/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suras

Sunnie Ameena
04-12-2012, 06:42 PM
This message may have already been posted. Is there a particular Sura you recite when praying, and do you say the same Sura each time during prayer? I say two different ones, and did not know if that was correct or not. Looking forward to hearing from you. Sunnie Ameena

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie Ameena
I say two different ones, and did not know if that was correct or not
Yes sister, you can do that. You can read any surah or part of surah (short or long) in every one of the two first raka'at.

It's preferable to follow the order of the quran : that what you read in the second raka'a is located in the quran after the part you read in the first raka'a (not necessarily in direct succession, but in order of precedence).

The Prophet, upon whom be peace, did not confine his recitation of the Qur'an in prayers to some specific surahs, (except for the Friday and 'Id prayers). Concerning the other prayers, Abu Dawud has recorded a hadith from 'Amr ibn Shu'aib from his father on the authority of his grandfather who said, "There is no separate surah, large or small, except the ones I heard the Prophet recite while leading the people in one of the obligatory prayers. He used to recite the entire surah in two rak'ahs, or just the initial part of the surah. It has not been recorded from him that he would recite from the middle or the end of the surah, nor that he would recite two surahs in one rak'ah during the obligatory prayers. He would, however, do so during voluntary prayers. Said Ibn Mas'ud, "I know the surahs the Prophet used to recite together in one rak'ah: ar-Rahman and an-Najm, al-Qamar and al-Haqqah, at-Tur and azh-Zhariyat, al-Waqi'ah and Noon, and so on." But this hadith does not tell us if this was during obligatory or voluntary prayers. The latter is more probable. He rarely recited one surah in two (both) rak'ahs. Abu Dawud records that a man from the tribe of Juhainah heard the Prophet, upon whom be peace, recite the complete surah az-Zil~al twice in both rak'ahs of the morning prayer. The man commented, "I do not know if he did this out of forgetfulness or if he recited it twice intentionally."
source ..

Sunnie Ameena
04-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Thank you Marwen, that was very helpful.

Darth Ultor
04-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Isn't al-Fatiha read during Salat?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
04-12-2012, 09:52 PM
^ Yes, we always read fatiha in every raka'ah.
In the raka'ahs 1 and 2, we read Fatiha + any sura (or part of surah(s)). In the other raka'ahs (3 and 4) we read only Fatiha. I suppose sister Ameena asked about the sura we read after fatiha in the 2 first raka'ah.

Sunnie Ameena
04-12-2012, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I suppose sister Ameena asked about the sura we read after fatiha in the 2 first raka'ah.
Yes, that is what I was asking about.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!