/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you know names of all the 12 khalifah?

ILuvAllah
04-19-2012, 02:24 PM
The Prophet(pbuh) said: "Islam will continue to be triumphant until there have been twelve Caliphs, all of them from Quraysh."

Among the 12 Khalifah, Some were

1) Abu Bakr (632-634).
2) Umar (634-644).
3) Uthman ibn Affan (644-656).
4) Ali Ben Abu Talib (656-661).
5) al-Hasan (661-669). (prophetic caliphate ends here)
6) Muawiyah I ibn Abu Sufyan (661-680)
7) Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz (717-720)

My confusion is who are the rest of of them? When did they appear? I could not find about it anywhere. Does anyone have any idea about them?

I know its definitely not the 12 Imams of the shia and I know Mahdi is the last one but who are the ones in between?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I don't think they all happened yet.. There's still khilafah rashida on the horizon insha'Allah

and Allah swt knows best,

:w:

ILuvAllah
04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
I don't think they all happened yet.. There's still khilafah rashida on the horizon insha'Allah

and Allah swt knows best,

what is khalifah Rashida? :confused:

جوري
04-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Like that of the rightly guided khalifs who were referd to as Ar'rashudun.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
catalzzy
04-19-2012, 10:37 PM
salaam. yeah also why is 12 imams to shia? sunni views is different from that? :)

جوري
04-19-2012, 10:44 PM
repeat post upon refreshing pls remove.

crimsontide06
Please excuse my ignorance... what is a khalifah? No disrespect but please use English to explain...

جوري
Shi3as render their own explanations to everything. They can look at the same verse as us and have a different rendition.
I have often wondered how they read this verse and remain shiites for instance:

Al-An'am (The Cattle) [6:159]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Inna allatheena farraqoo deenahum wakanoo shiyaAAan lasta minhum fee shayin innama amruhum ila Allahi thumma yunabbiohum bima kanoo yafAAaloona
6:159 As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

So they think the 12 already happened the mahdi is the 12th hiding in a pipe somewhere..
We know from the hadith that we'll have:

The Return of The Khilafah

“Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: ‘Prophethood will last among you for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will take it away. Then it will be (followed by) a Khilafah Rashida (rightly guided) on the pattern of the Prophethood. It will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will take it away. Afterwards there will be a hereditary leadership which will remain for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if He wishes. Afterwards, there will be biting oppression, and it will last for as long as Allah wishes, then He will lift it if He wishes. Then there will be a Khilafah Rashida according to the ways of the Prophethood.’ Then he kept silent.” [Musnad Imam Ahmad]

Scholars explain this hadith in this way: Prophethood as in the beginning of the hadith ended with the death of Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam). The next stage was Khilafah Rashida and this was from Abu Bakr Siddiq to Ali ibn Abi Taalib (radi Allahu anhuma). Then the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said it would be Mulkan which was the rule of the Banu Umayyah, Banu Abbas and the Khilafah Uthmaniyyah. Then after that, he said it would be dictatorship, i.e. oppressive rule, which we are living under today. The next stage will be Khilafah Rashida once again insha-Allah.

so obviously a little more than half haven't happened yet..

and Allah swt knows best . .. I am no scholar but it appears self-explanatory..

ILuvAllah
04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
Shi3as render their own explanations to everything. They can look at the same verse as us and have a different rendition.
I have often wondered how they read this verse and remain shiites for instance:

Al-An'am (The Cattle) [6:159]

[RECITE]

Inna allatheena farraqoo deenahum wakanoo shiyaAAan lasta minhum fee shayin innama amruhum ila Allahi thumma yunabbiohum bima kanoo yafAAaloona
6:159 As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

So they think the 12 already happened the mahdi is the 12th hiding in a pipe somewhere..
We know from the hadith that we'll have:

The Return of The Khilafah

“Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: ‘Prophethood will last among you for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will take it away. Then it will be (followed by) a Khilafah Rashida (rightly guided) on the pattern of the Prophethood. It will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah will take it away. Afterwards there will be a hereditary leadership which will remain for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if He wishes. Afterwards, there will be biting oppression, and it will last for as long as Allah wishes, then He will lift it if He wishes. Then there will be a Khilafah Rashida according to the ways of the Prophethood.’ Then he kept silent.” [Musnad Imam Ahmad]

Scholars explain this hadith in this way: Prophethood as in the beginning of the hadith ended with the death of Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam). The next stage was Khilafah Rashida and this was from Abu Bakr Siddiq to Ali ibn Abi Taalib (radi Allahu anhuma). Then the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said it would be Mulkan which was the rule of the Banu Umayyah, Banu Abbas and the Khilafah Uthmaniyyah. Then after that, he said it would be dictatorship, i.e. oppressive rule, which we are living under today. The next stage will be Khilafah Rashida once again insha-Allah.

so obviously a little more than half haven't happened yet..

and Allah swt knows best . .. I am no scholar but it appears self-explanatory..

does the next khalifah rashida comes before Imam Mahdi or will it come with Imam Mahdi?

ILuvAllah
04-20-2012, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Please excuse my ignorance... what is a khalifah? No disrespect but please use English to explain...
Khalifah means an Islamic ruler

Khilafah means an islamic state governed purely by the sharia

Jedi_Mindset
04-20-2012, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iluv♥Allah
does the next khalifah rashida comes before Imam Mahdi or will it come with Imam Mahdi?
I think when mahdi appears, and fight the disbelievers and hypocrites, and dajjal is defeated by Prophet Isa(As), and gog&magog are destroyed by Allah(SWT) the khalifah will be back again. Allah knows best, our ummah needs a massive awakening and stop playing with the fitnah from shaytaan and dajjal. Something significant needs to happen, hopefully soon Insha'Allah

BUT we shouldn't sit quiet till mahdi comes, we need to start now.

جوري
04-20-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't know when khilafah will start but certainly events change over time. One doesn't go from one condition to another overnight .. infants aren't conceived and born on the same day.. things need time to grow and progress.. I think when the Mahdi comes the world should at least be ready for him.. and I believe there's an Islamic revival now that is being fought against aggressively. So it is up to us to decide where we stand on the issue, what we want and what our purpose is. Allah swt doesn't gift his kingdom to kaffirs, hypocrites and wish washy people..Allah swt will bequeath the kingdom to '3ibadho as'sal7een' so we're told in the Quran..
So are we those people?
I don't know..

and Allah swt knows best of all matters

ILuvAllah
04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Islam would win without fight and without weapons. Victory is near Insha'Allah.

Said_Soussi
05-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Islam would win without fight and without weapons. Victory is near Insha'Allah.
incha'Allah

CosmicPathos
05-18-2012, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Said_Soussi
incha'Allah
are you turkish?

Said_Soussi
05-18-2012, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
are you turkish?
No brother i'm Moroccan but born and raised in Holland.

Said_Soussi
05-24-2012, 12:28 PM

Lavitz
05-20-2015, 05:54 AM
I disagree with the lists in this article, and so did the major scholars of Ahlulsunnah. The correct view is that the twelve caliphs all passed away during the Umayad period and that the twelve do not include the mahdi.

Check out:

http://twelvershia.net/2015/05/12/ha...welve-caliphs/

Don't worry, http://twelvershia.net is a Sunni site. ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!