/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Obeying The Law Of The Land

Abu.Yusuf
04-13-2012, 10:49 PM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum

The topic of whether we should obey the law of the land we live in or not has been a controversial topic for the Muslims in the west. Some people say we are obliged to obey it while others say it is completely forbidden, even shirk. This causes a lot of confusion amongst the Ummah, when it should not be so confusing.

I have tried to look at both sides of the argument. But I wanted someone to present their views, using Qur`aan and Sunnah as opposed to personal opinions, first and then we can have the discussion inshaa`Allaah and clarify any confusion..

I would like to start off though with the saying by Imaam Bukhaari: Al-'Ilmu Qablal Qawlu wa 'Amal - the knowledge [of the Divine rules] comes before any speech or action.

This means we must look to what Allaah and His Messenger said first before declaring something obliged or forbidden...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!