/* */

PDA

View Full Version : quick: calling all excel nerds

CosmicPathos
04-03-2012, 02:46 PM
salam

I need some help with microsoft excel charts/graphs. Hopefully some of you here might know more about it.

I want to create a chart with two categories on x axis, lets say "A" and "B".

Now within each category I have a number of numerical values ranging from 1-20. I'd like to plot these numerical values on y axis. I want to see the plot as individual data points in the graph area within the two categories on x axis, not as a column graph or bar graph!

Excel has options for column graph but the problem with columns is that each column representing each numerical value extends up from the x axis to reach its position on y axis. This is messy and not the way I want to present my data.

Any helps? Any other better charting software?

Scimi bro, any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-03-2012, 02:58 PM
wsalam

scatter graphs

CosmicPathos
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM
wsalam,

scatter graphs do show individual data points but the problem with scatter graph is that both x and y axis need to have quantitative data. There simply is no place for "categorical" organization.

My data on x-axis needs to just have categories and all numerical values in y axis.

Anyone?

CosmicPathos
04-04-2012, 03:01 AM
41 views, and a lot of help. :D

allhamdulilllah, I was able to figure it out. Just assigned a numerical value to categories and then drew scatter plots.

jazaks to anyone who helped.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
04-04-2012, 07:37 AM
I think you can do this kind of stuff on minitab

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!