/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problem

Insecured soul
04-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Salaam alaikum people,

Its been a long time since i posted something on islamicboard, but few of u might
remember me, anyway.

I have a problem, i sleep on my chest. which is islamically not correct and also bad for health.

I remember a hadith where rasul allah swt saw someone sleeping on his chest and he said this is the posture of the people of hellfire and he asked him to sleep on his back.

When i try to sleep on my back i dont fall asleep and as soon i shift on my chest i fall asleep, im trying very hard but its very difficult to overcome this problem.

suggesstions please.

Assalam alaikum warehmatuallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
04-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Walakum asalam,

Since you have the knowledge that it isn't islamically correct to sleep on your stomach side then you should try your humble best efforts in changing that habit. I use to have this issue when I was younger,but now I have created such a habit that I don't sleep on my ventral side.

Ultimately your primary motive is to please Allaah, which will require you to break free of this habit. To break out of the habit you my brother are going to have to use your will power, and your knowledge on Islam to assist you. Utilizing both your will power and knowledge will allow you to develop the habit you wish to acquire which is to sleep on your back (or side).Your mindset already is to please Allaah and since you know what your doing is haaram then you should use your will power to put against that in order to please Allaah.

Insecured soul
04-27-2012, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Walakum asalam,

Since you have the knowledge that it isn't islamically correct to sleep on your stomach side then you should try your humble best efforts in changing that habit. I use to have this issue when I was younger,but now I have created such a habit that I don't sleep on my ventral side.

Ultimately your primary motive is to please Allaah, which will require you to break free of this habit. To break out of the habit you my brother are going to have to use your will power, and your knowledge on Islam to assist you. Utilizing both your will power and knowledge will allow you to develop the habit you wish to acquire which is to sleep on your back (or side).Your mindset already is to please Allaah and since you know what your doing is haaram then you should use your will power to put against that in order to please Allaah.
Alhamdolillah, im slowly getting rid of this problem :)
how wonderfull it will be if we are not attached to anything unislamic

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!