/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I just cant believe he said this!

ILuvAllah
04-15-2012, 04:20 AM
I was talking to my cousin on skype the other day, he is a student of engineering who considers himself very smart and intelligent just because he can work out those calculus. As I am a student of Islamic studies, he said theres no value of Islamic studies and Muslims are so behind on science and technology. He thinks there are no Muslim scientists. I was so shocked by his statement. If only he realized how dumb he is. May Allah guide him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
04-15-2012, 05:02 AM
i blv the biggest scientist on the earth was Prophet PBUH and Suhaba RA. what they did can never be explained by science even today. eg dividing the moon, walking on water, etc...
the matter is scince is study of matter and religion is knowledge given by creator of matter. so one who is closed to creator of matter can use matter accoding to his will and creator may change properties of matter for this person. but scientist cant do that. they only got benefited as per normal properties of matter and they r thinking we r doing much. infact they are doing nothing if they dont recognise the creator of matter but only the matter.

real islam
04-15-2012, 05:38 AM
Subhanallah

real islam
04-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Not only believe it was and sure Qur'an says that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadan90
04-15-2012, 09:42 AM
He is ignoramous. He does not see the wisdom behind our religion and that is what happens when you do not learn anything about your own religion.Islam had also their own golden times, and could still have if we followed Islam correctly. I feel sorry for people who get boastful and full of ego because of acquiring a drop of knowledge. May Allah help him.

marwen
04-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Some people think that a scientist necessarily should be atheist, should fight all religions and should have a problem with (religious) morals, otherwise he is not a scientist. That idea implies that religion is irrational and goes against the right way of thinking. And many young students tend to follow this ideal, if they have no strong religious education.

This idea is of course incorrect and stupid. Because it reduces the existence to what humans know and are able to discover with their mind : it means anything that we can't reach with our mind, is therefore impossible and irrational.

Atheists think the concept of God and the creation, presented in religion is absurd: A God Who existed always without a predecessor. Yet, they can't expose a right argument why they are correct and religion is incorrect. But in reality they are more irrational, by thinking that this universe existed without a creator : the eternal universe, infinite succession of universes, big-bang theory, before big-bang, etc. Nothing rational here. Let's take the big bang theory for example, considered as the best describing model of the origin of universe (which is always spreading) it's complete non-sense, if we take it from a mathematical point of view : a "singularity" of zero volume that contained infinite density and infinitely large energy.

You see science is not better than religion : the first is made by humans based on their knowledge and what they observe, relatively true, as long as it does not reach areas that are beyond mind and human knowledge. The last is from God, gives us explanations for what we can't reach with our earthly knowledge, true as long as we are believers.
Science and religion should never be considered paradoxical, but complementary : Knowledge = science + religion/revelation.

Now who said all scientists are non-religious ? look at the first muslim scientists who put the first bricks of modern science and mathematics. Look at the number of muslim scientists in egypt, pakistan, india, USA, europe.
A complete human is someone who seeks knowledge about this life and the afterlife, from science and from religion.

ILuvAllah
04-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I think the West could do a lot better to learn to understand more about Islam and its true spirit. It is really about learning the self discipline of becoming a good person in heart, mind and actions... and most Muslims strive towards this goal with sincerity.
Also, Muhammad in his wisdom said that education is always a good thing, and must be encouraged in all ways. Because of this, Islamic culture once led the way in astronomy, mathematics, architecture and medicine. Much of our Western science today would have been impossible without the basics we learned from Arabs. Some Arab countries may one day re-embrace this early aspect of Muslim culture and perhaps one day become again a great source of knowledge.
Really, we should try never to take anything for granted, because all things change.

(this is coming from a Australian non Muslim not me) :)

Muezzin
04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iluv♥Allah
I was talking to my cousin on skype the other day, he is a student of engineering who considers himself very smart and intelligent just because he can work out those calculus. As I am a student of Islamic studies, he said theres no value of Islamic studies and Muslims are so behind on science and technology. He thinks there are no Muslim scientists. I was so shocked by his statement. If only he realized how dumb he is. May Allah guide him.
It's perfectly possible to learn Islamic studies as well as science. They're not mutually exclusive at all. Islam encourages us to learn about Allah's creations and how they work.

Your cousin seems to be unaware of (or has forgotten) the wealth of scientific and mathematical contributions made by Muslim scholars during Europe's 'Dark Ages'.

Now all we need to do is make the same push today.

Hulk
04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Ignorant people are usually very outspoken while the the ones who aren't are usually quiet because they are aware that to speak of something without proper knowledge is irresponsible.

جوري
04-16-2012, 04:37 AM
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...y-country.html

real islam
05-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Hulk i like your Signature.Thanks for reminder me it now.:thumbs_up

Al-bint
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM

wasalaam!

Hulk
05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by real islam
Hulk i like your Signature.Thanks for reminder me it now.
Alhamdulillah all good is from Allah :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!