/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Christian girl who is going to convert soon!

cd475
04-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Hello ! I am a 22 year old social work student hoping to convert soon. My boyfriend is muslim (yes I know this is a forbidden relationship), we've been dating for 4 years now. He is from Peshawar, Pakistan and he is pashto but his ancestors originate from iran so he's persian. When we first started dating I never wanted to convert in fact I was afraid of this religion due to media etc..Now I see how the media tries to make islam bad and tries to mislead people and I believe has mislead christians also. I have accepted Islam in my heart not just for marriage because I never wanted to convert till recently. I have been receiving signs lately from god. I stopped drinking and eating pork a while ago at my boyfriends request but now these signs have shown me the real reasons why pork is bad, alcohol is bad, why islam is the truth. I wont go into too many details of all the signs that have been given to me but it was enough to get me to read the Quran and now believe in it. I listened to the azan and I cried for an hour replaying it on youtube and I felt this was a very spiritual magical moment for me. I love him but now i love his religion too.

I want to convert asap, we are planning marriage soon maybe in a year once he is financially stable. We have such similar morals views on life, I have not ever seen a perfect couple like us we just like to spend all our time together cooking, going for walks we have the same goals and interests in life.

its just hard because he has to hide me from his family so how can i learn about islam when i have to be hidden from the muslim community here? Also some muslims here do not behave properly like a true muslim they are very racist towards white women especially. His parents hate white people and black people....

So i joined this forum hopefully to get information and support from fellow muslims who hopefully will welcome me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TrueStranger
04-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Salaam Aliakum

Wlc to the board cd475:welcome:. May Allah guide you to Islam and keep you steadfast upon the right Path.

It's not wise to get married to a guy who is not ready to introduce you to his family. If you are going to marry him then it is in your best interest to establish a marriage that is at least known by his family and yours. Whether they acknowledge or accept your relationship is another matter.

I would advice you to focus on Islam and your relationship with God, and give yourself enough time to make life changing decisions such as marriage.

Crystal
04-05-2012, 10:37 PM
That is wonderful to hear that you are finding Islam to be the true religion. I am also a convert. Islam firstly does not allow racism so even if his parents hold these views you must know that it is not part of Islam. Secondly, I also advise you to concentrate on your relationship with God - it is not a good sign that you have been in a relationship 4 years and have not been introduced to his family I know it sounds blunt but honestly the guy should make up his mind about whether he wants to marry you by now and stop hiding you as he clearly is ashamed of what he is doing and knows it is wrong but if he really loves you then he should marry you instead of encouraging you to commit a sin which he would certainly know about more than you perhaps.

I really hope that you will find the right way to Islam and as you said you gave up things for your boyfriend before but then you saw wisdom behind them from Islamic point of view so I do hope you find the wisdom behind why relationships are not advised in Islam. May Allah guide you.

cd475
04-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Hello!Salaam Aliakum

I have met his mother and his brother and sister. I have not yet met his dad because his father is very strict. His mother approves of me as long as i convert and his brother and his G/F are great friends with me and him. his G/f is muslim. His brother had an arranged marriage however he was in love with someone else and didnt want it...now that girl is moved back t pakistan and they will divorce. I feel so terribly sad for her.....however now their parents have learned they cannot force them to marry anyone it will not work so his parents will be more accepting of me hopefully....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cd475
04-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Yes but i understand to you guys its a bad sign i have not been introduced to his family but his mom likes me she says i am not allowed at his house untill we are married because its a bad example for his younger sister.....anyways... We are both young and we want to make sure everything is good and stable before we get married...so he is going to propose once i am done school.....

Hulk
04-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums! Thank you for sharing your story and I hope that having numerous people giving their opinions won't put you off enjoying yourself here, some people might express their view more strongly than others. it's normal in forums :statisfie.

I'm glad that you are interested in converting, have you gone for any actual courses on Islam? It might be very useful since you can ask any questions that might spark off in your mind to the teacher. The problem with asking questions in a forum is that sometimes you get a flood of different answers and it might be hard to tell which are from knowledgable people and which are from randomly answer guy.

It's true what you say about the media's portrayal of muslims but at the same time some muslim's aren't helping either. The fact is that sometimes muslims are just like any other people from other religions, some barely know anything about their own religion.

Well anyway welcome to the forums :statisfie

tigerkhan
04-06-2012, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
I would advice you to focus on Islam and your relationship with God, and give yourself enough time to make life changing decisions such as marriage.
i agreed with this line..... learn islam deeply, its good u leave pork or drink but islam is just not limited to it, it has very deep message for us. hope u will be benefited by ur stay here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!