/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I FEEL like crap

syed1
03-28-2012, 01:56 AM
I started working recently in a retail environment and everything has been fine until today...

Normally during asr or magrib salat, (or what ever prayer it was time for) I would make my way to the back and offer salat usually when the store was not busy.

Today unfortunately I was busy with a customer and the azan for magrib went on and the store was really busy so it was not appropriate for me to leave in the middle and go offer the magrib prayer..

by the time I was finished there was about 30 mins left till Isha so I just decided it would be better to pray magrib when I offer Isha salat.

However this still does not make up for the fact that I missed magrib prayer, I haven't missed it for months..

I honestly feel so bad, I feel guilty, I feel like I'm losing my faith... this is so bad. I don't think it is ever justified to miss a salat? is it?

at work if you are only working a 4.5 hour shift you aren't allotted any breaks and if I am to forcefully take a break I would essentially be stealing "time" from the company which is wrong as well..

sigh* what am I to do?

any ways that my little rant just needed to get this off my chest...

hope your all having a good day and may you keep up with your prayers and remember me in your duas Inshallah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
03-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Brother, even if there was only 30 minutes left to offer maghrib prayer, next time, just go ahead and do it. Even though it's cutting it close, you still would have prayed on time. It's better than missing it completely to avoid feeling this crappy feeling. I know exactly what you mean by this...

format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
at work if you are only working a 4.5 hour shift you aren't allotted any breaks and if I am to forcefully take a break I would essentially be stealing "time" from the company which is wrong as well..
You are a slave to Allah (swt) first and foremost! Your prayers are much more important than stealing "time" from some company that you work for. And it wouldn't be right to stand in front of your Lord and say you missed salat because you didn't want to steal "time" from a company. If you can forcefully take a break and run to the bathroom if you're having explosive stomach problems then surely you can run for a break to offer salat. If push comes to shove, can't you ask one of your co-workers to cover for you for about 5 minutes if it gets too busy again?

I think you just had a long day brother and need to take some time to relax for a bit. Listen to Quran for a while and repent to Allah (swt) for missing that prayer. Don't dwell on it too much and make a strong effort to keep up with them from now on. I will keep you in my dua in shaa Allah.

May Allah ease everything for you. Ameeeeen

SFatima
03-28-2012, 05:36 AM
:sl:

There is no company policy in the world (probably) which stops one from their obligatory prayers, Infact companies are supposed to accommodate and facilitate their employees regarding their prayers. Even in an pro athiest county like Norway, companies give you time and space for your prayers, they actually respect the fact that you're confident about who you are and are regular observer of your values.

So no need to worry about stealing company time, it is infact your company which should not impinge on you personal religious obligations, and if you have a reasonable Manager or supervisor, you may even inform them of your 5-10 minute prayer break, so that they may appoint somebody else in your place while you are off for prayers, it would help if another friend of yours who is a muslim can take turns with you and you two can accommodate each other perhaps. Do not worry, also pray to Allah swt to make it easier for you to find time to pray without upsetting anyone around you, may ALlah swt be with you.

:wa:

aadil77
03-28-2012, 09:11 AM
yeah it can be awkward in retail environments where every second is dependent on customer service and sales

try changing your shift pattern to during the day so you have more time for prayers, otherwise anytime you get a small window to pray - just do it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
03-28-2012, 12:06 PM
I too miss two prayers but if I make It up when get home is that still okay?

aadil77
03-28-2012, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
nope you have to pray on time, deen over dunya

another way is to take your lunch break in parts so you can use some time later on for prayers

Marina-Aisha
03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
i dont get breaks i only work four hr everyday so i dont get even five min breaks they dont allow it

GuestFellow
03-28-2012, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
Salaam,

Ask an Islamic scholar. Members will not be able to give you a proper response, backed with evidence.

syed1
03-29-2012, 02:04 AM
I think its pretty straight forward that we should make all of our prayers on time. The only prayer we are allowed to delay is Isha according to authentic hadiths.

aadil77
03-29-2012, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

Ask an Islamic scholar. Members will not be able to give you a proper response, backed with evidence.
You cannot miss or delay prayers. End of.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/20712/

GuestFellow
03-29-2012, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
You cannot miss or delay prayers. End of.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/20712/
Salaam,

There are different scholarly opinions regarding this issue.

Periwinkle18
03-29-2012, 07:08 PM
maghrib time is till the isha adhan so u can pray if it wasnt till the time isha starts

secondly prophet muhammad (saw) has said tht if you miss a prayer then pray it when u remember, so like once i didnt wake up for fajr n wen i woke up i rememberd tht i missed it so i quickly got up and prayed...

will search for tht hadith wen i hav time inshaAllah

do lots of istaghfar cuz i know it srsly feels bad esp wen u miss fajr prayer its like the whole day is weird

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-29-2012, 07:15 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!