/* */

PDA

View Full Version : has anyone read the hunger games?

Periwinkle18
04-04-2012, 09:36 AM
:sl:

has anyone read this book

is it good ??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
hmm:hmm:

Endymion
04-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I watch a movie preview and that sounds interesting.Didn't know it was based on a novel or something :hmm:

Muezzin
04-04-2012, 06:48 PM
This belongs in Creative Writing and Art. Moving.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
04-04-2012, 07:36 PM
i dont really read books anymore lol

and thats a shame because most islamic literature is still on paper

Periwinkle18
04-04-2012, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I watch a movie preview and that sounds interesting.Didn't know it was based on a novel or something
i watched the movie :( i tried so hard not to buh i couldnt (im trying to stop watching movies, i hope i do soon) cuz im reading the book its interesting n the movie came out so i just watched it :S

CosmicPathos
04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
yea that is what the hype is about these days. Humans are really "hungry". For lotsa things.

Was surprised to see a bearded brotha coming out of the movie show. And I wondered about saying "haraam! haraaam!". But then I stopped when I saw a niqabi in the crowd too. I left with a facepalm.

Periwinkle18
04-04-2012, 08:55 PM
^ well i didnt go to a cinema, i neva go i watched it online :p

n i rarely watch movies as im trying to stop i made a mistake the book was so interesting tht i so wanted to watch the movie :S i do feel bad though :(

CosmicPathos
04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
^ well i didnt go to a cinema, i neva go i watched it online :p

n i rarely watch movies as im trying to stop i made a mistake the book was so interesting tht i so wanted to watch the movie :S i do feel bad though :(
its kay. Allah forgives.
as long as you dont watch it again! :p

sis muslimah
04-04-2012, 09:50 PM
My sister read the book, she said its really good and yh trying to force me to read it hehe

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-05-2012, 12:08 AM
:sl:

has anyone read this book

is it good ??
:w:

I reallly loved the series...read all three books within a week and now I'm reading them a second time slowly! I couldn't put them down. It's the first series that managed to pull me in and hold my attention after Harry Potter. I found the story pretty deep, what Katniss goes through and the decisions she makes, it actually made me think of the themes the Suzanne embedded within the story. I'd recommend you read it. It's a very well told story. The movie was really good too.

Periwinkle18
04-05-2012, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad
I reallly loved the series...read all three books within a week and now I'm reading them a second time slowly! I couldn't put them down. It's the first series that managed to pull me in and hold my attention after Harry Potter. I found the story pretty deep, what Katniss goes through and the decisions she makes, it actually made me think of the themes the Suzanne embedded within the story. I'd recommend you read it. It's a very well told story. The movie was really good too.
lol true it caught my attention afta the HP series... im reading it now n kinda like it, plus its not like those stupid love stories like twilight n all. well i liked the movie too :P was a diff kind of story m liking it...

CosmicPathos
04-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Peri: I'd suggest you to read this. http://www.mafarooqi.com/hoshruba/index.html

you can pick it up from Liberty Books close to you. This is an epic saga.

Periwinkle18
04-05-2012, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
Peri: I'd suggest you to read this. http://www.mafarooqi.com/hoshruba/index.html

you can pick it up from Liberty Books close to you. This is an epic saga.
jazakAllah kayr akhi :) its in urdu rite?? my urdu reading isnt tht good buh i'll read it it'll improve my reading :)

buh afta i finish the hunger games lol its got lots of action n all n i just love tht :p

CosmicPathos
04-05-2012, 04:20 AM
jazakAllah kayr akhi :) its in urdu rite?? my urdu reading isnt tht good buh i'll read it it'll improve my reading :)

buh afta i finish the hunger games lol its got lots of action n all n i just love tht :p
Its in English. He translated over 8000 pages of epicness into English language.

CosmicPathos
04-05-2012, 04:23 AM
In this first translation of this iconic fantasy by Musharraf Ali Farooqi, whose translation of THE ADVENTURES OF AMIR HAMZA was hailed by the international press as a gift to world literature, we enter the magical world of Hoshruba, conjured in the untold past by sorcerers defying the laws of God and the physical world.

Filled with dazzling illusions and occult realms inhabited by powerful sorceresses and diabolic monsters, Hoshruba had a fixed life, and a designated conqueror who would use its magical key to unravel it one day.

I've grown up reading these in Urdu, but English ones are on their way in the mail!

Periwinkle18
04-05-2012, 04:29 AM
In this first translation of this iconic fantasy by Musharraf Ali Farooqi, whose translation of THE ADVENTURES OF AMIR HAMZA was hailed by the international press as a gift to world literature, we enter the magical world of Hoshruba, conjured in the untold past by sorcerers defying the laws of God and the physical world.

Filled with dazzling illusions and occult realms inhabited by powerful sorceresses and diabolic monsters, Hoshruba had a fixed life, and a designated conqueror who would use its magical key to unravel it one day.

I've grown up reading these in Urdu, but English ones are on their way in the mail!
wow cool sounds good to me :) i hav no prob reading in urdu, i like urdu :) buh the kids hea nowadays don't thts sad

Periwinkle18
04-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Its in English. He translated over 8000 pages of epicness into English language.
Wow cool

Tilmeez
04-05-2012, 08:04 AM
It seems members are intentionally creating too much work for Mods.
Nevermind, they have given us a big wipper I just used it :X Deleted a few posts (35 exactly).

Please keep on topic.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-05-2012, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
It seems members are intentionally creating too much work for Mods.
Nevermind, they have given us a big wipper I just used it :X Deleted a few posts (35 exactly).

Please keep on topic.
I can lend some extra hands for you...:D

Tilmeez
04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
I can lend some extra hands for you
hmmm thanks for the offer really appreciated. Will it still be valid if I use those hands for my household works? :hmm: I mean I need more help there :exhausted

Endymion
04-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Was surprised to see a bearded brotha coming out of the movie show. And I wondered about saying "haraam! haraaam!". But then I stopped when I saw a niqabi in the crowd too. I left with a facepalm.
Maybe they were having the idea of "Batil" technology to use it against them :p

i watched the movie :( i tried so hard not to buh i couldnt (im trying to stop watching movies, i hope i do soon) cuz im reading the book its interesting n the movie came out so i just watched it :S
Watching movies is ... Haram ... ermm.. :hiding:

ahaha... :embarrass

who is watching movies ^o)

hmmm thanks for the offer really appreciated. Will it still be valid if I use those hands for my household works? :hmm: I mean I need more help there :exhausted
Off topic post alert :offtopic:

Periwinkle18
04-05-2012, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
who is watching movies
well unfortunately i accidently did...

CosmicPathos
04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I can assure that mods will certainly benefit from my cleaning skills. Safai nisf emaan hai, cleanliness is godliness.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
lol true it caught my attention afta the HP series... im reading it now n kinda like it, plus its not like those stupid love stories like twilight n all. well i liked the movie too :P was a diff kind of story m liking it...
Wait till you get to book 2 and 3, thats where it gets reallly good. Twilight is an insult to literature and cinema lol. But HG has some aspects of love in it, which is pretty cool because its not shallow and actually complements and adds depth to the greater story arc.

Periwinkle18
04-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Wait till you get to book 2 and 3, thats where it gets reallly good. Twilight is an insult to literature and cinema lol. But HG has some aspects of love in it, which is pretty cool because its not shallow and actually complements and adds depth to the greater story arc.
OMG really can't wait to read it!! whts book 2 n 3 called?? lol so true twilight sucks big time... thanks alot lol ppl dun know abt the book hea i've been asking everyone abt it :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-06-2012, 04:06 AM
OMG really can't wait to read it!! whts book 2 n 3 called?? lol so true twilight sucks big time... thanks alot lol ppl dun know abt the book hea i've been asking everyone abt it :p
Np...stop asking ppl about it and start reading! lol. Book 2 is Catching Fire and book 3 is Mockingjay. I'm torn between book 2 and 3 for my favorite of the trilogy, they're both really good! Katniss is amazing!

Periwinkle18
04-06-2012, 04:41 AM
lol i am reading, infact can't stop reading :P i know rite shes awesome i so wanna learn archery now :p in our skool we hav only 3 kinds of sports 1.swimming, 2. archery 3. horse riding m so jealous the kids r gng to b using the bow n arrow i wanna learn :(

Periwinkle18
04-06-2012, 04:50 AM
i talked to my sis abt reading books like these n she said tht it comes in lagh n tht a momin avoids dng lagh she said the choice is mine im so hooked on to it, its really interesting its been ages since i picked up a book like this

Periwinkle18
04-17-2012, 05:42 PM
OMG read the first book!!! its AMAZING lol i planned i'll read the second one in the holidays buh couldnt resist i've read 1 ch already i think.

Wow its really different, m loving it :)

the sad part is i've been looking for the book buh its not available hea fo sum reason so i hav to read it frm my lappy n then get a scolding frm mum in the end :P cuz of my left eye its getting weak n then i get those crazy left side headaches

Insanely.Krazii
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm torn between book 2 and 3 for my favorite of the trilogy
Really?? I loved the first book like crazy and most of the second but then it just started to drag on for me :hmm:

Tilmeez
04-25-2012, 08:07 PM

:Inshallah:

Periwinkle18
04-26-2012, 02:34 AM

:Inshallah:
good one :) srsly its gng to b really hot n plus i'll b working :S

sohail1234
05-22-2013, 05:02 AM
assalam o alikum
i didn't read this book....

Endymion
05-22-2013, 06:36 PM
:wa:

Amazing info for winkly ^o)

:skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!