/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims in Uzbekistan

GuestFellow
04-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Salaam,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w097...feature=relmfu

^ This is how Muslims are treated in Uzbekistan.

It's only approximately 10 minutes and it's extremely important for Muslims to understand what is going on in Uzbekistan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
04-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Very sad that anyone is capable of such things, let alone so called Muslims to other Muslims.

Insaanah
04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
:sl:

12 April 2012 Last updated at 01:19

Uzbekistan's policy of secretly sterilising women

By Natalia Antelava BBC World Service

The BBC has been told by doctors that Uzbekistan is running a secret programme to sterilise women - and has talked to women sterilised without their knowledge or consent.

Adolat has striking looks, a quiet voice and a secret that she finds deeply shameful.

She knows what happened is not her fault, but she cannot help feeling guilty about it.

Adolat comes from Uzbekistan, where life centres around children and a big family is the definition of personal success. Adolat thinks of herself as a failure.

"What am I after what happened to me?" she says as her hand strokes her daughter's hair - the girl whose birth changed Adolat's life.

"I always dreamed of having four - two daughters and two sons - but after my second daughter I couldn't get pregnant," she says.

She went to see a doctor and found out that she had been sterilised after giving birth to her daughter by Caesarean section.

"I was shocked. I cried and asked: 'But why? How could they do this?' The doctor said, 'That's the law in Uzbekistan.'"

Sterilisation is not, officially, the law in Uzbekistan.

But evidence gathered by the BBC suggests that the Uzbek authorities have run a programme over the last two years to sterilise women across the country, often without their knowledge.... (continued in link)

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17612550

Another quote from the article:

Until recently Uzbek President Islam Karimov was a pariah in the West, but in recent years both the US and the EU have lifted sanctions, including a US ban on arms sales.

This is apparently related to America's worsening relationship with Pakistan and Nato's increased use of routes through Central Asia, including Uzbekistan, to get supplies and troops in and out of Afghanistan.

GuestFellow
04-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Salaam,

Karimov and his supporters deserve to rot in hell.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!