/* */

PDA

View Full Version : End Outsourcing and Bring American Jobs Home - Please Sign Petition

Snowflake
04-10-2012, 07:38 AM
As the title says...

Article

Fellow Americans: Greetings. As you well know, despite a 700 billion dollar bailout, the economy and job growth is still faltering at a drastic rate in the United States of America. Part of the reason for this is that many corporations seeking to turn a fast dollar are investing with China instead of the US. This is because China is engaging in the economic policy of holding down the value of its currency, the Yuan, in comparison to the Dollar. It's as if all of China is 'on sale'. Corporations' only obligation is to their bottom line. Keeping this in mind it's easy to see why they would invest so heavily overseas. With the value of Chinese currency so low compared to ours and the fact that US corporations are not obligated to pay foreigners American mininum wages it is not likely that the businesses currently investing in China will invest anywhere else unless something is done.

In order to stop our jobs from hemmorhaging away overseas something needs to be done about outsourcing. This petition asks Congress to pass legislation making it harder for greedy corporations to rob Americans of their right to work. There are a number of things that can be done by changing the outsourcing laws. They include: Creating taxes on outsourced labor that would force corporations to pay the same amount for labor aboard as they would for labor at home. Forcing corporations to pay American minimum wages to foreigners. Outlaw Outsourcing altogether and gradually return our infrastructure to the US.

We will let Congress decide which decision out of many is best, or which combination, but we MUST express our disgust with the situation. Otherwise corporations and the polititians in their pockets will continue to treat themselves to discount labor overseas while the rest of us continue to suffer privations and poverty.

Sign petition at: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/e...can-jobs-home/

Please support to keep jobs in our countries. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
04-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I hope people are voting. Remember no jobs. No medical insurance. No home. No nothing. And job loss is expected to rise. Please vote.

A future without jobs...

Futuwwa
04-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Capitalism at work as usual.

truthseeker63
04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Good topic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truthseeker63
04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
In my view Capitalism will always ship Jobs overseas.

Snowflake
04-11-2012, 01:31 PM
^I'm not sure. I think there will come a point when governments will be forced to do it or face total economic collapse.

• signatures: 50 Only 50 signatures?! PLEASE sign! Not signing could mean you're literally signing your future away.
  • signature goal: 1,000,000

The government, big business, and the common working man are all aware of the dilemma of our failing economy. More than a few of us have been forced to turn to unemployment, state and federal aid, and we are still losing our jobs, houses, cars, etc.. I say that we should take a stand. In the face of an ever expanding deficit we should unite as a country and take back what is ours. We have big businesses outsourcing thousands of jobs every day, and every day there are more companies turning to outsourcing to try to stay afloat. The fact is it's cheaper to pay someone in a country where our dollar is worth more than theirs. The problem is, with the jobs going over seas we have no work here. With no work here, we have no money. With no money, we cannot stimulate our own economy. Now I pose this question, "What are we willing to do about it?" I think we should force these businesses to bring our jobs back. We should do whatever it takes, boycotting, petitions, anything we can think of. Let%u2019s get our jobs back, let’s get our economy back, and let’s make MADE IN AMERICA mean something again! Let's bring jobs back home and keep ourselves afloat in this economy! We need to be a self-sufficient country and we need to turn our economy around for the benefit of everyone! Join and let's get the ball rolling!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/end-outsourcing-now/

Both sides on this issue and all those who try to navigate a middle road between the two sides, have some valid points. It is true that outsourcing has led to job loss in the US, and has had a detrimental effect on those people who may be only minimally qualified to work. It’s also the case that there are plenty of skilled labor jobs being outsourced to foreign countries. The loss is not only to people with minimal job skills.
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-does-out...us-economy.htm

America is outsourcing, which means that millions of high-paying manufacturing jobs are lost because it is cheaper to have things made in China, India, and Mexico then in the US.

http://www.businessknowledgesource.c...le_026747.html

BPO industry not worried by Obama's call to end outsourcing

MANILA, Philippines - With at least 50% of the call centers in the country having US clients, it is expected that President Barack Obama's move to attract businesses to bring jobs back home will effect on the Philippine business process outsourcing industry (BPO).
However, the Business Processing Association of the Philippines remains confident that the country's booming BPOs will not be affected by Obama's call to end outsourcing of jobs abroad.

BPAP spokesman Martin Crisostomo said business process outsourcing is already part of globalization and a part of a global business model.
According to Crisostomo, while it used to be that outsourcing is a means of survival, now its part of businesses' means of competition.
"Maaaring nabigla lang sila dahil mayroon silang mga challenges. Ang aming pananaw is 'outsourcing is here to stay'," he said.
In his State of the Union address, Obama said it was time to stop rewarding companies that ship jobs overseas, and instead start rewarding companies that create jobs in America.

"If you're a business that wants to outsource jobs, you shouldn't get a tax deduction for doing it. That money should be used to cover moving expenses for companies like Master Lock that decide to bring jobs home," Obama said.
Call center workers have mixed feelings about Obama's statement and its possible effect on their jobs.
"Confident kami na di naman matutuloy yun kasi unang-una, yun quality ng service ng mga Pinoy mataas talaga," Dran Ogbac, a call center supervisor, said.

Lawrence Marquez, a call center agent, is worried this will affect his job.
Cristostomo insisted that outsourced jobs in the Philippines do not steal jobs from US citizens, but is a way for US companies to expand and create jobs in their country.

Nevertheless, the BPAP will continue to closely monitor the situation in the US.
The Philippines is already number 1 in call centers worldwide, followed by India. It is also number 2 in voice and non-voice outsourcing. - Reporting by Alvin Elchico, ABS-CBN News

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/...nd-outsourcing

Conversely, an “outsourcing tax” should be introduced to discourage businesses from sending jobs overseas and companies that continue to outsource will be barred from earning income in U.S. markets.
http://www.the99declaration.org/end_...y_manipulation
^If this was done and outsourcing was limited if not banned altogether, then that might just be the best solution for everyone.

Snowflake
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Edit: multiple posts

Snowflake
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Edit: Database error caused multiple posts :\

Snowflake
04-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Edit: multiple posts

Futuwwa
04-12-2012, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Obviously. Most American fanboys of Capitalism praise the system and flatter themselves with how well they make it in it, little realizing how it can hit back at them.

Who Am I?
04-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Heh.

That's the first time I've seen the word "fanboy" used to describe anything other than supporters of a certain video game corporation....

Bonus points for Futuwwa...

Sunnie Ameena
04-12-2012, 06:58 PM
My view on the bailouts, is this....the bailout should have been given to the people and then the people could pay off their debts and then the companies that got the money really would not have needed it. Instead, they gave money to companies to fix their problems, and then where are the people, they are still in the hole. This is suppose to be the people's government, but yet, we are the ones suffering, while the ones sitting in fancy chairs in fancy and expensive buildings, enjoying the heating or cooling, are doing what they want. Let them stay a week in a home without a/c, or heat, with very little food. They only helped one side, but if they would have helped us, then in turn it would have benefitted two. And then the people would have most of their bills paid off, and then the housing market would have picked up, and people could start buying cars again. In my opinion, the economy would have picked up, maybe not completely fixed, but it would have been a start.

Abdul-Raouf
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I think.. americans of the developed USA ...cant work like the asians ...

TrueStranger
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Why don't they just ship American workers overseas as well. ;D

joedawun
04-12-2012, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Really? What exactly do you mean and what makes you "think" that?

جوري
04-13-2012, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by joedawun
Really? What exactly do you mean and what makes you "think" that?
Not many Americans would be happy 7 to a room working 12 hour shifts for pennies.. I presume is what he meant.. but unfortunately the problem Americans are facing is faced by most people in the world :

a Fatimid Empire tradition is dissolving in face of chinese made products..

joedawun
04-13-2012, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
Not many Americans would be happy 7 to a room working 12 hour shifts for pennies.. I presume is what he meant.. but unfortunately the problem Americans are facing is faced by most people in the world :
Of course not. Those types of working conditions should not exist for anyone anywhere, but sadly they do. Anyway I thought he might be referring to the types of jobs that are being outsourced...skilled professional, tech oriented or maybe call center jobs are the types of jobs that come to mind. Perhaps Abdul-Raouf will clarify what he means.

Who Am I?
04-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Goody goody... It's Multi-quote time!

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Why don't they just ship American workers overseas as well. ;D
I would volunteer for that. Send me to India, man. Good food, good music, I like the culture.. and plenty of opportunity to learn Hindi and Urdu. Not to mention all of the brown women I like... ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie Ameena
My view on the bailouts, is this....the bailout should have been given to the people and then the people could pay off their debts and then the companies that got the money really would not have needed it. Instead, they gave money to companies to fix their problems, and then where are the people, they are still in the hole. This is suppose to be the people's government, but yet, we are the ones suffering, while the ones sitting in fancy chairs in fancy and expensive buildings, enjoying the heating or cooling, are doing what they want. Let them stay a week in a home without a/c, or heat, with very little food. They only helped one side, but if they would have helped us, then in turn it would have benefitted two. And then the people would have most of their bills paid off, and then the housing market would have picked up, and people could start buying cars again. In my opinion, the economy would have picked up, maybe not completely fixed, but it would have been a start.
This is almost exactly what I said when the government was handing out bailouts like they were going out of style. Why didn't the government pay off my debts? I have money problems too, along with a lot of other people, but where is our bailout? Why are we still expected to pay our debts when the big banks and corporations have their debts forgiven and are rewarded for it?

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
I think what the brother means is that we in the USA have become spoilt and lazy. There is an entire generation now that expects to be given everything without having to work for it. They have a sense of entitlement to things that they have not earned and do not deserve. It is even starting to creep into my generation as well, with all of the "Occupy" protestors demanding government handouts.

Yeah, because having a government that is already going broke spending more money is EXACTLY what we need right now... :hmm:

Mister Agenda
04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I think the bailouts were misguided, but sometimes outsourcing gets a bad rap. If the USA forbade outsourcing, would that not be a provocation to other countries to stop outsourcing jobs to the USA. It's not a one-way street. Many foriegn companies have plants or other businesses in the USA that employ tens of thousands of us. They open businesses here to shorten their supply lines to the American market or to take advantage of specific skill sets readily available here. It's the nature of business to seek the best deals. Sometimes we're the best deal, sometimes somewhere else is. I don't begrudge workers in India (for instance) doing jobs better or cheaper than they can be done in the USA.

Futuwwa
04-20-2012, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
a Fatimid Empire tradition is dissolving in face of chinese made products..
And this is a problem? Nobody is forcing Egyptians to buy cheap Chinese lanterns. If the Egyptian lanterns disappear due to competition, it's an indication that Chinese lanterns give customers better value for their money. If not, then there is value in Egyptian lanterns that Chinese don't have. In either case, the Egyptian consumer wins.

Futuwwa
04-20-2012, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
I think what the brother means is that we in the USA have become spoilt and lazy. There is an entire generation now that expects to be given everything without having to work for it. They have a sense of entitlement to things that they have not earned and do not deserve. It is even starting to creep into my generation as well, with all of the "Occupy" protestors demanding government handouts.
If you think that's an accurate description of who the Occupiers are and what motivates them, I suggest you start paying attention to what they actually say rather than let conservative culture explain it to you. You've come some way in rejecting the lies spouted by the system, but you still have way to go.

Who Am I?
04-20-2012, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
If you think that's an accurate description of who the Occupiers are and what motivates them, I suggest you start paying attention to what they actually say rather than let conservative culture explain it to you. You've come some way in rejecting the lies spouted by the system, but you still have way to go.
Well, every day is a struggle for self-improvement. I don't ever want to be satisfied with who I am. I want to keep getting better every day.

You've given me a reminder of that, and I appreciate that.

truthseeker63
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Is the U.S. Government Sending Jobs Overseas?

By Bruce Watson Posted 11:30PM 10/26/10 Posted under: Economy, Media

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/10/...shoring-rises/

truthseeker63
04-30-2012, 01:30 PM
America has been hi-jacked by a group of evil criminal thugs with a sinister global agenda. They don't care about America or it's citizens, they only care about power and wealth! They have sold out America by allowing manufacturing jobs to leave to Mexico, China and all around the world. Washington leaders have been lobbied (paid-off through lawyers) to look the other way. The newsmedia (which is owned by the big corporations) has been lying to us for decades.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...alex_jones.htm

Pat Buchanan's Speech on Free Trade Given to C.F.R
by PATRICK J. BUCHANAN

Address to the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations

November 18, 1998
To [the] new corporate elite, putting America first betrays a lack of loyalty to the company. Some among our political elite share this view. Here is Strobe Talbott, Clinton's roommate at Oxford and architect of his Russian policy: "All countries," said Talbott in 1991, "are basically social arrangements...No matter how permanent and even sacred they may seem at any one time, in fact they are all artificial and temporary...within the next hundred years...nationhood as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority".... This is the transnational elite, our new Masters of the Universe.

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/read.freetrade.html

truthseeker63
04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Government destroys jobs; the market creates jobs

Q: With regards to jobs, how are you going to turn this country around?
PAUL: Government destroys jobs; the market creates jobs. So the government isn't going to be expected to create the jobs; they have to change the environment. But you can't do that unless you understand where the depression, recessions come from, and you can't understand that unless you know where the bubbles come from. I've been arguing this case for 20 years and warning about bubbles and housing bubbles and NASDAQ bubbles. And a lot of other economists have been doing the same thing. Until we understand that, you can't solve the problem. You have to deal with the Federal Reserve system. You have to deal with free markets. And you have to deal with the tax program and the regulatory system. Then you can get your jobs, because the people will create the jobs, not the government. Source: 2011 GOP Google debate in Orlando FL , Sep 22, 2011

http://www.issues2000.org/2012/Ron_Paul_Jobs.htm

Government is run by corporations, lobbyists

Posted: Sun, Mar 21, 2010 : 7:39 a.m.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/opinion...ons-lobbyists/

truthseeker63
04-30-2012, 01:36 PM
How Corporations Influence the Government
© Marc A Triebwasser, 1998

http://www.polisci.ccsu.edu/trieb/InfluGov.html

Futuwwa
04-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Can someone tell me why Americans are more deserving of jobs than Chinese or Indians?

UnitedStates#1
05-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Brings a tear to my eye that my great United States is falling. I agree with some of the above posts - It's the idiots shipping jobs to Mexico, India and China.
I hope we get out of this debt and economic downturn.

UnitedStates#1
05-09-2012, 02:35 PM
You have my signature

LauraS
05-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Can someone tell me why Americans are more deserving of jobs than Chinese or Indians?
I think it's more a case of jobs being taken out of the country at a time of unemployment. Surely the government should look to the interests of its own people first? No one's saying Indian or Chinese people don't deserve jobs.

Futuwwa
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS
I think it's more a case of jobs being taken out of the country at a time of unemployment. Surely the government should look to the interests of its own people first? No one's saying Indian or Chinese people don't deserve jobs.
Well, not everyone agrees that trying to force the jobs to stay in the country actually serves the benefit of the people. As in, the whole of the people, not just the few whose jobs are on the line.

Futuwwa
05-10-2012, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UnitedStates#1
Brings a tear to my eye that my great United States is falling. I agree with some of the above posts - It's the idiots shipping jobs to Mexico, India and China.
They're not idiots, they're simply following the ideology of capitalism - "maximizing shareholder value" - and doing exactly what economic theory presumes they will do.

independentDEM
05-11-2012, 02:15 AM
this is crony corporate capitalism. America's founding fathers sought to protect against this with tariffs and public licenses to corporations. Back then we were a nation of shop keepers where many owned their owned business and controlled their own destiny. Now we are a nation of Wal-Marts beholden to those far far away on Wall Street...

Futuwwa
05-12-2012, 08:33 PM
There is much crony capitalism going on in the USA, but outsourcing isn't it. It's free trade.

truthseeker63
05-18-2012, 04:41 AM
I am not saying that only American Workers deserve Jobs but American Corporations founded in America by Americans should not be outsourcing Jobs to other Nations I would say the samething for Japanese Workers.

truthseeker63
05-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Japanese Corporations should not be outsourcing the Jobs of Japanese Workers either.

CosmicPathos
05-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Japanese Corporations should not be outsourcing the Jobs of Japanese Workers either.
why not? American companies can do whatever they wish, as long as it is not unethical. It includes outsourcing for cheap labor and hence increased profits.

Futuwwa
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Comparative advantage.

Look. It. Up.

This kind of fetishism towards jobs as some ultimate good and an end in itself is quite absurd.

truthseeker63
05-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Well I can not defend the greed of Corporate America and their desire for slave labor and to put profits before the common good.

Greed, Greed and More Greed

by Rep. Bernie Sanders

Sanders Scoop newsletter, Summer 2002

There is a cancer eating away at the heart of corporate America and its name is "greed." It is becoming increasingly apparent that many large corporations will do anything, legal or otherwise, to fatten the already huge compensation packages of their CEOs. As we have seen in recent years these corporations lie about their financial statements, cheat or move abroad to avoid paying their fair share of taxes, cut the pensions and health benefits of their employees and throw loyal workers out on the street as they move their plants to China. At the same time many of them line up for billions in corporate welfare from the federal government.

Let's be clear. We're not just talking about a "few bad apples" such as Worldcom, Enron, Xerox, Adelphia, Tyco, Global Crossing, and Arthur Anderson. According to a recent study by the Huron Consulting Group, over the past five years nearly 1,000 companies were forced to correct their financial statements.

The "greed culture" in corporate America today is now out of control. Some examples: Lou Gerstner, former CEO of IBM, received $366 million over the last five years and an extremely generous pension plan, while cutting back on the retirement and health care benefits of his employees. C.A. Heimbold, Jr., former Chairman and CEO of BristolMyers Squibb Co. received compensation of $74,890,918 in 2001 and has stock options worth $76,095,611, while senior citizens are suffering and dying because they can't afford the outrageously high prices for the prescription drugs that his company sells. GE, which has laid off tens of thousands of American workers as they move jobs abroad, provided their three top executives with $550 million in salary, stock options and executive benefits in 2000. Jack Welch, former GE CEO, receives a pension of almost $10 million annually for the rest of his life.

At Worldcom, bankrupt and under investigation for manipulating their
financial statements, CEO Bemard Ebbers received personal loans from the company
for $408 million that has not yet been paid back. At Enron, also bankrupt and
under investigation, CEO Lou Pai cashed in $353 million in stock options. And on
and on it goes.

Let's be clear, however. It's not only the illegal behavior of multinational
corporations that Americans are outraged at. It's the legal but immoral behavior
of corporate America as well. In the United States today, CEOs of major
corporations make over 500 times what their employee earn, a gap that has
increased dramatically in recent years and is far higher than in any other
country.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Po...d_Sanders.html

truthseeker63
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Fundamentals of Islamic Economic SystemBy Dr. Muhammad Sharif Chaudhry
CHAPTER 20
ISLAM AND OTHER ECONOMIC SYSTEMS

http://www.muslimtents.com/shaufi/b16/b16_20.htm

truthseeker63
05-28-2012, 12:15 PM
CAPITALISM IS USURY
Posted By: tenavision
Date: Friday, 13-Sep-2002 01:28:08

This exactly describes the world right now. Read it and weep.
Subject: Curse of Ignorance There is a widespread misconception with regards to the true nature of capitalism, which has largely been bought about by an uncritical acceptance of Marxist-Socialist terminology, itself not only untrue, but intended to be misleading. The essential characterstic of capitalism is not that it permits private ownership of means of production, distribution and exchange, be it land, building, machinery, etc. The personal ownership of all these factors have been since the beginning of mankind a part of natural law. Even the earliest barbarians who owned a stone axe and a bow, and arrows, or the primitive plough and other tools, were not capitalists. Neither were men of feudal times capitalists even if they were great lords. And not even a miser who had accumulated a hoard of gold a capitalist. They all were, and in similar circumtances still are, owners of property.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...cgi?read=23036

ISLAM AND PRIVATE OWNERSHIP
Is private ownership a natural propensity?Communists and their likes insist that it is not. They claim that there was no private property in the earliest societies where the "first communism" prevailed. All things, they say, were public property shared by all people who were guided by a spirit of affec­tion, co-operation and brotherhood. They sadly regret that such “an angelic era" did not last because the discovery of agriculture involved disputes over the cultivated land and the means of pro­duction. This inevitably led to war. The Communists allege that humanity can put an end to this dreadful evil only by returning more to “the first Communism" where no one had a property or one's own and all production was equally shared by all people. They believe that this is the only way to restore peace, affection and harmony to the world. On the other hand, psychologists and sociologists do not agree upon a clear distinction between natural and acquired human emotions, concepts and manners. Likewise they differ regarding private ownership. Some psychologists and sociologists maintain that private ownership is a natural propensity born with man re­gardless of the conditions of his environment. Others believe that it is acquired through man's environment. A child, they say, refuses to part with any of his toys either because they are too few or because he fears that another child may take them. When there is just one toy for ten children, quarrel is sure to break out, but, they say, where there are ten toys for ten children everyone will have a toy of his own and there will be no conflict.Our answer to the arguments put forward by communists and other psychologists and sociologists is as follows:-­1. No scientist has been able to prove beyond all doubt that private ownership is not the outcome of a natural instinct. All that the leftists could say in this regard is that there is no conclusive evidence available that it is the outcome of a natural instinct. But that is another question.2. The example-about children and their toys-which the communists give in support of their stand cannot lead to the con­clusions they aim at. That quarrels do not break out when ten children are given ten toys does not rule out the existence of a natural desire for ownership. It means that the desire for ownership may, in healthy cases, be satisfied by absolute equality. The aforesaid example does not rule out the existence of such desire but it may help to define its nature. Besides, no one can deny that many children would not hesitate to usurp the toys of their friends unless they are prevented from doing so for reasons beyond their control.3. As to "the angelic era" which the communists suppose to have accompanied the earliest societies, it may be said that there is no real evidence that such an era did really exist. Even if there had been such an era, there could have been no means of production at the time. How could disputes arise over something that did not exist? At that time people got their foodeasily and directly from trees. When they went hunting they had to go in groups for fear of wild animals. It was impossible to store slain animals for they would soon go bad. So they had to be eaten up as soon as possible. The absence of conflict in that case does not rule out the existence of a natural desire for ownership. As a matter of fact, absence of conflict is due to absence of anything worth the strife. This is why the discovery of agriculture brought about conflict. The said discovery stimulated a hitherto dormant tendency which till then lacked the incentive for action.

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=157&chapter=5

Debate: Sheikh Anjem Choudary & Dr Naseem on Shariah for UK part 5

Uploaded by almuhajiroun on Dec 6, 2009A recent debate that took place in December 2009, focusing on the implementation of Shariah in Britain. www.islam4uk.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXVZJkz2C5o

Snowflake
06-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Shaikh Anjem Choudary? When did he become a scholar? The guys an idiot.

Who Am I?
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

Shaikh Anjem Choudary? When did he become a scholar? The guys an idiot.
*Googles... reads....*

Futuwwa
06-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Can someone tell me why well-educated workers in a first world country should work jobs that any uneducated sweatshop worker anywhere can do? That's not the way to prosperity, that's settling for mediocrity at best.

Who Am I?
06-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Can someone tell me why well-educated workers in a first world country should work jobs that any uneducated sweatshop worker anywhere can do? That's not the way to prosperity, that's settling for mediocrity at best.
In some places, those may be the only jobs available. I would go into more detail, but I don't feel like posting a wall of text right now. I could link to another thread on another forum in which I lurk, but some of the content there would not be appropriate for this environment.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!