/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Woman Beaten to Death in Hate Crime

جوري
03-25-2012, 02:12 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
03-25-2012, 02:22 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon, may Allah grant her a position among the highest martyrs, and with the first believer to have been martyred for her faith.

that's the u.s government and media's doing through their incessant lies, false flags and hate peddling.

TrueStranger
03-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Hope the criminal is caught before he/she kills someone else again.

May Allah grant her Jannatul Fardos and grant her family patience.

joedawun
03-25-2012, 05:36 AM
So horrible, so sad. This is the product of hate that is instilled in people...blind hate that will drive someone to kill an innocent stranger simply because she is Muslim. True evil lies in those who demonize others to drive their personal, political or religious agendas. This tragedy is the perfect illustration of what can result from that demonization.

There is no shortage of purveyors of hatred in our world. It is incumbent upon those of us who know better to remember that we have a responsibility to stand against those who spread hate.

My prayers and sympathy go out to the family of the murdered mother :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karimah
03-26-2012, 12:40 AM
I read about this online earlier today. It is so sad, to think the murderer called her a terrorist, more like they are the terrorist! I hope they find this horrible person.

Logikon
11-12-2012, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
that's the u.s government and media's doing through their incessant lies, false flags and hate peddling.
format_quote Originally Posted by joedawun
This is the product of hate that is instilled in people...blind hate that will drive someone to kill an innocent stranger simply because she is Muslim.
The husband has now been arrester for her murder.

This is good news. It means it is not a hate crime!

Muezzin
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Logikon

The husband has now been arrester for her murder.

This is good news. It means it is not a hate crime!
I love how this doesn't read 'This is good news - they may have caught her killer'.

I also love how the first post containing nothing but a video entitled 'Muslim Woman Beaten to Death in Possible Hate Crime' has one Like.

Might want to consider how you're coming across, folks.

LauraS
11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
^^Very true Muezzin.

Also doesn't the fact that the title of the video is "Woman beaten to death in possible hate crime" and the fact that the title of the thread is "Muslim woman beaten to death in hate crime" show something? If it wasn't a hate crime it shows people jumping on a bandwagon to accuse non-Muslims of crimes in the same way people complain it happens the other way around. Distrust and hatred on both sides. :exhausted

Thoughts must go out to those poor children.

crimsontide06
11-12-2012, 02:00 PM
why isn't anyone talking about how the husband should be punished?? All of a sudden because its not a non-muslim that did it, it's ok?? Same with race.....Reminds me of a story I saw in march. In south carolina I believe, there was a black girl video taped beating up a white girl...NO MAJOR NEWS SOURCE PICKED IT UP..

white girl beats up a black girl(on video)...OUTRAGE....black girl beats up white girl...-crickets-

جوري
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Actually this came in silence as you can see the first news had to be youtubed as it was only in her local news- the her husband did it (which is what they say) is all over national news!

best,

glo
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Shaima Alawadi's tragic story brought thousands of women from all religions and none to wear hijab in her memory.

"One Million Hijabs for Shaima Alawadi"

May she rest with God.

Jalal~
11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
wow i didnt even hear about this until now. well, as long as they have patience, then they'll be rewarded...

glo
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jalal~
wow i didnt even hear about this until now. well, as long as they have patience, then they'll be rewarded...
What do you mean by that, Jalal?

glo
11-13-2012, 07:11 AM
It is a tragedy that this young woman lost her life so cruelly - whether she was killed by a stranger for being a Muslim or by her husband for wanting a divorce!

We should be glad that the truth is out and hope that justice will be done.

I'm really sad that even a thread like this turns into petty arguments ...

And it would be good to hear a few more Muslim members speak out against this crime. Whilst it was thought that this was a hate crime, people spoke about Shaima being a martyr, about hate and demonisation, and about praying for this family.

Now it seems like the husband killed her, nobody seems to want to speak out (apart from seemingly wanting to belittle the story now).

Is Shaima not still a woman, killed in a hateful and cruel manner? Do the family not still need our prayers?

I suggest you stop bickering amongst yourselves and let your hearts go out to the people caught up in this tragic crime! :heated:

جوري
11-13-2012, 10:43 AM
The death of any mother is tragic and especially so for her kids the main worry is what will become of them in a western country where people are indeed hateful toward Muslims- simply reading the comments when the story first broke out to the tooting trolls that spring months later!
I'll wait another 8 months though for the truth to come out - western media is all about pushing out stories and retracting it a year later or peppering it with God knows what!
As always you're so full of care glo- thank God for your presence here to always inject truth and common sense and fight for the underdog!

glo
11-13-2012, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I'll wait another 8 months though for the truth to come out - western media is all about pushing out stories and retracting it a year later or peppering it with God knows what!
I often find it frustrating that we only hear about stories when they are 'hot off the press' ... but we very rarely get to hear what the outcome was and how it ended.

It would indeed be interesting to hear how this story unfolds.

It would be a great tragedy for the children who were already witness to their mother being violently attacked; who then lost their mother; then had to live through the fear of this being a hate crime; and who now have to go through the trauma of their own father being suspected of the crime.
How to destroy a family! :cry:

If the husband really killed Shaima and tried to cover it up as a hate crime by leaving false evidence, it would certainly show a high level of callousness and planning.
Like you say, Skye, time will tell ...

Perhaps we can use this thread to post updates, as they are made public.

truthseeker63
11-14-2012, 06:39 AM
this is sad.

AKM
11-15-2012, 09:42 AM
This shouldn't be that surprising and that's due to the fact that most homicides are committed by someone known to victim regardless of religion, culture etc.

Marina-Aisha
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
update :

The family has apparently done an interview with the media: http://english.alarabiya.net/article...27/203513.html

In their first interview with the media, the family of Iraqi-American woman Shaima Alwadi, who was beaten to death in San Diego, decided to break their silence and recount the details of the murder that has sent shock waves across the United States and brought back worries of rising Islamophobia in the West.

“My wife was a victim of xenophobia,” Alwadi’s widower Qassem al-Hamidi told Al Arabiya in a phone interview Tuesday.

Hamidi said he and his wife are both from the city of al-Samawa in the governorate of al-Muthana in southern Iraq.

“We got married in a refugee camp in Saudi Arabia.”

Hamidi and Alwadi had five sons and daughters, aged 17, 16, 13, 12 and eight.
Hamidi, 48, said he could not go on talking and explained that he was in a bad state before passing on the telephone to his wife’s cousin Hussein Alwadi.

“I saw her body in the dinning room a few minutes before the police arrived,” her cousin told Al Arabiya.

He said the murderer snuck into the house on Wednesday morning from the back garden.

“The garden has no fence so he was able to break the glass of the kitchen window right away and apparently he did so without making a noise.”

Hussein added that the attacker then reached for the window handle, opened it, and got inside.

“He did so after watching Shaima’s husband drive away with four of the children he was taking to school. Only Shaima and her eldest daughter Fatima stayed in the house. Fatima was asleep.”

The murderer, Hussein recounted, saw Shaima in the dinning room and attacked her with an iron rod or a spanner.

“He first hit her on her forehead then on her right ear. The third strike was on the back of her head. This was followed by five fast and consecutive strikes on her head and shoulders.”

Shaima, Hussein said, lost consciousness, upon which the attacker left the house.

“Because the attack was fast, the eldest daughter Fatima, who was asleep in the upper floor, did not hear a thing and only found out when she woke up and went downstairs to see her mother’s body drenched in blood.”

Hussein added that they immediately transferred Shaima to the hospital, where she died three days later after doctors failed to save her life and had to take her off life support.

“We got her body and are taking the necessary procedures to take it to Iraq, where she will be buried.”

In addition to the calamity that has befallen the family after Shaima’s death, Hussein noted, they have also been subjected to a smear campaign that has caused them a great deal of emotional hurt.

“The media said that Shiama’s husband was a cultural advisor at the U.S. Army and that he used to train American soldiers heading to the Middle East.”

According to Hussein, Qassem al-Hamidi has been unable to work for the past 18 years.

“He had a complete kidney failure and one of his brothers had to come from Sweden to donate one of his kidneys to him.”

Hussein added that Hamidi has had refugee status since he came to the United States and that Social Welfare pays his rent and his family’s expenses.

“Shaima did not work so they had no source of income.”

Hussein Alwadi was a taxi driver at San Diego Airport and is currently working at the administration of a well-known supermarket in the city of El Cajon, where he lives with his wife and four children.

Hussein said that he and his family were at the same refugee camp where Shaima and her husband got to know each other. The camp, which in 1991 sheltered more than 32,000 Iraqis who fled Saddam Hussein’s regime, was located in the town of Rafha in northern Saudi Arabia.

Both families stayed in the camp for four years before immigrating to the United States.

In 1995, they all left to the United States including Shaima’s seven brothers, some of whom currently live in San Diego and neighboring cities and others in Texas with Shaima’s mother.

Shaima’s father, Islamic preacher Sayyed Nabil Moaad Alwadi, was in Iraq when he got a phone call about his daughter’s death.

“He will stay there to receive her body and burry her,” Hussein concluded.

(Translated from Arabic by Sonia Farid)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!