/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Madinah!

Insanely.Krazii
03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
السلام عليكم
Honestly, I've known this forum for years but was just too lazy to make an account 'till now :lol:

Okay, so a little about me... I'm 16 turning 17 in June, was born and raised in FL but originally Moroccan. These past few years of my life have been revolved around airplanes. My mom's desperately trying to find a good Islamic enviorment for us to live in. We've been all over the US, all over Morocco, all over Egypt, and now we got into Saudi Arabia just 8 months ago and currently living in Madinah ولله الحمد

But like the hadeeth says, you have to have patience to live in Madinah, which my dad doesn't. So you guys make dua for him not to snap and drag us back to the US lol.

What else... Korean dramas! WOOT! Who watches Korean dramas? :D

Oh, and I love reading and writing and am pretty upset you guys don't have a poetry section on here. :mmokay:

And one question: How can I edit my signature? And I heard you have to have 50 posts to become a full member?

Lol, one more thing. So I'm pretty sure all of y'all know whats happening in Syria, and it's terrible. May Allah help them. Anyway, so a while ago I was pretty upset that I couldn't do much to help them (my dad profusely refused to send me to Turkey so I could sneak past the boderline so now I'm giving him the silent treatment until he breaks down) so I decided to do what I'm good at which is writing. I'm writing a story that pretty much summarizes the situation there from a girls point of view and based on several true stories and what I see on the news. Because, as much as it's surprising, my friends back in the US who are Muslims don't know whats going on, hence, they don't really care. And it's horrible that Syria is suffering silently and many Muslims don't care or know. And I was wondering if it's allowed for me to publish some chapters here? I just want to get opinions from as many people as possible. Hopefully, I plan on publishing it worldwide... lol yeah I know it's pretty much impossible but I can dream, right? :P

Well thanks for reading all that! Looking forward to becoming an active member here :) Salaamz.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TrueStranger
03-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Wlc aboard Krazii.

I love Korean dramas. AmaZiiing. ;D

As for publishing your writings, I'm don't think anyone would have a problem with it. But best to wait and see what the mods say.

Again wlc to the Islamic Board. :welcome:

Insanely.Krazii
03-29-2012, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
I love Korean dramas. AmaZiiing.
I know!!!! :Evil: lol.

As for publishing your writings, I'm don't think anyone would have a problem with it. But best to wait and see what the mods say.
Oh, ok, I will.

Again wlc to the Islamic Board.
Thanks!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-29-2012, 07:57 PM
:wa:

:welcome: on board!

Hope you enjoy your stay with us and find the forum beneficial towards yourself, inshaa'Allaah..

Great to have another sister on board!

Yep, you've to complete 50 posts to become a full member, i believe for security reasons..you've done 5, only 45 left:p

Your right, we don't have a section named after poetry, however, you can create a thread (i think in the Miscellaneous section) and place all your poems in there, and members would love to read, as many have been posted in the past and present. And feel free to post your story :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Insanely.Krazii
Hopefully, I plan on publishing it worldwide... lol yeah I know it's pretty much impossible but I can dream, right? :P
hmm, i'm thinking it's a dream come true, as members on board are pretty much from different parts of the world, and they'll be reading and some will probably share. so inshaa'Allaah, no need to dream anymore :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
إحسان
03-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Walaykum salam ukhti!

Go 1995! I'm also 16 turning 17 in April inshaAllah! Finally someone my ageee ;D

You watch KOREAN DRAMAS?!! So do I!! I've been watching them for nearly three years. I'm a huge k-drama addict!! WOOOHOOO!

Are you sure we're not lost twins? lol, what dramas do you like? I love Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Secret Garden, Prosecutor Princess, The Princess' Man, The Moon Embraces the Sun, Shining Inheritance, City Hunter, Brain and SOOO MUCH MORE XD I would so LOVE to visit Korea ):

I usually go on mysoju or dramacrazy for my kdramas! I also like Japanese dramas (they're quite quirky and hilarious)

On the other hand, I absolutely hate English TV, it's so boring and full of crap with disgusting filth on it. I only watch the news occasionally and that's it.

Oh I'm Saudi btw, my hometown isn't Madinah though, mine's Jeddah. But I love Madinah, I've visited there for Umrah several times - there's so much tranquility there. I LOVE IT!
Have you ever been to Albaik? They make the BEST CHICKEN ON EARTH. :statisfie It's only available in Jeddah, Makkah and Madinah (not Riyadh, they're so unlucky! :p)

Anyway hope to see you around~~ 안녕히가세요~ (annyonghegasaeyo~~~)

Insanely.Krazii
03-29-2012, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *dua
You watch KOREAN DRAMAS?!! So do I!! I've been watching them for nearly three years. I'm a huge k-drama addict!! WOOOHOOO!
Are you sure we're not lost twins? lol, what dramas do you like? I love Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Secret Garden, Prosecutor Princess, The Princess' Man, The Moon Embraces the Sun, Shining Inheritance, City Hunter, Brain and SOOO MUCH MORE XD I would so LOVE to visit Korea ):
NO WAY?! Thats so cool!!! This is my first year :D

Haha lol hmm maybe we are lost twins :P OMG I LOVE SHINING INHERITANCE!!! And City Hunter and Secret Garden and Prosecutor Princess!!! The other ones I haven't seen yet. My other favorites are Boys Over Flowers, Full House, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, and many more I can't think up of right now. And their movies are awesome! Except the sad ones are way too sad, lol, I can barely breathe after watching them.

I usually go on mysoju or dramacrazy for my kdramas! I also like Japanese dramas (they're quite quirky and hilarious)
I know those sites :) But I usually just watch them on YouTube. I haven't seen a Japanese drama yet, but I've seen one Taiwanese called Devil Beside You then couldnt finish it because I couldn't stand their accent lol.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate English TV, it's so boring and full of crap with disgusting filth on it. I only watch the news occasionally and that's it.
Thats so true. Korean drama's (majority if not all) are so clean compared to American ones.

Oh I'm Saudi btw, my hometown isn't Madinah though, mine's Jeddah.
YOU'RE IN JEDDAH?! Thats so cool! We went there once and went to the amusement park called 3atallah near the ocean.

And yesssss I know that restaurant, who doesn't? That place is always packed 24/7 lol its insane! When we first came here, that was all we ate for weeks lol. I love the spicy chicken strips. And the fact that everything here is HALAL! I don't have to worry about gelatin or the slaughtering or anything! :D

Galaxy
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Wa alaykum salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!