/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A culture of meanness & political correctitude

جوري
04-02-2012, 02:51 AM
A gal's rant..

I have been following western news for a couple of days now and I feel rather discombobulated by the enormity of mixed messages thrown at me left and right. If you're fortunate enough to be able to filter through it- you'll not be left with much distillate as it is composed entirely of bull, which no longer needs be covered by florid language for cover, surely there's a heightened need for political correctitude! Then there's a deep seeded need to exclude, marginalize & insult well, Muslims just Muslims who are referenced to in a most vile seething manner and never any other manner at least none that I have come across.

So there's is this entire culture of meanness I feel the whole west has built its foundation upon they love to call it 'freedom' of whatever in this case for argument' sake let's call it freedom of speech yet for some reason they realize and fairly recently how harmful this 'freedom of speech' is and only specifically so to promote certain ideologies (lewd sexuality) for instance so that now 'bullying' is a crime-- Bullying leads to hate, name calling leads to school kids going postal....but Muslims are (insert the insult of choice here) and if they don't like it, it is because they're intolerant 7c simpletons ..

No correlation is made between the two in the same breath of course however, after seeing 'the beibes' or whatever the heck they call that kid or other disheveled hippie morons of similar disposition, sounds and looks to thousands of screaming equally moronic and clueless teenage girls to stand up in the run away hooker clothing of choice and take a stand against 'bullying' you might be smacked in the face by the roundup of Niqabis facing two years for the crime of clothes or some nameless 'militants' executed for the crime of well speech which they dislike , and or drone attack, and or random civilian cleansing, and/or of a secret CIA prison in some remote Eastern European nation so that some nameless, family-less hooligan uncivilized axis of evil 'Muslims' who need not be thought of as human all together might learn of western freedoms along which 'Freedom of speech' is integral and when having mastery over that freedom they can tighten the confidence by disabling that freedom to promote such things as well buggery..

Fasten your seat belt for this 'brave new world' and on that note I go to watch the namesake movie..

waslaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
04-02-2012, 06:16 PM
:sl:

I despise political correctness in all forms.

I have a mondo rant about this somewhere. I just have to remember where I put it...

GuestFellow
04-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Salaam,

When you say Eastern European country, are you referring to Uzbekistan?

جوري
04-02-2012, 10:18 PM
No, I recently posted of Secret CIA prisons in Romania and poland.. but those types of articles don't generate as much interest as say the lone crazy gunman who was an 'Al Qaeda' trained operatie killing Jews and getting lapdances ...

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TrueStranger
04-03-2012, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
No, I recently posted of Secret CIA prisons in Romania and poland.. but those types of articles don't generate as much interest as say the lone crazy gunman who was an 'Al Qaeda' trained operatie killing Jews and getting lapdances ...

Most people are aware of the injustice committed by the West, especially, America. The downfall is that no one can really challenge the world's superpower and even the UN makes some squeaking sounds and then goes dead silent about the West's global transgressions. There is no force which can currently hold those who are in power accountable. The money changers hold financial powers that provide multinational corporations and Western governments a space that is unregulated and the rule of law does not restrict them at all. The world is narrated from the view-point of those who are in power.

GodIsAll
04-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Agreed. We as voters have to use more scrutiny...politicians! They're all alike: making decisions for the benefit of themselves and their fat cat cronies. Every election its the same, though:

Vote for Liar/Cheat A...or...Liar/Cheat B

TrueStranger
04-03-2012, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Agreed. We as voters have to use more scrutiny...politicians! They're all alike: making decisions for the benefit of themselves and their fat cat cronies. Every election its the same, though:

Vote for Liar/Cheat A...or...Liar/Cheat B
There is no point in voting anymore. I think Obama will be a two term president.

GuestFellow
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM

:wa:

Muslims are being mistreated in Uzbekistan. It is a topic not being discussed. I should create a topic about it.

M.I.A.
04-03-2012, 02:12 PM
i was fortunate to be able to listen to the latest uk fuel crisis as it happened over a matter of days.
i was amazed to see the government backtracking on its own advice.. which lead to panic for some.

you either play the sheep or dodge the wolf.

my attitude is that if you mislead people without them knowing then they are easy game. i know its not that simple for people who needed the fuel or would not be able to get to work, but i guess that was the threat.

...i dont even know if the workers striked.

as for political correctness, i agree with it fully. the more one can control what comes out the mouth the better it is.
more awareness cant be a bad thing.

..thats why i dont talk irl.

dont turn your back on disbelievers.. or just dont give them a chance to materialize.

جوري
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
:wa:

Muslims are being mistreated in Uzbekistan. It is a topic not being discussed. I should create a topic about it.
That is true, they're forbidding children from going to mosques or learning the Quran even though the population there is 90% Muslims..

Who Am I?
04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
There is no point in voting anymore. I think Obama will be a two term president.
Elections only exists to give the public the illusion of democracy. The political process is a joke.

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
i was fortunate to be able to listen to the latest uk fuel crisis as it happened over a matter of days.
i was amazed to see the government backtracking on its own advice.. which lead to panic for some.

you either play the sheep or dodge the wolf.

my attitude is that if you mislead people without them knowing then they are easy game. i know its not that simple for people who needed the fuel or would not be able to get to work, but i guess that was the threat.

...i dont even know if the workers striked.

as for political correctness, i agree with it fully. the more one can control what comes out the mouth the better it is.
more awareness cant be a bad thing.

..thats why i dont talk irl.

dont turn your back on disbelievers.. or just dont give them a chance to materialize.
I disagree. I despise censorship in all forms. People should be given free access to information, and be allowed to think for themselves and make their own decisions. I don't like being told what to think.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master...

GodIsAll
04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
I fear you're right...look at who the Republicans have running, though....geez.

M.I.A.
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
i was implying self censorship rather than media censorship.

if that implies that i would hold information from somebody then i guess you are correct.

also the media is not free thinking, its a narrow band of information..

i think you may remember that pic of those Palestinian children being hit by an isrealy car.. it was all over the internet.

there was an al-jazeera video of it actually happening that really skewed my perspective of the whole story.

we are constantly forced to choose sides in somebody elses affairs, its always pushing for somebody elses agenda's and there is usually little positive change.

sure we should care about what happens in the world but ultimately all we do is make conversation... in most cases.
its the only thing that we do in our little corner of the world.

apart from charity, dawa, propagation of knowledge or faith.

Who Am I?
04-04-2012, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
i was implying self censorship rather than media censorship.

if that implies that i would hold information from somebody then i guess you are correct.

also the media is not free thinking, its a narrow band of information..

i think you may remember that pic of those Palestinian children being hit by an isrealy car.. it was all over the internet.

there was an al-jazeera video of it actually happening that really skewed my perspective of the whole story.

we are constantly forced to choose sides in somebody elses affairs, its always pushing for somebody elses agenda's and there is usually little positive change.

sure we should care about what happens in the world but ultimately all we do is make conversation... in most cases.
its the only thing that we do in our little corner of the world.

apart from charity, dawa, propagation of knowledge or faith.
Ah. Self-censorship is necessary. The spies of the Enemy are everywhere, and we must remain vigilant so as not to give them an unnecessary advantage.

M.I.A.
04-04-2012, 08:10 PM
more likely that muslims are the minority and if they (the people around you) see islam it is through you.. although the enemy is a constant adversary.

its almost the reverse analogy of the prophet muhammad pbuh, i heard that people he had captured became muslim just by watching him cut his nails.

i have to go to work so it is me that is prisoner for a while.

جوري
04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
The people around me regardless of their 'high education' are so clueless of religion that I was once asked during Ramadan if I were fasting because I am 'Judaic'.. Frankly they can paint us any which way they desire and there's very little we can do to combat their agenda.. also evinced by the high number of hate crimes against Sikhs whom they often mistake for Muslims..

Who Am I?
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Well I have decided that I will not tell anyone around me about my conversion. Instead I want to show the world through my words and deeds that I am a better man than I used to be. My hope is that eventually they will notice this, and if they ask me about it, then I can tell them about how Islam is making me a better person.

They may not accept it, but I figure they will at least listen to the message.

جوري
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
There's a struggle for control and power and it is the history of mankind to oppress one another in an animal like fashion to claim land, booty and maybe on some level spread their own superior ideology although it is not a necessity since the conquerors don't often identify with the 'animals' they slaughter so it is more a personal triumph to put the meaningless symbolism to which they subscribe over places reclaimed.
With a desire to curb down on Muslim population if for no other reason to counteract their own impotence to which they allow multitudes of routes which include promiscuity, sperm donation, homosexual families and every other way where razheela becomes fadeela with whatever that entails of the breakdown of family units. But then again surely you instinctively knew that already...

Sunnie Ameena
04-06-2012, 04:03 PM
That is true, they're forbidding children from going to mosques or learning the Quran even though the population there is 90% Muslims..
Why in the world would they not want a child to go to a Mosque or learn from the Quran?

There are many things that I am not aware of in other countries. Actually since becoming Muslim a year ago, I find myself reading more about what is happening. I do know, that Muslim people are misunderstood by many in the USA. Our country promotes Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion, so how is it that the Muslim are slandered, attacked, mistreated and sometimes worst, because of their Religion. Also, Christians believe that judging someone is against their religion, but that is exactly what they are doing. Grant you, I understand that some of the bad stuff is done by terrorist that are Muslim, but that does not make all Muslims terrorists. Timothy McVee was a Baptist and he blew up the building in Oklahoma City. I think I have posted this before, but if a person can associated Muslims to terrorists, then maybe I should associate all Catholics to molesters, and all Baptist to racist. Of course I would never do that, because I have enough intelligence not to think that way. So what happened to the minds of those that judge Islam? I think our country should practice what they preach.
I hope what I said does not offend anyone, I am truly sorry, but it is very hard to express thoughts in typing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!