/* */

PDA

View Full Version : makes me wonder...

YusufNoor
03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Is malaria drug linked to Afghan massacre? Army orders review

WASHINGTON - A top Pentagon official has ordered an emergency review of a controversial anti-malaria drug - now that it has been potentially linked to the massacre of Afghan civilians.

No one has confirmed whether Staff Sgt. Robert Bales was using the drug, known as Mefloquine. But the drug has been linked to dangerous side effects - including depression, psychosis, and suicidal thoughts.

In 2009, the Army ordered that the drug not be given to soldiers who had suffered traumatic brain injuries.

And a few days after the Afghan massacre, Jonathan Woodson, assistant secretary of defense for health affairs, ordered an emergency evaluation of the military's use of Mefloquine to assure troops were not getting the drug inappropriately.

Bales is charged with killing 17 Afghan civilians - and his attorney is investigating a link between the drug and the accusations against his client, who suffered a traumatic brain injury while serving his third tour of combat in Iraq, according to earlier reports.

"I know there's a lot of discussion about the malaria drug, and I don't know yet (whether Bales was taking it)," says the attorney, John Henry Browne. "We have to get his medical records. And I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised. But I don't know that."

He says he expects to get Bales' medical records within the next two weeks.

Mefloquine, also known as Lariam, has been associated in several suicides and murders in the U.S. military.

Grim psychiatric side effects, including problems with psychotic behavior, paranoia and delusions, are some of the complications that arise from the use of Mefloquine.
http://www.komonews.com/news/nationa...144896255.html

:sl:

in light of stories like this, how come PTSD isn't brought up when a Muslim does harm to someone? when a terrified, heart-broken, grief-stricken Afghan [etc] goes "berserk" after some incident of terror, why is he/she automatically some kind of "fundi"?

PTSD, btw, is post traumatic stress syndrome. why isn't the "cause" for the behavior even an issue? or better yet, a headline? why can 't we use a little "verbal ju jitsu" and have a rational discussion of an "incident" rather than just listening the automatic condemnation?

any thoughts?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
03-29-2012, 03:06 PM
It is simple really America and its poodles are full of manure, have alot of B.Sing PR folks to color their pupu into orange and cream as to make it palatable when they shove it down people's throats.. obviously it becomes palatable only to them (given their all too frequent pig platters) yet they still wonder why the rest of the world is so unjustifiably angry welding Ak-47 and 'suicide bombing'

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!