/* */

PDA

View Full Version : touching

Sunnie Ameena
03-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I am still learning, and I was looking in one of the many books that I have recieved about Islam, and can not find what I am looking for. Is it haram for a Muslim woman to hug her brother-in-law, or her step-son? I may be seeing my step-son soon, and would like to know beforehand. Sunnie Ameena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-21-2012, 01:35 PM
:salamext:

Your brother in law is a non-mahram to you, so YES, it is haraam.

And Allaah Knows best.

dqsunday
05-21-2012, 05:57 PM
If your step-son has not reached puberty you can hug him. If he is over puberty then it is haraam.

Sunnie Ameena
05-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I was sent a message and asked to post it on this thread...

Posted by member X
:sl:
According to my limited knowledge, It is not haram for her to hug her step son (i.e. the biological son of the man she marries) because he follows the same ruling as her own son [see Quran 24:31], he is her mahram, however, if he is a young unmarried man, it may be better if she did not hug or kiss him. A friendly/loving pat on the head would be more advisable and appropriate. And Allaah swt knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
05-22-2012, 08:16 PM
A man from among the Ansaar said, ?O Messenger of Allaah, what do you think about the brother-in-law?? He said, The brother-in-law is death!? (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath al-Baari, 9/330).

tango92
05-22-2012, 11:14 PM
that ayat talks about "revealing adornment" eg wearing the headscarf etc.

it is a much different thing to hug someone - i highly advise against it, my opinion is that it is haram because he is not mahram to you.

also mentioned in the ayat is the permissibility of "revealing the adornment" to "male servants who lack desire" - the above argument would imply you can hug a man, even if he is a stranger to you as long as he lacked desire! a slippery slope...

if you read this, it mentions how even hugging and kissing between mahrams is haram if it leads to desire
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/12879

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!