/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unusual hobbies?

GodIsAll
04-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Does anyone on here have a unique or unusual hobby?

Let's hear them!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sunnie Ameena
04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I wish I had an unusual or unique hobby. All I do is quilt. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say.

GodIsAll
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Nothing better than a nice quilt! I have so many from my deceased grandmother...they are treasured.

Sooner or later someone will post on here that they collect's politicians' toenail clippings...or something.

Scimitar
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
parkour... does that qualify for unusual? or just plain old crazy?

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
04-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Ermm sorry to tell ya but if i found a cute little tomato or any other vegetable i found cute,funny or strange,i dont let anyone use it.I put them in the corner of refrigirator,name them and call them my pet vegetables :hiding:

Scimitar
04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
do you bury them when they die? ^o);D

Endymion
04-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I never find their dead bodies :hmm: As i leave them alone,my mum use them :cry:

Once i found a really big lemon and i announced it my pet and named it "Pintu".He was residing in the fridge safely but after two days i found it missing :skeleton: My sis told me that the lemonade mummy is drinking right now is made of Pintu :enough!:

GuestFellow
04-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Salaam,

I like to collect ornaments. Here is what I have:

1. A skull.
2. Dark dragon clock.
3. Grim reaper figure.
4. Dagger.
5. Gun ornament (no bullets).
6. Seashells.
7. Small castle ornament.

These ornaments are old. I like the dagger and the gun the most.

EDIT:

8. I have a small sunken ship.

Cabdullahi
04-03-2012, 11:27 AM
order the largest pizza

wait 30 minutes

open the door

throw the money at delivery guy

close the door

slowly slide down the door with your back to it

sit there

devour all slices

clean your mouth

act like nothing has ever happened

throw the pizza box from a distance into the rubbish area

finally, sit down somewhere and do not pay any attention to 'can we have some?' 'why didnt you tell us?' 'did you finish it all?' 'man, you are greedy!' 'how did you do it?'

That's my hobby

Endymion
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Eating pizza all alone is an unforgiving crime :grumbling

Cabdullahi
04-03-2012, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
How would you know?...they dont have pizzas in pakistan

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Hey! Pakistani food is awesome! I cant stop licking my fingers after meals...:p

Endymion
04-03-2012, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
How would you know?...they dont have pizzas in pakistan
Ermm really :unsure: What are they selling at pizza hut then :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
Hey! Pakistani food is awesome! I cant stop licking my fingers after meals...
Every food is awsome if just I dont have to cook it :skeleton:

Cabdullahi
04-03-2012, 05:07 PM

Ermm really :unsure: What are they selling at pizza hut then :hmm:
Pizza hut in pakistan?...oh they sell my personal favorite check it out!

Endymion
04-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Thats Afghani roti :skeleton:

Cabdullahi
04-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Thats Afghani roti :skeleton:
Pakistani pizza

GodIsAll
04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I am not familiar with "parkour"...

GodIsAll
04-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Once i found a really big lemon and i announced it my pet and named it "Pintu".He was residing in the fridge safely but after two days i found it missing My sis told me that the lemonade mummy is drinking right now is made of Pintu
Okay...this had got to be the forerunner for the "Unique and unusual" we're looking for here. Funny as heck and quite cute, though!

GodIsAll
04-03-2012, 05:32 PM
order the largest pizza

wait 30 minutes

open the door

throw the money at delivery guy

close the door
That's so funny because my roommate used to do this in college (on the rare occasion we could afford a pizza). He didn't eat all the pizza, but did it just to leave an impression on the poor delivery guy.

He was a strange and unique individual...

Endymion
04-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Afghani roti or naan is made to eat with Korma.

Pakistani/Desi pizza is besan and aaloo paratha.

:playing:

GodIsAll
04-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Endymion:
Do any of those peices of fruit qualify to be little friends or pets?

One of those tomatoes kind of looks like Ronald Reagan.

AnotherAbdullah
04-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Is blogging considered an unusual hobby? :omg:

JustAnotherAbdullah.wordpress.com <--- Check it out insh'Allah!

Muezzin
04-03-2012, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I am not familiar with "parkour"...
It's also known as free-running. It's really cool.

Here's a YouTube video. Might want to mute it as it has chavvy dance/trance/Streets of Rage music distracting you from the awesome stunts.

GodIsAll
04-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Muezzin: That's amazing. If I were to try that, I'd end up in traction.

Sunnie Ameena
04-04-2012, 12:33 AM
That was an awesome video. Thank you for sharing.

Scimitar
04-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Walters is a legend on the parkour circuits. But yeah, its a fun way to keep fit... especially when the sun breaks out.

I had given up doing martial art for a year already and saw this documentary around 3 or 4yrs ago and got intno it from there...

insha-Allah i can't wait til when the sun really breaks :statisfie and summer hits

Scimi

noorseeker
04-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Probally chappati hut in Pakistan ;D

Snowflake
04-04-2012, 08:19 AM
^Why not. we have McDonalds after all!

;D

Snowflake
04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
I think all my hobbies are quite normal, so I thought I'd post other people's unusual hobbies. This one looks dead boring to me. But each to their own I guess.

If you are a taphophile, you have a keen interest in or passion for cemeteries. Thus, your hobby would include researching,
writing and reading epitaphs; making gravestone rubbings (like Indiana Jones does with that dead knight’s shield in Indiana
Jones and the Last Crusade
); cemetery photography and other art; and, of course, reading up on cemetery history. What fun!

Endymion
04-04-2012, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Endymion:
Do any of those peices of fruit qualify to be little friends or pets?

One of those tomatoes kind of looks like Ronald Reagan.
I only have banana's as my pets.Have you ever seen twin banana's?They are two in one skin.I always announce them my pets and put them in fridge but our maid used to eat them :hmm: Now we have a new maid and twins are now safe :statisfie

I have a few pics of my last pet tomatoes,"Peter and David".I'll upload one later inshallah :statisfie

ardianto
04-04-2012, 09:16 AM
My hobby when I was in grade 5 and 6 in elementary school was "changing texts". I changed some words in article to make it turn into funny article. I did it to my school text books and also my friends texts books. But my friends and my teacher did not angry, even they laugh. My wife and my kids laughed too when they found one of my text book in elementary school.

But actually I got this idea from Dutch comic, Sjors&Sjimie, in episode when Sjors and Sjimie changed the colonel's letter.

marwen
04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
this is what i call an unusual hobby :

GodIsAll
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
Why not. we have McDonalds after all!
This, by itself, would be a plausible reason to omit all western influence.

Hulk
04-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I used to collect caps and hang them on my wall. I had an almost full wall but after a while I dropped that hobby and now i have a cupboard full of caps. First world problems :(

Muezzin
04-04-2012, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
this is what i call an unusual hobby :

I believe our American friends call this 'bobbing for apples'.

I know that our British compatriots call it simply 'bobbing'.

Endymion
04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
And a Pakistani friend just want to know if machine gun is affordable :offended:

ardianto
04-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Scimi
I could not watch "yamakasi" in theater, so I wait this French movie in my TV. Unfortunatelly, TV ran this movie in the midnight. So, when I just watched around fifteen minutes, my wife was angry "when will you go to the bed!" :D

Maybe "Yamakasi" is the first movie about parkour. And if I am not wrong, parkour is the "French art of escape" that popularized by immigrant in France. They jump from a building to other building, climb and down the wall.

-------------------

Pizza hut in pakistan?...oh they sell my personal favorite check it out!

This is not in Pakistan, and not in Afghanistan. People in this photo look like people in Sothern Thailand.

Scimitar
04-05-2012, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Maybe "Yamakasi" is the first movie about parkour.
I loved it.

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
And if I am not wrong, parkour is the "French art of escape" that popularized by immigrant in France. They jump from a building to other building, climb and down the wall.
Kinda... if you watch the Jump London videos on youtube (part one linked in my previous post) you can find out the real reason.

As for Damien Walters style of parkour... that guy is a legend. I'm just a leg end by comparison... but insha-Allah i'll get there... one day:hmm:

Scimi

sister herb
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Salam alaykum

My unusual hobby is collect information to my memory. I read and read and read and also discuss with several different people and try to learn from them. Just today I surprised one my Christian coworker at my office about how much more I knew about they holiday (Easter) than average Christian (even I am muslim) by international and also by local news.

She didn´t even remember name Via Dolorosa.

:embarrass

Also I collect hijabs and cook books.

Cook books mean yummy meals.

:p

Eric H
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi Scimitar;

I have never heard of free running and parkour circuits, but it sure is an amazing way to break a leg or something.

When I was a young lad in my thirties, I rode a fixed wheel bike for a number of years. Its a bike with just one gear, and no freewheel so you have to peddle like mad going down hill; to hit 40mph on the bike meant I had to turn the peddles round at just over 200rpm.
I did a 1200k ride in France which meant I turned the peddles round about 230,000 times in 84 hours. We rode about 150 miles to the start, and another 150 home, meaning I turned the peddles round about 350, 000 times in a week.
When I was a slightly older lad in my forties I rode a penny farthing as you do, it is not difficult or hard falling off, it just hurts when you hit the road. Going over the handlebars is an experience not to be missed, it builds your character.

Is this count as unusual?

Eric

Endymion
04-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok,here is a picture of my pet tomatoes,Peter and David (late).Had to sacrifice them with my own hands :cry:

GodIsAll
04-05-2012, 05:28 PM
RIP David The Tomato!

Okay: I have several pastimes, but the one foreign to most people is...the cultivating and cloning of gourmet mushroom species.

I have a small lab in my house that I built to do all the spores work and sterile procedures. Unfortunately, my wife constantly tries to turn it into a storage room, dragging old things in there and contaminating my cultures. I finally put a lock on the door.

I know, I am a true nerd.

Scimitar
04-05-2012, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Going over the handlebars is an experience not to be missed, it builds your character.
we called them Endo's, because you end up head over heels... and yeah, built character :D, I mean - No one wanted to cry in front of their friends after doing an endo now did they? Endo's looked cool too - straight outta dukes of hazard or the fall guy :D Ah, the fun we had when we were kids. I thank Allah for such a good childhood.

Ok,here is a picture of my pet tomatoes,Peter and David (late).Had to sacrifice them with my own hands :cry:

I pray Allah accepts your sacrifices.

:D

Scimi

Endymion
04-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I pray Allah accepts your sacrifices.
:enough!:

Snowflake
04-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I wasn't in the mood for typing but had a vision..

*pictures Endy's future (skinny) hubby opening fridge to look for something to eat and getting hit by an avalanche of 'saved' vegetables she couldn't bear to chop* ;D

Endymion
04-06-2012, 08:29 AM
E-brothers and sisters must not talk like [my naughty] real siblings :-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!