about the diseases..
You did. Thanks.

Who says? and what 'new' STD's are there with the dead that are unbeknown to us?
I remember reading something about a person having sex with a monkey and then AIDs were developed. That is why I thought, people having sex with a dead body may result in new diseases. Keep in mind, I'm speculating. What I have said is based on no evidence. Just some guess work. I'm never had an interest in science.

Alpha Dude
03-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Tragic - I just saw your signature. It's ironic in this context:

DOES IT NOT SAY KEEP REFRIGERATED!!!
Possible solution to keep it fresh? :skeleton:

جوري
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Diseases can spread just not as bad with live people.
I am always amused and surprised by the values and agendas pushed I wouldn't be surprised that one day this would become legal. It is just a question of what defines our morality. I never thought 'consent' was enough a reason to legalize something. Else incest too would become legal and in fact I have seen them defending a brother/sister relationship in Germany with 'Who are we to define a family unit'
and in all likelihood it will be more and more normal as sperm donors increase and women see no need for a male to have a family and the males are interested in other males anyway... We should look forward to all sorts of oddities to take place in the near future ..

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Diseases can spread just not as bad with live people.
I'm aware, but some diseases are worse than others? So is it possible for a disease from a dead body to be more dangerous than a disease from a living human being?

I never thought 'consent' was enough a reason to legalize something.
It is. You can have two people that give consent to fight. If one gets injured and tries to sue the other, the claimant will not get damages because the claimant gave consent to the fight.

Two couples can give consent to harm each other in sex. There was actually a case on this and the defendant was not convicted of any offence. They actually burnt each other and carved stuff on each others bodies...

Else incest too would become legal and in fact I have seen them defending a brother/sister relationship in Germany with 'Who are we to define a family unit'
and in all likelihood it will be more and more normal as sperm donors increase and women see no need for a male to have a family and the males are interested in other males anyway... We should look forward to all sorts of oddities to take place in the near future ..
I doubt incest will be legal due to similar genetics resulting in deformed babies. Then again, I heard alcohol and smoking increase the chances of deformed babies.

I agree that the legalisation of homosexuality has opened many doors.

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Tragic - I just saw your signature. It's ironic in this context:

Possible solution to keep it fresh? :skeleton:
Salaam,

LOL

The phrase reminds me of something funny. My cousin sisters got into an explosive argument about peas and I heard one of them scream, DOES IT NOT SAY KEEP REFRIGERATED!!!

جوري
03-22-2012, 10:25 PM

I'm aware, but some diseases are worse than others? So is it possible for a disease from a dead body to be more dangerous than a disease from a living human being?
Hep C is one of the few diseases that will live for a while outside and in dead bodies other than that, the death of the person spells the death of the diseases in most cases. Also some of the major routes of transmission come to a halt as well mainly respiratory droplets and fecal/oral.. Blood is a major form but most dead people get embalmed so the chances of something are low.. However there are cases of mad cow from cadvaric corneal transplants and of course other things like CMV etc can pose a risk in case of organ donation.. I am not aware of anything else.. and if sex with the dead becomes common place maybe new things will happen as the hadith goes and if someone can find it for me. Whenever people commit new crimes never before committed Allah swt plagues them with new diseases.. so you never know I wouldn't rule it out..

It is. You can have two people that give consent to fight. If one gets injured and tries to sue the other, the claimant will not get damages because the claimant gave consent to the fight.
Yeah I saw a woman die in one of those boxing matches she signed up for.. I find that very unfortunate

I doubt incest will be legal due to similar genetics resulting in deformed babies. Then again, I heard alcohol and smoking increase the chances of deformed babies.
there's a slightly higher risk but new diseases can even arise de novo with folks who are world's apart.. I don't know what to tell you other than when men are left to define and redefine morality it will wreak havoc upon all that's in creation.
I agree that the legalisation of homosexuality has opened many doors.
I wouldn't be bothered so much except that it is creeping on children programming the other day I came out of my room to see my niece watching something on one of the children's channels a kid who couldn't be classified as anything but a fruitcake .. and I got really angry and she didn't understand naturally..
but even Illuminati and satanism is made ok through such loveable programs as 'Sponge Bob'

This stuff infuriates you so much more when you've kids at such a tender age exposed to it and having it hammered into their subconscious ..

GuestFellow
03-22-2012, 10:33 PM
^ Salaam,

I just find it disturbing how everything is changing way too fast. It is not what has been changed, but the pace of it. As for children, yes, they should not be taught this kind of stuff. The solution here is home-school, but not practicable for all parents. Overall, having this discussion with you, I would not be surprised if necrophilia is legalised. Hope it does not happen.

tw009
03-23-2012, 12:17 AM
I read a similar news few months back, I did not have a peaceful sleep for days. Astagfirullah!!!!

Bambino
03-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Disgusting +o(

aadil77
03-28-2012, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
Probably will as long as its a consenting adult corpse

Dagless
03-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Great thread. I've lol'd more than once reading it so far :p

The Green River Serial killer used to re-visit his dead victims too. A necrophiliac serial killer. These men are seriously disturbed.

LauraS
04-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Just because most in western countries accept homosexuality doesn't mean we would accept this. Most people accept homosexuality as just the way people are, gay men are more feminine and gay women more masculine- there must be a reason for this somewhere. I, personally find homosexuality very different from necrophilia. One involves a loving relationship between two people, another a one sided attraction to corpses. Why does it have to turn into a dig at the west? Disgusting crimes take place in eastern countries too. People are people at the end of the day, and can be rather strange....^o)

جوري
04-04-2012, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
Just because most in western countries accept homosexuality doesn't mean we would accept this. Most people accept homosexuality as just the way people are, gay men are more feminine and gay women more masculine- there must be a reason for this somewhere. I, personally find homosexuality very different from necrophilia. One involves a loving relationship between two people, another a one sided attraction to corpses. Why does it have to turn into a dig at the west? Disgusting crimes take place in eastern countries too. People are people at the end of the day, and can be rather strange....^o)
Sure people are people at the end of the day, but in the east this is still a crime whereas it is applauded in the west and promoted and meant to be exported overseas.
Gay men are more feminine and the women more masculine? You don't find this an unusual assertion and a 'homophobic' stereotype?

LauraS
04-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Necrophilia isn't applauded. Homosexuality isn't applauded more than just accepted, I know there are events like the gay pride parade. To be honest its not meant as a mean stereotype, its true in a lot of cases, I have a few friends who it is true for. That's why I think there must be a link there somewhere.

جوري
04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
That's more your personal opinion than a fact.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...d-human-rights

as an example of pushing the agenda not merely turning a blind eye to it..

best,

LauraS
04-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Hmm well of course it can't be said all westerners approve of homosexuality and certain areas of America are not exactly shining examples of torelant societies. Although certain cultures don't approve of homosexuality, a death penalty is awful. My gay friends are amongst the nicest people you could meet, they can't force an attraction to women they don't feel.

جوري
04-04-2012, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
Hmm well of course it can't be said all westerners approve of homosexuality and certain areas of America are not exactly shining examples of torelant societies. Although certain cultures don't approve of homosexuality, a death penalty is awful. My gay friends are amongst the nicest people you could meet, they can't force an attraction to women they don't feel.
Tolerance and approval are separate things. Subjects of sexual nature should be kept private. I don't see how anyone would receive the death penalty unless they're committing a lewd act in public and to instigate something.

best,

Cabdullahi
04-04-2012, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
What about omnisexuality?

Any hole every hole even the USB hole

Audhubillah

TrueStranger
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Great thread. I've lol'd more than once reading it so far :p

Ha, I completely forgot about this thread. I was clued to the TV when I heard about the Green River Killer...too close to home. :skeleton:

Who Am I?
04-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Lt. Columbo is a legend.

That is all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!