/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IMPT: I need ideas..!!

Insanely.Krazii
04-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Salaamz all,

So I entered a Young Muslim Writers Awards competition thing and all week I've been trying to think up of a storyline but for some reason my mind is BLANK. It's due in July and I was wondering if you guys could help me out...? I just need anything to start out with at least- any ideas or synopsis etc and preferably with an Islamic plot. All genre's are allowed. At this point I can work with anything so feel free to say the first thing (or anything) that comes to mind.

Jazakumallahu khayr in advance!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed1
04-13-2012, 11:45 PM
a mans journey to hell and his experience there
use the many hadiths which are very vivid in describing jahannam

Endymion
04-14-2012, 12:12 PM
A young man who is inspired of devoted Sahaba's like Musab Bin Umair RA.He is a convert and facing difficulties in the way of Allah.

Muhaba
04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
just start writing not worrying what to write, whether the story will be good, etc. don't even worry about your sentences or punctuation at the start. just write. it will free up your mind. freewriting is one of the best writing exercises. some of my stories seem to be going nowhere at the start but instead of deleting and starting from scratch i continue writing. some of these writing exercises turn into good stories while others just remain as practice files that i use to write from time to time. maybe someday some of those might become stories i am able to publsih or post but for nopw they are only for practice.

of course different people write in different ways. some need a plot from the beginning or even a complete outline. if you are that kind of writer, when you find a good storyline, you can think of the complete plot. if you are the type who let the story go its own way, then you can continue to write on until the end.

good luck with the competition.
btw if its an online competition or one anyone can enter, can you give me the address so i can enter too. thanks!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insanely.Krazii
04-14-2012, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
just start writing not worrying what to write, whether the story will be good, etc. don't even worry about your sentences or punctuation at the start. just write. it will free up your mind. freewriting is one of the best writing exercises. some of my stories seem to be going nowhere at the start but instead of deleting and starting from scratch i continue writing. some of these writing exercises turn into good stories while others just remain as practice files that i use to write from time to time. maybe someday some of those might become stories i am able to publsih or post but for nopw they are only for practice.
of course different people write in different ways. some need a plot from the beginning or even a complete outline. if you are that kind of writer, when you find a good storyline, you can think of the complete plot. if you are the type who let the story go its own way, then you can continue to write on until the end.
good luck with the competition.
btw if its an online competition or one anyone can enter, can you give me the address so i can enter too. thanks!
Thanks for the advise! :) I already know I want it to be from a girls point of view and I want her to start out as a non-Muslim and just a lost teenager in the US. But I want a nice twist in the story that'll make it unique from the other stories.

Sure, I can give ya the link.. so we'll compete against each other :P Lol, I'm kidding. Uhh it says I can't put up links until I have more posts so just type on Google: Muslim Writers Awards competition and the link should come up.

Endymion
04-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Is that it :)

http://muslimwritersawards.org.uk/

Insanely.Krazii
04-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Yup thats the main site! Then you click the "submit work" link on the right side of the logo and the form will come up.

Are you interested in entering as well? :)

Muezzin
04-14-2012, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insanely.Krazii
Thanks for the advise! :) I already know I want it to be from a girls point of view and I want her to start out as a non-Muslim and just a lost teenager in the US. But I want a nice twist in the story that'll make it unique from the other stories.
Then write it. Don't ask us for a unique twist that will make it unique from the other stories, as you will simply be copying someone else's idea. Your mind is unique. Use it. :)

TrueStranger
04-14-2012, 11:19 PM
The story of Yusuf (PBUH) has plenty of twists and turns.....the jealous siblings, a heartbroken father, his master's tempting wife, the betraying prisoner, and a beautiful happy ending.

I'm sure you will come up with something unique. *fist clenched* Hwaiting!

Endymion
04-15-2012, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insanely.Krazii
Are you interested in entering as well?
Nah,i don't think im good at it.Thats just my free online help service to collect doaa's :shade: :hiding:

Insanely.Krazii
04-15-2012, 02:12 PM
jzk everyone :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!