/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Types of salat and how to read them

White Rose
04-10-2012, 04:21 PM
:sl:

What kind of different salat are there that can be read and how can they be read? I know there is one salat for giving thanks but I don't know much about it and when to read.

JazakAllah for your reply.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
White Rose
04-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Bump:hiding:

Chaajo
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I know there's a type prayer that you can perform between Aisha and Fajr to make up the prayers you missed since maturation. I think it's called Nafl? Let's wait for someone to give us a clue. :) I want to know myself all types of prayers.

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
:salamext:

Prayer of Thanks (Salat al-Shukr)

Question: Is there a concept of two rak'at for shukr in the hanafi math-hab or is it better to do a prostration of thankfulness on hearing good news?

Answer: Yes, it is from the sunna to pray two rakats out of thankfulness when there is a manifest blessing. This is recommended. [ Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar] It is a superior way of expressing one's thankfulness than the also-recommended prostrations of thanks (sujud al-shukr).

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?id=15174&hd=1

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!