/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Five Minute Rule

Abu Zainab
04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I was watching this program on Huda TV a few days back. The host was talking about how to tackle laziness and procrastination.

From the many tips that he gave I just remembered one and it really has done wonders for me: 'The Five Minute Rule'.

Its really about tricking yourself to do things you would normally put off for later.

Just tell yourself "let me just spend five minutes on this thing.... it won't hurt".

For example you want to recite one juz' a day and you need say about 30-45 minutes for that. Normally you would try to find those 30-45 minutes from your daily schedule and more often than not you will miss out on the recitation. If you just tell yourself forget the whole juz', let me recite whatever I can in five minutes. Believe me, you will be surprised on what you can achieve by applying this simple technique.

Sometimes you may really get hooked and finish whatever you wanted to do, sometimes maybe half of it or a part of it. But its definitely better than nothing and you end up feeling pleased with yourself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately all this while the only time I applied the "5 minute rule" is to napping!

"I'll nap for 5 minutes", and then I wake up 2 hours later. ;D

just kidding

Ramadan90
04-03-2012, 01:51 PM
I have used this for many years and yes, it works.

White Rose
04-03-2012, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
"I'll nap for 5 minutes", and then I wake up 2 hours later.

just kidding
This has happened to me :hiding:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Zainab
04-09-2012, 07:41 AM
:bump: Bump Bump Bump Bump

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!