View Full Version : A new way to see food - Food Matters

Periwinkle18
03-24-2012, 03:49 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
05-22-2012, 06:04 PM
FOOD INGREDIENT NUMBERS:
(E-numbers)

E-Numbers represent specific food additives, used by the food industry in the manufacture of various food products. These E-Numbers have been formulated by the European Economic Community (EEC) and are universally adopted by the food industry worldwide.

It is known that many E-numbers contain unlisted haraam ingredients in them. Generally additives derived from animals and insects.

E-numbers are reference numbers used by the European Union to facilitate identification of food additives. All food additives used in the European Union are identified by an E-number. The "E" stands for "Europe" or "European Union". Normally each food additive is assigned a unique number, though occasionally, related additives are given an extension ("a", "b", or "i", "ii") to another E-number.

The Commission of the European Union assigns e-numbers after the additive is cleared by the Scientific Committee on Food (SCF), the body responsible for the safety evaluation of food additives in the European Union. The convention for assigning E-numbers is:

Attachment 4823

I hope this was useful.

Scimi

EDIT: The image is too large for upload to the server here. I'll try and find a site that will host it and link it here, the image is LARGE.

EDIT 2: Click this link - full article here: http://special.worldofislam.info/Food/numbers.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!