/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you really want?

GuestFellow
03-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Salaam,

I'm certain all Muslims want to go to heaven, but what else do we really want? Something that you want to achieve in this world. Is there something you would like to change that happened in the past?

I really don't know what I want. I would probably like to go back in time and correct the mistakes I made.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-30-2012, 11:23 PM
It's not wise to lament the mistakes you've made in the past (let it go, what's happened has happened and there's nothing you can do about it) but rather use the knowledge you gained from these mistakes in order to not make the same or similar mistakes in future and also guide others about it too.

As for what I want: upwards of 1 billion pounds.

'Abd-al Latif
03-30-2012, 11:31 PM
:salamext:

Ibn Qayyim (r) says: Your life in the present moment is in between the past and the future. So what has preceded can be rectified by tawbah (repentance), nadam (regret) and istighfar (seeking Allaah’s forgiveness). And this is something that will neither tire you, nor cause you to toil as you would with strenuous labour. Rather it is an action of the heart. Then as regards the future (then it can be corrected) by withholding yourself from sins. And this abandonment is merely the leaving of something and to be at ease from it. This also is not action of the limbs, which requires you to strive and toil. Rather this is a firm resolve and intention of the heart – which will give rest to your body, heart and thoughts. So as for what has preceded, then you rectify it with repentance. And as for the future – then you rectify it with firm resolve and intention. Neither of these involves any hardship or exertion of the limbs. But then your attention must be directed to your life in the present - the time between two times. If you waste it, then you have wasted the opportunity to be of the fortunate and saved ones. If you look after it, having rectified the two times – what is before and after it, as we have said – then you will be successful and achieve rest, delight and ever-lasting bliss. However, looking after it is harder than that which comes before and after it, since guarding it involves keeping to that which is most befitting and beneficial for your soul, and that which will bring it success and well-being. (Al Fawaa'id)

TrueStranger
03-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Just one nice warm sunny week.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
03-30-2012, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Just one nice warm sunny week.
Do you live in England? It's been sunny all the past week.

Sunnie Ameena
03-31-2012, 12:42 AM
I would not change any of my past. All my mistakes and all the things I did, is what made me who I am. I have learned and grown from the good and bad.

KDhieb
03-31-2012, 02:29 AM
hmmm definitely to finally be done with university already!!! lol

TrueStranger
03-31-2012, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Do you live in England? It's been sunny all the past week.
No brother. I'm from the United States of Satan ;D

As for the OP, sometimes we remember the past never to repeat it again. However, it's completely impossible to avoid future mistakes. Mistakes just teach us all the existing ways to avoid various problems.

real islam
03-31-2012, 05:29 AM
If i am a Mumin than Allah promised to give me the Heaven by the cost of my life and wealth.Than
did you do any work for Allah which makes the possibility to loss the life and death?

Endymion
03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
I want to have a house in front of Masjid Al-Haram and another house near Masjid An Nabi SAW and want to spend all my life in these two cities.I want to go to Haram daily and offer all my prayers over there and want to die in Makkah and buried there.

Insanely.Krazii
03-31-2012, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I want to have a house in front of Masjid Al-Haram and another house near Masjid An Nabi SAW
That's really beautiful, inshallah it'll come true :)

Hmm for me... I really want to help people; for instance, I've always wanted to be a psychologist mainly targeting teenagers that are depressed, hurt themselves, or hate life, and just help guide them through life and let them open up and live.

Now the only problem is college :exhausted Just the thought of it makes me doubt myself, lol.

Marina-Aisha
03-31-2012, 09:15 PM
more children( i have two already)build house in lagos like me my huse have dream bout..and become a social worker so i can help others..do i regret anything?no because allah has a path for everyone if i hadnt done the things id done i wouldnt have met the love my life and allah.

GuestFellow
03-31-2012, 09:40 PM
I would really like to fly.

Scimitar
03-31-2012, 09:56 PM
I want cheese...

But leave the gorgonzola out of it.

I also wanna have my own boat, I think that would be kinda cool to just go out on, and catch some fish... I also would need to live near a river for that though. So probably not a good idea to have a boat... yet.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I would really like to fly.
Heh, I always loved the idea of flying too, but the last time I tried it, ... uhm don't ask.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
I would probably like to go back in time and correct the mistakes I made.
I found a magic lamp once, and the genie inside was a bit of a stingy one. Instead of three wishes, it only granted me one. So I asked for a time machine, and got a casio digital. Yep, facepalm. Just goes to show, you can't trust those jinn things.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
As for what I want: upwards of 1 billion pounds.
I wish I had wished for that.Until I saw this:

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I want to have a house in front of Masjid Al-Haram and another house near Masjid An Nabi SAW and want to spend all my life in these two cities.I want to go to Haram daily and offer all my prayers over there and want to die in Makkah and buried there.
Ameen to that.

now I just wish I could meet the prophet pbuh in my dreams every night. Insha-Allah.

.....And some cheese :D

Scimi

GuestFellow
03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Heh, I always loved the idea of flying too, but the last time I tried it, ... uhm don't ask.
Salaam,

I would so love to fly. Sounds childish but if I could fly, then I would never have to catch the bus/train or drive a car.

.....And some cheese :D
With some nachos! Nachos are good for me...only me. No one else. Get your own nachos. Geez IB members are so fat and greedy.

Revert 2010
04-01-2012, 12:57 AM
I have a few things but U hope Allah grants me this one thing : ).

Revert 2010
04-01-2012, 12:58 AM
I meant I hope, dam my fat fingers on a touch phone lol

MustafaMc
04-01-2012, 01:28 AM
I want to live the rest of my life as Muhammad (saaws) lived his, to be forgiven of my sins on Judgment Day, and to be protected from the Hellfire.

Abz2000
04-01-2012, 01:36 AM
i want to see one ummah, and the Kingdom and Rule of Almighty God on earth, as it is in heaven.
and to be able to live under a system where debauchery is not pushed at people breaking newer limits every day

Periwinkle18
04-01-2012, 08:38 AM
i want many things buh most of all i would want everyone to be muslims :)

would want to rich too :p buh with being rich i would want the taqwa of hazrat uthman ghani (ra)

i want a samsung galaxy S2 :p and a galaxy tab

would love to fly

and umm my list is too long i'll just stop hea :p

inshaAllah will ask for wht eva i want wen i go to jannah inshaAllah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!