/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Voices.. Auditory hallucinations.

Hulk
04-01-2012, 01:28 AM
To be precise, hearing voices just as you are about to fall asleep. I think I've probably experienced this once in a while, yesterday it happened again. I was falling asleep when I thought I heard my someone I know calling out my name but it was very faint. Anyway I had to go to the bathroom so I went, maybe that's why the memory of it is clear because I didn't continue to drift to sleep after it happened.:statisfie

I did a little google searching and found that I'm not the only who has such experiences. Some people hear conversations, some hear foreign languages, and some had similar ones like mine where someone calls out their name. Some people are speculating that somehow the person has "tapped" into another dimension, personally I am very skeptical so I tried to look for more logical explanations. I found what is called "Hypnagogic Hallucinations" which is basically hallucinations(either visual or auditory) that occur at the transition from wakefulness to sleep (hypnagogic) or from sleep to wakefulness (hypnopompic).

I figured since it turned out I wasn't the only who experienced it I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else has experienced it.;D

Here's a link to the site for more information.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GodIsAll
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I deal with insomnia and have all my life. I stay awake not due to anxiety or anything, I just can't get my mind to slow down. If I stay awake for 4 or more days in a row, I can have this occur during waking moments along with this bizarre "whoosh, whoosh" noise.

But yes, I have experienced this as well just as I am fading into sleep. On a couple of occasions, it was very realistic and very creepy. I understand it is also a fairly common phenomenon.

CosmicPathos
04-01-2012, 01:59 AM
hulk, are you on any drugs?

so you heard someone calling your name? how many times it has happened before? for how long they called your name? Do they say anything else? Do you hear them other than before going to sleep?

Maybe 2 time in the last 10 years, I've also heard someone say my name while in group settings, but not in silence/isolation.

More info is needed.

TrueStranger
04-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Sounds like one of those jinn stories people tell to children. "Once upon time, a young girl heard her mother calling her name at the middle of the night.....'Amiinaa....Aminnna....Come here my child'. The voice sounded so close and distant at the same time". ......;D

Let me know if you find the source of the problem.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GodIsAll
04-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Shhhhhhhhh...

Anyone else hear that?

Nate
04-01-2012, 05:40 AM
There is a state of sleep you enter before you fall asleep, these are common I have laid in bed and seen people walk into my room, voices,noises and even full on battles crazy stuff, try some B12 vit helps with dreams if they get out of hand.

I personally like crazy dreams its like watching a movie for me, the stranger the better LOL

GodIsAll
04-01-2012, 06:21 AM
I once dreamed the King of Sweden was trying to hijack my brain to transmit midget meatloaf recipes.

M.I.A.
04-01-2012, 07:39 AM
its the whispering of you know who..

whenever/wherever (probably wherever but im a bit rusty) his back is turned.

not always though.
also,

...if they call your name then its probably someone you know.

anyway, dont give up..

just pray often, its scientifically proven to do things to the brain and body. two thumbs up.

dont worry and dont follow, be you for as long as you can.. wow that sounds scary.

also can you tell if it sounds like a human voice?

hulk id stay well away from the unseen if i were you.. you dont want to go through this place on hard mode.

from website.

A telephone interview of nearly 5,000 people aged 15 to 100 in the UK2 showed that 37% of the sample reported experiencing hypnagogic hallucinations.

thats a lot.

Soulja Girl
04-01-2012, 09:04 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
its the whispering of you know who..
^Who, Lord Voldemort..? :p

:wa:

Snowflake
04-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Yes, but it hasn't happened for a while. I used to think my name's being called in my son's or mother's voice while I was fully awake in the middle of the day. My mother doesn't live with me, so when I'd hear 'her calling me' I'd think she was in trouble and I was being informed in some telepathic way. I'd phone her to find all is well al hamdulillah. I've also thought I heard my son has calling me a few times and vice versa. So, sometimes it could just be our imagination.

But there's a strange one which even unnerves me when it happens. That is that I hear the sound of a door bell, the classic ding-dong, when I wake from day time naps. It's so loud and clear that I really think there's someone at the door. That's just plain freaky. But I just take these things with a pinch of salt and don't dwell too much on how or why they happen.

M.I.A.
04-01-2012, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
Yes, but it hasn't happened for a while. I used to think my name's being called in my son's or mother's voice while I was fully awake in the middle of the day. My mother doesn't live with me, so when I'd hear 'her calling me' I'd think she was in trouble and I was being informed in some telepathic way. I'd phone her to find all is well al hamdulillah. I've also thought I heard my son has calling me a few times and vice versa. So, sometimes it could just be our imagination.

But there's a strange one which even unnerves me when it happens. That is that I hear the sound of a door bell, the classic ding-dong, when I wake from day time naps. It's so loud and clear that I really think there's someone at the door. That's just plain freaky. But I just take these things with a pinch of salt and don't dwell too much on how or why they happen.
in my experience if you hear them in there own voices its nothing to worry about.

i doubt its imagination, its part of the world that is forgotten.

kinda like how people could tell the time by the sun and how the weather was changing.
no internet, no phones, no tv, no radio.

Snowflake
04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
^But guaging weather and time are done by physical signs whereas these voices aren't really there. Perhaps it's just the brain shifting through information/memories etc. Allah knows best.

M.I.A.
04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
sure, but you have to know how to do it.. before you can do it.

you are correct though, allah swt knows best, is the best of planners.

the quran says about those that tell the future.. (cant fully remember it so if you know where to find it plz post it)

you might ask how that fits in with the topic.

well it probably means that sometimes you have to go against what your eyes and ears tell you. the criterion for your judgement (decisions) should be the quran.
it is the importance of seeking knowledge and having faith that no matter what the signs.. above all mankind and jin is allah swt.

this life is just a test of knowledge and action for mankind and jin.

none are like/comparable unto him.. and no matter how many voices we hear.. that meeting is the one we should be afraid of/prepared for.

Hulk
04-01-2012, 10:45 AM
VOLDEMORT?! Something wicked this way comes.

Hahahaha. I am starting to think that maybe this occurrence happens when a dream is happening before you full fall asleep. Sort of like if there is a loading bar for "falling asleep", maybe the dream can start when the bar reaches 50% even though usually it happens at 100%.

It could be a phenomenon related to brain activity, it could be something from the ghaib(unseen), it could even be both.

Alpha Dude
04-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I've heard screaming a few times just as I wake up from sleep in a state of shock.

Snowflake
04-01-2012, 11:50 AM
M.I.A.;1507723]sure, but you have to know how to do it.. before you can do it.
Ok I get ya now. You're right. I think the answer lies here:

Behold! Your Lord said to the angels, “I will create a vicegerent on earth.” They said: “Will You place therein one who will make mischief and shed blood, while we celebrate Your praises and glorify Your Holy name?” He said, “I know what you know not.” And He taught Adam the names of all things [gave him knowledge]. Then He placed them before the angels, and said: “Tell me the names of these if you are right.” They said, “Glory to You! Of knowledge We have none, save what You have taught us. In truth it is You Who are perfect in knowledge and wisdom.” (Qur'an 2:30–32)

I remember Bilal Philip's explanation that Allah has already given us all the knowledge we need. But that it has to be drawn out. Reminds me of throwing a bucket in a well to draw out water.

the quran says about those that tell the future.. (cant fully remember it so if you know where to find it plz post it)

you might ask how that fits in with the topic.

well it probably means that sometimes you have to go against what your eyes and ears tell you.
Sorry I don't get what you mean bro.

the criterion for your judgement (decisions) should be the quran.
it is the importance of seeking knowledge and having faith that no matter what the signs.. above all mankind and jin is allah swt
none are like/comparable unto him.. and no matter how many voices we hear.. that meeting is the one we should be afraid of/prepared for.
Agreed!

Snowflake
04-01-2012, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I've heard screaming a few times just as I wake up from sleep in a state of shock.
Subhan Allah that's scary! Hope you're reading the daily adhkar before you sleep akhi.

M.I.A.
04-01-2012, 11:54 AM
no probz, it gives me an excuse to read the quran again.

it might take a while though.

Alpha Dude
04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose

Subhan Allah that's scary! Hope you're reading the daily adhkar before you sleep akhi.
You know, the days when I am not consistent in adkhar is when something like that happens.

Every now and then, I wake up at night and feel a presence. A lot of bad energy that is very noticable. I lay in bed just trying to sleep through it but can't let myself relax enough to let sleep overcome me because I fret that this presence might do something. Most of the time, I feel too lazy to muster up the energy to pray properly to make it go away.

However, sometimes I make a concerted effort to recite Ayatul Kursi around 10 times and a few minutes after doing this the feeling is incredible. The darkness evaporates and the feeling is complete calm, safety and protection.

Snowflake
04-01-2012, 01:13 PM
You know, the days when I am not consistent in adkhar is when something like that happens.

Every now and then, I wake up at night and feel a presence. A lot of bad energy that is very noticable. I lay in bed just trying to sleep through it but can't let myself relax enough to let sleep overcome me because I fret that this presence might do something. Most of the time, I feel too lazy to muster up the energy to pray properly to make it go away.

However, sometimes I make a concerted effort to recite Ayatul Kursi around 10 times and a few minutes after doing this the feeling is incredible. The darkness evaporates and the feeling is complete calm, safety and protection.
I understand completely what you're saying. I have the same problem and sometimes also resort to reading ayatul kursi alone. The effect is immediate, subhan Allah! A couple of weeks back I was trying to sleep and saw three black shapes floating next to me. At first, I thought they were the usual swirls, shapes and shadows one sees in semi darkness, or even floaters. But they were over a foot big - so definitely not floaters. I also started feeling a menacing presence and got that same feeling you mentioned - that if I didn't recite now, they'd attack me. I immediately started reciting ayatul kursi and remember feeling a bit panicky hoping I'd finished it before they got me. Subhan Allah. They disappeared. I'm just so grateful to Allah for giving us the means to ward off these evil entities. I'd be so lost without Islam : (

Salahudeen
04-01-2012, 02:57 PM

I have the exact same thing, it feels like it requires such an effort and so draining to read the adhkhar.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-01-2012, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
I'd be so lost without Islam : (
Completely agree!

I cannot sleep without reciting ayatul Kursi or seeking refuge in Allaah, nor reciting few last chapters of the Qur'aan, or even putting Qur'aan on. I feel absolutely secure.

The more I love reading the topic of Jinn, the more scary it gets during the nights , but All praises is due to Allaah!

Islaam is definetly a way of life..

CosmicPathos
04-01-2012, 06:44 PM
ive been hearing voices that Hulk is crazy.

GuestFellow
04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
To be precise, hearing voices just as you are about to fall asleep. I think I've probably experienced this once in a while, yesterday it happened again. I was falling asleep when I thought I heard my someone I know calling out my name but it was very faint. Anyway I had to go to the bathroom so I went, maybe that's why the memory of it is clear because I didn't continue to drift to sleep after it happened.:statisfie

I did a little google searching and found that I'm not the only who has such experiences. Some people hear conversations, some hear foreign languages, and some had similar ones like mine where someone calls out their name. Some people are speculating that somehow the person has "tapped" into another dimension, personally I am very skeptical so I tried to look for more logical explanations. I found what is called "Hypnagogic Hallucinations" which is basically hallucinations(either visual or auditory) that occur at the transition from wakefulness to sleep (hypnagogic) or from sleep to wakefulness (hypnopompic).

I figured since it turned out I wasn't the only who experienced it I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else has experienced it.;D

Here's a link to the site for more information.
Salaam,

You need to see a doctor. No one here is qualified to give medical advice. If you want to fall asleep, exercise.

Scimitar
04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm jealous... why don't the voices speak to me?

:skeleton:;D

Jedi_Mindset
04-01-2012, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

I understand completely what you're saying. I have the same problem and sometimes also resort to reading ayatul kursi alone. The effect is immediate, subhan Allah! A couple of weeks back I was trying to sleep and saw three black shapes floating next to me. At first, I thought they were the usual swirls, shapes and shadows one sees in semi darkness, or even floaters. But they were over a foot big - so definitely not floaters. I also started feeling a menacing presence and got that same feeling you mentioned - that if I didn't recite now, they'd attack me. I immediately started reciting ayatul kursi and remember feeling a bit panicky hoping I'd finished it before they got me. Subhan Allah. They disappeared. I'm just so grateful to Allah for giving us the means to ward off these evil entities. I'd be so lost without Islam : (
Just do wudhu and recite qu'ran before you go to sleep and you would be protected till fajr prayer Insha'Allah
:)

Snowflake
04-03-2012, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Just do wudhu and recite qu'ran before you go to sleep and you would be protected till fajr prayer Insha'Allah
:)
I know bro. We only have ourselves to blame. It's just impossible sometimes. I'll make more of an effort insha Allah :thumbs_up

Hulk
04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I haven't had any of the weird experience lately, I guess I should be happy :statisfie

SaciidoMaxamuud
03-23-2023, 06:50 PM
oh my God, this just happened.
so basically I was in the living room and I was eating iftar right. I heard someone that sounded like my mom said my name. I answered saying "yes hooyo". my mom said, "i didnt say anything." I was so confused but then I knew immediately what it was I do have to admit I was startled.

Brenna00
03-26-2023, 05:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaciidoMaxamuud
so basically I was in the living room and I was eating iftar right. I heard someone that sounded like my mom said my name. I answered saying "yes hooyo". my mom said, "i didnt say anything." I was so confused but then I knew immediately what it was I do have to admit I was startled.

I used to see things that weren’t there, and also had some instances where I thought I heard someone correctly, then I replayed the video and I had it all wrong. This is all due to malnutrition that happens as a result of eating gluten. All these weird things stopped happening within the week I stopped eating gluten, and my anxiety and depression improved immensely. Please check out my future recordings on YouTube, under myrant2day. Can email me at the same and I’ll respond to any questions you may have, insha Allah.

habibaakter3458
08-30-2023, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaciidoMaxamuud
I also experienced a similar situation. Today In the morning at like 4 am . I was half asleep I mean I was in sleep but not that deep sleep. I was lying straight on bed . Then in my Left ear I heard a same voice as mine . It was saying " Hello" then it started to laugh like I laugh in a normal conversation. In that moment I opened my eyes in panic.. I couldn't understand what's happening..but it didn't end here . After that normal laugh I opened my eyes then the laugh became creepy for 2 seconds (it felt like , it was trying to scare me) .. then I screamed and went to my mom . I told them everything but none of them believed Lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!