/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Drone Strike Kills 4 Suspected Militants, Wounds 3 Others In Northwest Pakistan

جوري
03-30-2012, 05:55 PM
MIRANSHAH, Pakistan, March 30 (Reuters) - A U.S. drone strike killed four suspected militants and wounded three others on Friday in Pakistan's North Waziristan tribal region near the Afghanistan border, intelligence officials and militants said.

The remotely piloted aircraft targeted a residential compound used by foreign militants in Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan, a Pakistan Taliban commander told Reuters.

"All of those killed and injured in this attack were Arab, they belonged to some Arab country," the commander said.

Intelligence officials, however, said they did not have details on the identities or nationalities of the suspected militants.

The controversial drone program, a key element in U.S. counter-terrorism efforts, is highly unpopular in Pakistan, where it is considered a violation of sovereignty with many civilian casualties.

The United States says the strikes in Pakistan's unruly northwestern tribal regions along Afghanistan border are very accurate and there is minimal collateral damage.

Several militant groups have strongholds in the area, and often take advantage of the porous frontier to launch cross-border attacks on NATO and Afghan forces.

A Pakistani parliamentary committee recently demanded an end to drone strikes on Pakistani territory as part of its recommendations for a new direction of ties with Washington. (Reporting by Haji Mujtaba in MIRANSHAH and Saud Mehsud in DERA ISMAIL KHAN; Writing by Mahawish Rezvi and Qasim Nauman; Editing by Chris Allbritton & Kim Coghill)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D147859
-______________________________________

U.S has alot of tax payers money to spend on drones

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:04 PM
inna lillahe wa inna elayhe rajion :( they kill innocent ppl.. may they burn in hell!! :raging: y don't they just go awayyyyy :heated:

جوري
03-30-2012, 06:10 PM
because the 'leaders' that the people are staging coups against have invited these plagues and unleashed them to rape our lands and people in the name of anti 'islamist/extremist/fundamentalist terrorism'

:w:

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:13 PM
the leaders r stupid greedy ppl who want nothing buh money they don't care if ppl die, ppl r dying everyday its like ants being crushed under ur shoes :S wht has gotten into these ppl y doesnt anyone understand they'll never b our frnds neva Allah has told us

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-30-2012, 06:14 PM
still think this is a war on a select few 'nutters'? Sarkozy is already doing the roundups and they're coming against you under every raya.. time to wake up or what?

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:19 PM
srsly it is buh ppl r busy watching drama's like tht stupid hamsafar one , if u try talking to ppl abt it they don't care they're too busy with there lives

CosmicPathos
03-30-2012, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
srsly it is buh ppl r busy watching drama's like tht stupid hamsafar one , if u try talking to ppl abt it they don't care they're too busy with there lives
lol.

And then Pakistanis tell us they are a sovereign state?! That drama was one stupid drama (like all others). Just to get girls go gaga over Fawad.

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:20 PM
ppl start calling u taliban i mean common man wake up look at wht they're doing killing who ever they want n no one says anything!!!

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
That drama was one stupid drama (like all others). Just to get girls go gaga over Fawad.
havn't watched it, dun watch tv anymore buh heard alot abt it ppl were crazy over it closed their shops just to get home on time to watch tht n wen u ask ppl to come to a quran class they'll b like we don't hav time

CosmicPathos
03-30-2012, 06:24 PM
^^ yea ... believers are strangers in dunya.

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
^ may Allah make us true believers ameen, i just wish i could do sumfin how do u tell ppl, how do u make them listen to u??

CosmicPathos
03-30-2012, 06:30 PM
^^ just focus on your emaan and keep on helping the poor and the needy (that's the majority of Pakistanis so lots of opportunity), that is one way of doing dawah.

I honestly dont really talk to all these pseudo-intellectual journalists and ppl on media from pak ... their hearts are sealed and eyes blind. They wont listen to me cuz even though I dont look like a mullah, they look at me as a mullah, just because I condemn all that they stand for.

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:33 PM
i guess all we can do is pray to Allah to help our mujahideen brothers...

CosmicPathos
03-30-2012, 06:35 PM
keep on doing more, maybe get involved at grass roots level with various dawah organizations at universities, provided its safe and sharii. this is something I really wish I had done back in uni days.

if we have goons like altaf hussain and nadeem f paracha, who start in similar way, and can influence public opinion, why not us?

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 06:51 PM
^ well goons like altaf hussain threaten ppl, he sends he ppl to go n collect money frm shops n who ever says no just shoot them a relative of mines was shot just because she coudnt take of her gold bracelet

CosmicPathos
03-30-2012, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
^ well goons like altaf hussain threaten ppl, he sends he ppl to go n collect money frm shops n who ever says no just shoot them a relative of mines was shot just because she coudnt take of her gold bracelet
no no, I meant from his college days. He started MQM movement as a student movement.

Periwinkle18
03-30-2012, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
no no, I meant from his college days. He started MQM movement as a student movement.
ooo really didn't know tht :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!