/* */

View Full Version : How to stay Halal?

Sumaiya54
04-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Asalaamu Aleikum,

I have just converted and am going to wait to tell my parents about my conversion for a few weeks. The thing is, I have to go to a Passover Satyr this weekend where they will have meat that IS NOT kosher (I asked), but I dont really want to act as if I dont like the meat and not eat it. Should I just eat the meat or lie and say I am a vegetarian?

Salaam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-04-2012, 04:53 PM
:sl: sister,
format_quote Originally Posted by Sumaiya54
I have to go to a Passover Satyr
Forgive me but what does Satyr mean in this context I know what the word means but never seen it follow passover.. it is a mock holiday?
If it isn't then you must ask them to stay kosher, otherwise what's the point? No need to lie.. Say you want Kosher/Halal or simply just eat the side dishes..

:w:

tayek1967
04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
About halal, Quran says every part of part. only flow able blood, pit meat & that which don't take name of Allah. Friend, I share with you as simply. wish u good luck. thanks.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
04-11-2012, 11:24 AM
how old are you? I ask because if you still live with parents its pretty challenging and its different to stay halal vs you living on your own. If you don't live with them, just don't eat the meat. For me personally, it was a process with my family. At first i used to say meat made me sick and that i stopped eating it after certain times of the day, eventually when they all got used to the idea that I'm a muslim, I started to explain why i don't eat meat at their gatherings and even though they don't like what I do, they accept it. Make it easy for them too though, if ur a convert it will benefit u in the long run the more peaceful u make things, inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
04-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't eat the meat.

Be polite about it, but firm. And ask Allah to help you through this trial most of all.

Insha-Allah, you will be ok.

Scimi

dqsunday
04-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Isn't it just pork, blood and carrion that are forbidden in the Holy Qur'an? I am quite new to Islam myself and I know even less about the Jewish faith, other than they cannot eat meat from certain parts of animals or something like that. From what I have read, you can eat these forbidden items if no other choice (ie you are forced to eat it or you are starving and its either eat it or die, then Allah will allow you to eat it)

My suggestion at this dinner, eat a large salad, soup, the sides and then just be too full to enjoy the meat, or only ask for very little of it or say you are saying room for dessert.

Sumaiya54
04-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks everyone for answering the meat was kosher after all and kosher meat is Halal!

Salaam :)

dqsunday
04-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Glad to hear everything went well. Amazing how Allah works ;)

True-blue
04-21-2012, 08:28 AM
How to stay Halal?

Well, I thing the best thing to do is get more involved with 'friends' who stay Halal.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!