/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite political quotes

Darth Ultor
04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
What are your favorite quotes about politics?

format_quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper."

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God."

format_quote Originally Posted by Voltaire
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices."

"All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God."

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."

"What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly - that is the first law of nature."

format_quote Originally Posted by Victor Hugo
"A creditor is worse than a slave-owner; for the master owns only your person, but a creditor owns your dignity, and can command it."

"A faith is a necessity to a man. Woe to him who believes in nothing."

"An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come."

"Religions do a useful thing: they narrow God to the limits of man. Philosophy replies by doing a necessary thing: it elevates man to the plane of God."

format_quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them."

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind."

format_quote Originally Posted by Ben Franklin
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

"It is only when the rich are sick that they fully feel the impotence of wealth."
format_quote Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."

format_quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
"A system of capitalism presumes sound money, not fiat money manipulated by a central bank. Capitalism cherishes voluntary contracts and interest rates that are determined by savings, not credit creation by a central bank."

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas."

"I will always vote what I have promised, and always vote the Constitution, as well as I will not vote for one single penny that isn't paid for, because debt is the monster, debt is what's going to eat us up and that is why our economy is on the brink."

"If you like small government you need to work hard at having a strong national defense that is not so militant. Personal liberty is the purpose of government, to protect liberty - not to run your personal life, not to run the economy, and not to pretend that we can tell the world how they ought to live."

"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads."

"The obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!