/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A New Sister Arrives

dqsunday
04-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Salaam all:

I am new to the boards and new to Islam. I have converted over to Islam for maybe a month now and I am finding the change in my life very wonderful. I look forward to learning more about Islam, how to be a proper Muslim and just enjoying all the wonders there are in Islam and the world around me. I have so much to learn just to get the basics and I am taking each step slowly. There are definitely hurtles I have to leap over and I am working my way through them. Even in the short time I have been a Muslim I have made progress.

Given my background was pretty much...non religious, to once more embrace religion with a passion far greater than any I had looked into in the past, or even the one i was born/raised to be in, its quite a feat in itself in my opinion. My family is predominately Christian/Catholic. My folks are non practicing, and I had turned my back on it almost as soon as I learned I didn't have to go to the church anymore if I didn't want to. As for the rest of my family, most are a mix of fairly active in church to indifferent. To my knowledge anyway. None are Muslims, unless some have converted and I just haven't found out yet. Letting my parents know of the change of my faith is one of the hurtles I have facing me.

Learning the prayers in English is another that is taking time...that and praying at least once a day. (decided to focus on praying once a day, till I have the main prayers memorized then add two prayers per day, memorize the differences etc) till I am praying 5 times a day. By then I will have all the prayers themselves memorized, and the various postures required. Once I am at this stage, then I will see about memorizing the Arabic verses. Watching/listening to it in a series of videos on you tube on how to do the various prayers..certainly is helping me. That and after listening to it a few times I can actually 'hear' it in m head, even if all I can really do at this point is sort of hum the 'tune'...the words will take awhile longer, in Arabic anyway.

So much to learn.... but baby steps is the way to go.

Just like the act of joining Islam, proclaiming to Allah your heart felt intention to embrace the Qur'an and see him as the one true God and no gods or other things/people are His equal nor should be worshiped instead of him, Allah forgives all your past sins, and you come into Islam like a new born baby, innocent and with a clean slate. Even as an adult, you have to learn step by step, just as a newborn and growing baby learns.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
04-10-2012, 12:57 AM
:wa:

Welcome to Islam sis ;D

may Allah reward you and makes prayers easy for you.
Remember us in your dua , you are almost like a sinless angel now .

Hope to see u around , take care :)

Amat Allah
04-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh honey,

welcome home amongst your brothers and sisters O precious and dear member of our family ^_^

whenever you need anything just ask away in shaa Allah and we wil try our best to help ya after Allah

May Allah love ya Be pleased with ya and Be your guider always Ameeeeen

Humbly; your sister:

Amat Allah.

Snowflake
04-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wb dear sister,

Congrats on your reversion and Welcome to your new family and our forums! :muslimah:May Allah always keep you in the shade of His love, mercy and forgiveness. Ameen Ya Rabb :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
04-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Allahu Akbar welcome to IB Sister!!!

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing with us. I enjoyed reading it

May Allah swt keep you guided, healthy, happy and at peace all the time. Ameen

May Allah swt guide your love ones too

Sunnie Ameena
04-10-2012, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Learning the prayers in English is another that is taking time...that and praying at least once a day. (decided to focus on praying once a day, till I have the main prayers memorized then add two prayers per day, memorize the differences etc) till I am praying 5 times a day. By then I will have all the prayers themselves memorized, and the various postures required. Once I am at this stage, then I will see about memorizing the Arabic verses. Watching/listening to it in a series of videos on you tube on how to do the various prayers..certainly is helping me. That and after listening to it a few times I can actually 'hear' it in m head, even if all I can really do at this point is sort of hum the 'tune'...the words will take awhile longer, in Arabic anyway.
So much to learn.... but baby steps is the way to go.

Asalam Alaikum Sister
I wish I had of started with baby steps too, but once I converted last year, I just plunged right in. Then I felt overwhelmed and stopped for a few months. Then I finally thought, I need to take baby steps, and it sure has made a difference. I too am only doing the one prayer a day, but through out the day, I say what I have memorized. Then after I have memorized the entire prayer, then my next step is going to be remembering how many units per prayer time. Allah is patient and loving and understands as we are learning that it will take a little while to get it. I was told once, that even people that were born into Islam are always learning. So I am ready to learn forever. May Allah bless you. Sunnie Ameena

Haya emaan
04-10-2012, 02:18 PM
walaikum assalam

welcome to islam sister and also welcome to the forum

hope you will have a beneficial stay here

may Allah makes this new life easy for you...ameen

~Zaria~
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Assalamu-alaikum my dear sister in Islam,

Your story, as does every other story from those who have returned to the true deen (religion) - fills my heart with so much joy and amazement (at Allah's mercy upon us).

It is a BLESSING from your Creator upon you, that He has guided you towards the Him.....the ultimate blessing on this earth!
There is no greater gift that exists for mankind, but imaan.

There is always something new to learn on this journey of life and faith - even for those who were born into Islam (in fact, too often - those who are born muslim, take their imaans for granted, so much so, that its often much later in life, if at all, that we realise just how little we know.....)

Im sure that you will find many useful threads on this forum to keep you busy reading, and learning for a while!
Alhamdulillah.

Welcome to the forum, and dont hesitate to ask when in doubt.

Insha Allah, there are many here who are more than happy to lend a helping hand to our brothers and sisters.

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Wa Alaaykum AsSalaam dqsunday,

:welcome: to the forum!

I hope you enjoy yourself here and find the forum beneficial towards yourself, inshaa'Allaah..

masha'Allaah at your intro, may Allaah SWT increase you in 'knowledge, strength, patience and also keep you steadfast upon his beautiful deen, Aameen.

dqsunday
04-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Thank you all for your warm welcome and I look forward to learning more about Islam from this forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!