/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prologue - Found Then Lost

Insanely.Krazii
04-17-2012, 10:16 PM
This is the prologue from one of my books called Found Then Lost.

Comments...??

-

Memories… They're the picture frame of life. They're the strength that holds everything together. They're the encouragement to move forward. So many details piled in your head that play out like a movie on demand. Some are sad while others are happy- but they all hold a special place. Throughout the trials in life, it is unto them that you hold. They're a part of you- a shard of your existence.

But what happens when they disappear?

You wake up to a strange world, one that holds of no meaning. At first, it's like awakening as a newborn creature. Everything is unfamiliar with no specific belonging. The places, the food, the clothing... They're all alien to you. It's as if there's something prodding in the back of your mind – a reflection from another life. But you cannot reach it.

And the people. The faces, eyes, lips, hands… Is it possible to forget a being that once meant the world to you? That all you could see was their smile? That once upon a time, you would've easily given up your life to save them?

Now they're no different than grain of sand.

What happens when you gaze into eyes bursting with an emotion that you cannot return because… you forgot? What happens when you watch that person desperately hold onto you while you slowly dissolve from the despairing grasp? What happens when your world shatters in front of your eyes and you haven't a clue that somewhere, there are tears falling because of you? Because of the remembrances that died inside of you… but still haunt them every day and night...? Yet all they can do is watch you begin a new life, with new people, and new memories.

Everyone, no matter what race or color, has a story to tell. Majority of them are similar to others, while the rest of us are on a completely different page. One filled with small black pictures smeared by the tears that tell their own story. One with so much yearning that the words pull you into their world; into their journey.

One kind of like mine.

I'm finally exposing everything; I'm permanently imprisoning the memories into these sheets of paper.

Forgetting is such a scary thing, and I don't want the past to erase no matter how bad some moments were. In order for me to continue towards the future, I mustn’t lose who I was in the past. Or I'll be lost forever, floating somewhere in between.

Yet life ironically finds a way beyond me to make that happen. It puts me in situations where I wish to forget; where I sincerely pray to have all my memories erased. To have all the sorrow and anguish and broken dreams locked in a dark room and unknown to me forever. To go against everything I had just previously written.

So here you go; welcome abroad and I hope you'll learn a valuable lesson: Never take anything for granted. Treasure every minute that goes by. And never trust in love... Never trust in promises... Just trust in God.

-

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!