/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Books

GuestFellow
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
:sl:

I know many Muslims that tend to download Islamic books rather than buy them. It is expensive to make these books and I doubt Muslims are helping when they are downloading these books for free. Muslims should buy these books rather than downloading them for free. The money used will help the author to make more books and his business expand.

I'm aware knowledge ought to be available to everyone, but if you can afford it, then you should buy it. So share your views.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Almehdi
09-14-2021, 01:12 AM
Absolutely agree! Also not all books are necessarily expensive. If you are in the USA, surely you can afford to spend about $15-20 per year for your kids Islamic education. There is a wonderful set of books called Weekend Learning Islamic Studies series with books just in that price range starting from Level Kindergarten to Level 11-12. We spend so much on so many wasteful things - movies, games, tv, amazon prime, etc - surely we can spend $15-20 on our children's education instead of relying on downloaded books.

You can get the books directly from the publishers to get the best prices even - just visit https://weekendlearning.com (for USA) or https://albarakahbooks.com (for Canada)

Yunussalaf
09-14-2021, 06:37 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم والصلاة والسلام على نبينا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه أجمعين

It certainly depends on what Islamic books and knowledge the author wants to spread. Unfortunately there is a lot of trash and useless writing which is called islamic but in fact it is against the correct methodology of the Qur'an and Sunnah as understood by the salaf us saleh (the pious predecessors). So I would definitely support the authors of authentic and pure islamic books, otherwise I am happy that one can download for free and check out whether the text is correct first before giving money to some deviated Muslim association.

Generally it is true that knowledge should be free and accessible to everyone. It is an interesting subject which touches upon copyright and the ruling on that. It also touches upon the author's intention which will obviously be more pure the less he or she requests. Like the question about giving wages to the Imam of the masjid or Qur'an teacher. Another interesting subject. As far as I know then it is fine to give a salary to the Imam but there is a difference of opinion about having a fixed moathin (caller to prayer). In Kuwait for example the Ministry of Islamic Affairs always gives a fixed salary to both an Imam and a moathin.

Another issue about books is those which are printed with a thick cover and gold decorations. This makes it much more expensive and this is also mentioned as a sign of the End times. Unfortunately Muslims have a very bad habit of decorating these books in very expensive gold and color coverings which may look good on the shelf. But maybe that is just as far as these beautiful books goes i.e. they never leave the shelf or are opened rarely. Instead you find even a big shaikh using his smartphone. So maybe it is better to purchase the book and study it thoroughly because our modern world wants us to do everything in a hurry and be connected to the internet constanntly. Reading a traditional book with ink and paper seems almost out of time and place.

Thanks for post.

And Allah Knows Best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!