/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have to believe our Creator has a sense of humor.

GodIsAll
03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't you agree?

Amazing, like all His creations....

Ornithorhynchus anatinus: The Platypus

Attachment 4718

Attachment 4717

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
03-23-2012, 06:20 PM
It's like a metaphor that not all things are simply black and white :statisfie

GodIsAll
03-25-2012, 11:56 PM
What? No one else believes this lead to the theory Allah has fun when creating? The platypus makes me chuckle everytime I see one.
I probably did something haraam and didn't even realize it...

Muhammad
03-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Greetings,

I know you meant it in a light-hearted way. But as Muslims we believe Allaah (swt) created everything with wisdom and that His actions are never in vain, never unjust, and never superfluous. It would also not be appropriate to describe Him with terms that liken Him to His creation in any way.

But thanks for sharing those pictures. Whenever we see something amazing, we say SubhanAllaah, a way of glorifying Allaah (swt).

On the topic of the wonder of creation, our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty.” And we find Allaah (swt) often mentions the beauty in His creation - the heavens, the stars, gardens, etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karimah
03-26-2012, 12:26 AM
I still think Allah has a sense of humor though, sometimes crazy things happen in life and we just smile about it...

GodIsAll
03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
SubhanAllaah, verily!
My emotions reflect the ideal of "SubhanAllaah" in looking at all aspects of life.

جوري
03-26-2012, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
SubhanAllaah, verily!
My emotions reflect the ideal of "SubhanAllaah" in looking at all aspects of life.
Not really.. SubhanAllah... means glory be to God.. it isn't said because we think something in creation is quirky, but when we notice how purposeful it is we should be doing it all the time but we get caught up in life.. furthermore a 'sense of humor' is a human attribute and Allah swt is beyond our scope, outside the laws that govern our time/space universe. The creator is not the created. I tend to think that this is the pitfall of Christianity... Reminds me of a movie I just watched 'I, Robot' the robot refers to the human as his father, the same way Christians refer to God.. somehow making both on equal terms and flawed and the same time rivals and can outsmart one another through trickery or even the created can outsmart the creator or take him on...it is absurd.

peace

Hulk
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Generally, I feel happy when someone sees the beauty in creation and it reminds him/her of God. The entire universe is a creation of God. That's why we are naturally fascinated by the beauty of nature. From a picture of earth taken from outer space to a microscopic closeup of the cells of a leaf. They're beautiful. If asked what is technology many people tend to think of things like iPhone, Laptops, TV etc. Generally something "metallic". We overlook just how incredible organic technology is. We forget that scientists who invent or contribute in the progress of technology often look to nature as a reference point of something to imitate.

This is why I find it so strange that some people can look at a camera and deduce that there is such a thing as a camera manufacturer yet they don't believe that their own eyes have a Creator.

"We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?" - [41:53]

GodIsAll
03-26-2012, 09:45 PM
No, no BlueBell...you misinterpret.

I will learn to utter this phrase at every aspect of creation. I SEE God in all of it!
I just can't help but believe God has some special meaning when creating certain things...almost as proof that He enjoys fun, too.
The more I study, the more I research, (Biology teacher, remember?) I am in awe at the engineering feats of our God. It all works...so well! Even the brightest of our species are...nothing.
I shake my head at the complexity of life and I am blessed to be able to understand even a fraction of His creations, even thoughi it has been my passion and life's work for four and a half decades.
God willing, I will be able to comprehend more of this after my life's journey.

جوري
03-26-2012, 09:58 PM
It is rare that I miss =)

I will learn to utter this phrase at every aspect of creation. I SEE God in all of it!
& That much I can tell from your SN--yes!
I just can't help but believe God has some special meaning when creating certain things...almost as proof that He enjoys fun, too.
Ad-Dukhan (The Smoke) [44:38]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Wama khalaqna alssamawati waalarda wama baynahuma laAAibeena

The more I study, the more I research, (Biology teacher, remember?) I am in awe at the engineering feats of our God. It all works...so well! Even the brightest of our species are...nothing.
Yes indeed-- I do the same.. B.S and M.S in molecular bio and and MD (remember) I still come up with a different conclusion.

I shake my head at the complexity of life and I am blessed to be able to understand even a fraction of His creations, even thoughi it has been my passion and life's work for four and a half decades.
Al-Isra (The Journey by Night)[17:85]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Wayasaloonaka AAani alrroohi quli alrroohu min amri rabbee wama ooteetum mina alAAilmi illa qaleelan

Hope it isn't too late for you by then as the knowledge that comes after is useless. The knowledge of remorse!

best,
It is rare that I miss =)

That much I can tell from your SN--yes!
Ad-Dukhan (The Smoke) [44:38]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Wama khalaqna alssamawati waalarda wama baynahuma laAAibeena

Yes I do the same.. B.S and M.S in molecular bio and and MD (remember) I still come up with a different conclusion.

Al-Isra (The Journey by Night)[17:85]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Wayasaloonaka AAani alrroohi quli alrroohu min amri rabbee wama ooteetum mina alAAilmi illa qaleelan

Hope it isn't too late for you by then as the knowledge that comes after is useless. The knowledge of remorse!

best,

Who Am I?
03-27-2012, 12:57 AM
:sl:

Of course He does. He made me, and I have a sense of humor.

Problem solved. Dilemma over.

You can all go home now... ;D

Galaxy
03-27-2012, 01:02 AM
^Is it safe to say things about God without proof:?

GodIsAll
03-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Maybe you're right, Galaxy. I stated from the beginning that it was speculation.

Molecular Bio,eh, BlueBell? We could have some long chats. I would like to learn some aspects of that discipline. What branch of medicine do you practice?

And...sorry you're feeling "crappy" as of late.

Peace and love to all...

جوري
03-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Molecular Bio,eh, BlueBell? We could have some long chats
It was all the rage then...
keep forging forward as they say the truth is out there...

best,

Masuma
03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Asalamu alikum wr wb!
Well what i think is that there is many times a hidden humor not in the created "things" but in the circumstances and the incidents that happen in life. Sometimes things turn out in a funny way! ;D Like you are getting angry over your sister for spilling something over your dress and then you yourself SOMEHOW just spill the whole thing on you! :P

But that is something very cute, you see! ALLAH subhanowatallah verily doesnot have human attributes. Because he is not human! Like he does not have emotions the way humans have as we humans have biological and chemical reasons for emotions but he don't. Yet for OUR understanding, (so that our minor little brains be able to comprehend things) we say that ALLAH LOVES us, He shows MERCY upon us or He gets ANGRY with the sinners etc. This is just for OUR understanding! But note one thing that even still it becomes incomprehensible when we say ALLAH LOVES us 70 times MORE than our mother! :statisfie now we don' have any common day HUMAN example to properly understand this concept!

Masuma
03-27-2012, 08:04 AM
...(continuing)
But there ARE many attributes of Allah that are not even the attributes seen or found in humans, yet we know them! If you read the Holy Qur'an, you will find in there examples for this. Allah's utmost pleasure descending on the believers in paradise, His "face" etc. I wish any bro or sis might give you more examples of it to make it clear.

Now whenever I SEE the created things like space, marine life, or get concepts of time and timelessness, black holes, antimatter, concept of "infinity" etc, or see the emotions in humans like love of a mum, stubbornness of disbelievers whose hearts have turned into stones, I'm just WOWED at all that! SubhanAllah is definitely what I feel.

You see, things are VERY complicated then a simple yes or no. ^o)

Btw the playtapus and the first pics were so not funny! they were cute. :D playtapus is cute as long as it doesn't attack me. Dolphins too. Different humans gonna have different kind of emotions or feelings for the same thing! You might find it funny, i may find it cute. You might feel like laughing, i might feel hungry :playing: etc etc. Sometimes i'm just amazed at how bizarre some people get. :exhausted

(* If people here don't give you examples of Allah's attributes which are not found in humans, then leave me a p.m and i'll answer it inshAllah. (maybe a century latter or so)

Praise be to Allah! *read Surah Fatir* (the Originator of Creation):statisfie

GodIsAll
03-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for sharing, BlueBell. The author's view is well stated.
Let me ask you this: In doing your undergrad and postgraduate work in molecular biology, weren't you awed by God's engineering brilliance? I know, as mere humans, we can only grasp a small portion of how it all works, but let's take a relatively simple example. This first time your mind wrapped around protein synthesis...not the point where you could fire back the facts that your instructor wanted to hear, but when you comprehended the process as well as science can today...weren't you in awe? I know I was to the point of tears. How incredibly brilliant, even though we don't have the capability to see it ALL, I am blessed indeed to understand a bit of God's creative process in allowing life to exist.
Einstein? Planck? Newton? They are less than protozoans...oops...too much credit...they are less than monerans. Archaebacteria, even. What's sad is that I am even less than that!

Is there anything I can do to make your day less "crappy" today?

Sis chu chu (a name ALMOST as cute as a platypus): I am currently reading the Qur'an.

جوري
03-27-2012, 01:44 PM
weren't you in awe?
I always am.. I have a difficult time however reconciling that aesthetician, engineer, originator with your concept of God.

anything I can do to make your day less "crappy" today?
That's my baseline unfortunately.. I pretend to be devlish to throw folks a curve ball but in fact I am just crappy, need to revert to my true self! ...

best,

Galaxy
03-27-2012, 09:57 PM

they're interesting animals

GodIsAll
03-28-2012, 02:28 AM
I DID know!
Aren't they amazing? Ever heard your teacher say: Mammals give birth to live young? Scratch that...platypus and echidnas lay eggs.
How about: Mammals have fur...(ever see a furry dolphin?)
How about: Mammals are warm blooded? Well, birds are homeothermic, too...
I love monotremes (including Allah's creation, the platypus,) for throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing!

Who Am I?
03-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Don't forget the dinosaurs. Cold-blooded reptiles or warm-blooded bird relations? :hmm:

GodIsAll
03-28-2012, 07:29 PM
The mind ponders!
I wonder if any dinosaurs were venomous, like some of today's reptiles. I doubt it, since that seems to be a trait of the snakes (with rare exception) and snakes are a more recent species.
Then again, who knows? It would be hard to see any evidence of this in the fossil record.

Darth Ultor
03-28-2012, 08:59 PM
If God didn't have a sense of humor He'd have done away with humanity by now. :D Yes, this is a joke.

Who Am I?
03-29-2012, 03:54 PM
The mind ponders!
I wonder if any dinosaurs were venomous, like some of today's reptiles. I doubt it, since that seems to be a trait of the snakes (with rare exception) and snakes are a more recent species.
Then again, who knows? It would be hard to see any evidence of this in the fossil record.
There was once a theory that dilophosaurus may have been venomous, but it has since been abandoned due to lack of evidence. We don't really know since as you said, this is something that is difficult to prove without access to a living specimen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!